Thread: Trump to end federal fuding of Universities over leftist indoctrination

Trump to end federal fuding of Universities over leftist indoctrination

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...16586273468416

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...16590060965888

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems never trumpers and liberals arent to happy and are missing the point what Trump tweeted.

He's been there four years, why now? It's an election year. This, if he does it, wont pass without a huge legal battle. Not saying I'm against it but why did he wait so long?
    "The Patriarch"

Karl Marx is the most assigned economist in U.S. college classes

’Communist Manifesto’ appears in more than 3,000 college course syllabi, researchers find

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...ege-2016-01-27

"The findings are in line with past surveys. A 2004 poll found that among sociology professors, 25 percent self-identified as "Marxist,” 49 percent identified as Democrats, and 5 percent as Republicans. It’s not just sociology – in social sciences broadly, more professors identified as Marxist than as conservative." https://www.foxnews.com/politics/soc...ft-in-politics

He needs to follow through and actually do it instead of just stating it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Karl Marx is the most assigned economist in U.S. college classes

’Communist Manifesto’ appears in more than 3,000 college course syllabi, researchers find

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/co...ege-2016-01-27

"The findings are in line with past surveys. A 2004 poll found that among sociology professors, 25 percent self-identified as "Marxist,” 49 percent identified as Democrats, and 5 percent as Republicans. It’s not just sociology – in social sciences broadly, more professors identified as Marxist than as conservative." https://www.foxnews.com/politics/soc...ft-in-politics
    According to the linked article The Communist Manifesto isn't taught as an economics text, but rather as a work of political theory alongside such works as “The Social Contract,” by Jean-Jacques Rousseau; “Leviathan,” by Thomas Hobbes; and “On Liberty,” by John Stuart Mill. My guess is that it's mainly taught in courses in the political science department.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He's been there four years, why now? It's an election year. This, if he does it, wont pass without a huge legal battle. Not saying I'm against it but why did he wait so long?
    The fed gov should be out of ALL education.
    There is no spoon.

...make it retroactive...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice fakenews title of this thread.
    Why would an NYC Left wing values groomed (h/t Ted Cruz) RINO stop Left wing causes funding?

ss, why couldn't you pick more accurate wording like...

"Few weeeks before elections highly credible GOPA leadership has decided to tweet to ask someone to re-examine the possibility of doing something if xyz happens in institutions that remain mostly shutdown for coming months due to MAGA led $6 Trillion debt spending fueled war against the "invisible enemy" aka "the plague" aka the "hoax" ?

So much 'had me 6.0' aspects of this fake headline, where to start. Let's assume if such a trial balloon was real news. Then if Left would be the reason for cutting funding, how do you explain GOPA leadership supporting funding for Left wing led institutions elsewhere:

Trump defends $25 million in Kennedy Center funding in coronavirus stimulus
    03/25/20
    President Trump on Wednesday defended the inclusion of $25 million in funding for the Kennedy Center as part of the massive economic relief bill aimed at boosting small businesses and workers harmed by the fallout of the coronavirus.

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

Or could real reason be to puppy whistle (like the "white power" tweet/deletion tactic few days ago in response to polling data reports of 'Biden gaining support among white voters') to try and stop bleeding of funding from mega donors many of whom happen to be strong allies of our closest ally in dangerous Iraqi neighborhood?

November 5, 2019
    How BDS Mainstreamed Antisemitism on the American Campus — and Beyond

Antisemitism did not die with the fall of Nazi Germany and its mass murder of six million Jews. The ancient hatred of the Jewish people has mutated like a deadly virus and now infected many college campuses across the US as a mainstream movement — and was embraced at a national conference at the University of Minnesota last weekend.

The conference was held by Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), which has been one of the main drivers of the antisemitic and anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement on American college campuses.

EM.
    Nothing is happening.

As to why now.. election seasson is usually best time to retest the effectiv ness of 'lock her up', 'drain the swamp' type promises.
    It doesn't hurt that many of of those who passed the test of times during Bush-Cheney-Rove era need to retest their mettle now. No party has ever won election if base is utterly tired of too much winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Since he frequently contradicts himself his statements can't be trusted at all, you have to watch his actions to even guess about his positions or plans.
    After ignoring LGBTQ Pride month since he took office—and moving to roll back LGBTQ rights in so many areas—President Donald Trump had the gall to tweet about celebrating Pride on the eve of Pride month, in a couple of tweets on Friday in which he also claimed he had “launched” an effort to decriminalize homosexuality around the world.
    But Trump’s celebration of Pride is as fraudulent and calculated as his claim to be fighting to decriminalize homosexuality. This is in fact an attempt to portray himself as supportive of LGBTQ people as he gears up for the 2020 re-election campaign.

Curious, how do you tell which statement can be trusted and which one is "f-word and calculated" for manipulating non-gullible wing of savior hungry desperate base?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    According to the linked article The Communist Manifesto isn't taught as an economics text, but rather as a work of political theory alongside such works as “The Social Contract,” by Jean-Jacques Rousseau; “Leviathan,” by Thomas Hobbes; and “On Liberty,” by John Stuart Mill. My guess is that it's mainly taught in courses in the political science department.

I know that from when originally read the article, which is why I made sure to link to the percentage of humanities and social science professors who are Marxist.

Clearly they believe the Communist Manifesto is valid. A significant percentage outright endorse that viewpoint. And if 24% are Marxist then that means a significant percentage of those who don't explicitly identify as Marxist are at least sympathetic, otherwise the 24% wouldn't be able to get jobs.

What if 24% of professors in physical science believed the Earth was flat? A quarter of humanities professors are moral equivalents to Holocaust deniers.

Probably because the problem is a lot more apparent to a lot more people now.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The fed gov should be out of ALL education.
    Fixed.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He's been busy with lots of other things and fighting off the constant attacks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I know that from when originally read the article, which is why I made sure to link to the percentage of humanities and social science professors who are Marxist.

Clearly they believe the Communist Manifesto is valid.
    But including TCM in a course's syllabus doesn't mean the prof is Marxist. It's an undeniable fact that TCM has had an enormous influence, and any course on political theory that ignores it is a piss-poor course. When I took an intro course in political theory in my freshman year many decades ago, we read TCM alongside Rousseau, Mill, Hobbes. Locke, Augustine, Hitler, Lenin, and Machiavelli. Including The Prince on the reading list didn't mean the prof was a proponent of cutthroat political machinations. In fact, I never could figure out what his personal political views were; he was simply an excellent lecturer.

But I agree with you -- many leftist profs want to indoctrinate, not teach their students a broad range of views. I just don't think including TCM on a syllabus is anything to be concerned about.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    But including TCM in a course's syllabus doesn't mean the prof is Marxist. It's an undeniable fact that TCM has had an enormous influence, and any course on political theory that ignores it is a piss-poor course. When I took an intro course in political theory in my freshman year many decades ago, we read TCM alongside Rousseau, Mill, Hobbes. Locke, Augustine, Hitler, Lenin, and Machiavelli. Including The Prince on the reading list didn't mean the prof was a proponent of cutthroat political machinations. In fact, I never could figure out what his personal political views were; he was simply an excellent lecturer.

But I agree with you -- many leftist profs want to indoctrinate, not teach their students a broad range of views. I just don't think including TCM on a syllabus is anything to be concerned about.
    You know who isn't on very many reading lists?

FA Hayek. Likely was the most influential political thinker of the 20th Century. Wonder why that is?

according to multiple MAGA posts I've seen it's because he's been constantly fighting off the deep state and illegal coup attempts to get anything done.

Although that eplanation would imply Trump can't delegate something to a cabinet secretary or other top official, it can't be that this tweet is blatant political pandering.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need high school & college to have classes about Lenin/Marxism

& the true story of forced concentration camps, massive murders , loss of freedoms, loss of belief in GOD etc Etc

Like to see efforts like Jewish folks had for horrors of Holocaust

Too many dopes only know the guys writing & not the true evil that took place .

We need to start some kind of betting brokerage where people can bet on the things Trump says. 1) Whether or not Trump will actually try to do the things that he says that he will do, and 2) whether or not he will be successful.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    We need to start some kind of betting brokerage where people can bet on the things Trump says. 1) Whether or not Trump will actually try to do the things that he says that he will do, and 2) whether or not he will be successful.
    3) Whether or not any opposing bettors would ever agree whether or not Trump had "tried" and/or "succeeded" ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Can bots bet?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

4) Under full-blown Fascism, everything he says or attempts will be Null and Void.

This is what many people still do not get.

Trump was put into office for a very specific reason, the democrat-opportunistic business man that he is.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The University of Pittsburgh is under federal investigation for allegedly retaliating against a professor for his views and practicing “overtly race-based admission and hiring.”

The Department of Education informed Pitt Chancellor Patrick Gallagher in a letter Thursday that Norman Wang may have been “disparately treated” on account of his Asian background as well.

Pitt’s affiliated hospital fired Wang from his position as director of a fellowship program this summer, in response to a white paper he published in the Journal of the American Heart Association.

Wang (above) concluded that it would be best to implement race-neutral hiring methods within his field of cardiology. He argued that affirmative action has led to “relatively weak academic starting positions in classes” among black and Hispanic beneficiaries.

The doctor and his work received subsequent backlash from various academic circles, including his University of Pittsburgh Medical Center colleagues. UPMC also asked JAHA to retract Wang’s article, which it did. (Wang retained his faculty position, however.)

The Department of Education “is concerned Pitt’s many representations to students, faculty, and consumers in the market for education credentials regarding its support for academic freedom are false” based on its actions against Wang, Robert King, assistant secretary in the Office of Postsecondary Education, wrote to Gallagher (left).

By “denouncing Dr. Wang’s empirical case for race-neutral admission and hiring,” Pitt suggests that it’s practicing “systemic discrimination based on race” in violation of the Civil Rights Act, King wrote.

This would mean “Pitt’s non-discrimination assurances in its Title IV program participation agreements” were false, and the department may impose “monetary penalties” as a result, he continued. The university spent $1.6 billion in Title IV funds in the past five years.

The department will investigate if Pitt has violated laws and regulations on “misrepresentations,” including President Trump’s 2019 executive order on campus free speech and new department rules on holding colleges to their free-speech promises. King said its representations “were knowingly and intentionally made … to induce students to pay tuition and fees in excess of $34,409, exclusive of room and board.”

More at: https://www.thecollegefix.com/depart...arms-students/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment