Thread: Trump administration now wants a floating border wall

Trump administration now wants a floating border wall

The Trump administration wants to install floating border barriers that could be used to wall off river crossings and reservoirs along the international boundary with Mexico or extend U.S. fencing deeper into the sea, according to a new market solicitation posted by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

The Buoy Barrier System described in a new federal contracting bulletin seeks information from private companies capable of installing a system that could meet U.S. Customs and Border Protection requirements. Such a barrier would need to prevent swimmers from climbing onto it “and must include a component (such as an anti-dive mesh) that would impede incursions and/or breaching via underwater diving while minimizing debris buildup,” the solicitation states.

Such floating barriers or river-based deterrents could allow the U.S. government to block migrants from fording waters along stretches of the Rio Grande where it is difficult or impossible to build steel barriers on the shoreline. It also could provide the U.S. government a way to install some form of a barrier in areas of Texas where private owners have resisted efforts at eminent domain seizures or proposals to build structures and roadways on their properties.

The Rio Grande makes up about two-thirds of the 2,000-mile international boundary with Mexico, and during certain times of year there are places along the river that are shallow enough for people to walk or wade through. Along the busiest stretch for illegal traffic, closer to the river’s terminus in the Gulf of Mexico, migrants and smuggling guides typically paddle through dangerous currents using cheap inflatable rafts and flotation devices, often at grave risk.

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/immig...41d_story.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good grief. How much more “security” do we need, for providing incentives and handouts. Why not just quit giving Billions and billions to other people and public/private companies and just leave me and my money alone!

Looks like it’s time to Follow the Money again to find out what Fascist companies are behind this, now that Gates is out in the open.

Statists gonna stat, at the expense of more liberty/bucks.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Good grief. How much more “security” do we need, for providing incentives and handouts. Why not just quit giving Billions and billions to other people and public/private companies and just leave me and my money alone!

Looks like it’s time to Follow the Money again to find out what Fascist companies are behind this, now that Gates is out in the open.

And the commie jumps right in to demand open borders to facilitate the commie invasion.
    He doesn't even stop to recognize that this is going to obviate the need for Eminent Domain for the wall.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And the commie jumps right in to demand open borders to facilitate the commie invasion.
    He doesn't even stop to recognize that this is going to obviate the need for Eminent Domain for the wall.
    Try something new, SS.... try looking up the actual definitions of 1. Commie, and 2. Fascist. When you are done, look up the words liberty, and Fiscal Responsibility.

Get back to me with definitions when you’re done. I am sick of paying extortion money for what this government/companies create. It’s a never-ending GD revolving door.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

For the price of all this we should be able to buy Mexico just like Greenland.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Exactly- and anyone with half a brain can see that this $#@! is to keep us in lockdown forever.
    There is no spoon.

Try something new, SS.... try looking up the actual definitions of 1. Commie, and 2. Fascist. When you are done, look up the words liberty, and Fiscal Responsibility.

Get back to me with definitions when you’re done. I am sick of paying extortion money for what this government/companies create. It’s a never-ending GD revolving door.
    I know the definition of a commie, and someone who facilitates the invasion of millions of commies so that they can turn America into a communist dictatorship fits perfectly.

Nowhere does it or the definition of fascism say anything about border defense which is something all nations have done throughout time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    For the price of all this we should be able to buy Mexico just like Greenland.
    Why would we want to buy Mexico? that would just save them the trouble of invading and turn us into a communist country which will cost us far more than the wall.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Exactly- and anyone with half a brain can see that this $#@! is to keep us in lockdown forever.
    It's the Demoncrats imposing the lockdowns and pressuring Republicans to go along with them, millions more Demoncrat voters pouring across the border will keep us in lockdown forever.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Why would we want to buy Mexico? that would just save them the trouble of invading and turn us into a communist country which will cost us far more than the wall.
    The Empire can grow and we can secure local oil reserves and have great beaches, good food, and shrink the size of the Southern border.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    The Empire can grow and we can secure local oil reserves and have great beaches, good food, and shrink the size of the Southern border.
    That's why the empire would want to buy Mexico in addition to gaining millions of Demoncrat voters.
    We and Trump don't want Mexico.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment