Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Police Officers Violently Shove Man Down Causing Serious Harm

Buffalo Police Officers Violently Shove Man Down Causing Serious Harm

Absolutely sickening.

This is prime example of why we need to end Qualified Immunity.

Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    America needs to retrain its police officers.
    Sorry for saying this but would that person live matter though? will there be rioting or looting over the person who has being harmed by the cop?

Come on man’ really? Yes they did shove him but this is pretty lame. If he was really hurt it was not because he was “shoved” violently, it was because it just happened...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Very tragic. Poor old guy. What did this off balance, fragile old guy think might happen?

Two Buffalo police officers were suspended without pay Thursday after a video showed authorities knocking down a 75-year-old man during a protest, Mayor Byron Brown said.

In a statement, Brown said the suspension came after the city’s police commissioner launched an investigation into the incident. Brown did not identify the officers.

Brown said he was "deeply disturbed" by the video, which was published by the local National Public Radio affiliate, WBFO.

The man, who has not been publicly identified, is in serious but stable condition at a local hospital, Brown said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ition-n1225451
    Even more tragic are all of the people who believe that they must sacrifice themselves for Marxist virtue signaling. Brainwashed pawns. It might be possible that this guy is a true Marxist leader, but highly unlikely. Sacrifice is for the useful idiots, not the superior leaders.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Very tragic. Poor old guy. What did this off balance, fragile old guy think might happen?

Even more tragic are all of the people who believe that they must sacrifice themselves for Marxist virtue signaling. Brainwashed pawns. It might be possible that this guy is a true Marxist leader, but highly unlikely. Sacrifice is for the useful idiots, not the superior leaders.
    Apparently now he says that he tripped.

But if WE make note of it we are called racist and get a helicopter in our yard

Fubar
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Apparently now he says that he tripped.
    Is that anything like walking into a door?

In general I understand that riot control is a dangerous situation for police, and you never know if someone is a decoy there to get you ambushed, or what else might be going on. Still, I can't excuse this action. I hope the old man will be ok.

I hate to sound like a d**k, if you go to a riot and confront police you should expect the risk of being hurt or arrested. Still it is a sad sight.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Come on man’ really? Yes they did shove him but this is pretty lame. If he was really hurt it was not because he was “shoved” violently, it was because it just happened...

I just watched it, did anyone happen to see the blood dripping from his ear/head down onto the concrete? And the OCU (Organized Crime Unit) did nothing to check him out or help him.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I hate to sound like a d**k, if you go to a riot and confront police you should expect the risk of being hurt or arrested. Still it is a sad sight.
    I may have to walk this back. I just read the cops were enforcing a curfew, so there may have not been a riot. Why is there a curfew in Buffalo? Why is it enforced during the day? Many police forces use tactics to block people from leaving before curfew starts, generating arrests and revenues.

I've always said that I have no intentions on ever attending a peaceful protest.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I just watched it, did anyone happen to see the blood dripping from his ear/head down onto the concrete? And the OCU (Organized Crime Unit) did nothing to check him out or help him.

I did see the blood coming from his ear I think. Am sure the man was hurt. But the contact made was pretty minimal imo. Also there is a follow up news report video I just found. Odd they they showed everything but the actually shove.

Listen I am in no way supporting the police here. Just noting that things happen in these situations.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

If I were to approach and stand in the path of any moving person - I would thoroughly expect them to shove me out of their way. What other possible scenario could a reasonable person envision?

I believe there’s a disconnect between people who have some familiarity with violence, that is, have experienced it in their own lives, and people who have never experienced a shred of it outside of the movies.

The latter doesn’t know what it’s like to be punched and views every non-theatrical incident where someone is hurt, as the most horrendous thing they've ever seen, considers it totally unacceptable. When they suddenly make a decision to alter their behavior to express “righteous indignation” through varying degrees of aggression, it never occurs to them that someone will respond by aggressing back at them. They're stunned in disbelief when someone does.

The former, knows the reality of aggression, uses logic, picks and chooses battles, alters behavior to avoid conflict when possible, and acknowledges the inevitable - 1. you will get hurt if you act stupidly - and - 2. violence never looks nice while it's happening - even when it is done in response to someone who made the decision to initiate the confrontation in the first place (and therefore should have anticipated the response they received).
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-05-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Charlamagne said, “You know what white privilege is? White privilege is what happened to George Floyd wouldn’t have happened to a white man.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/p...t-92b62f353c58

Police And Their Apologists Have Already Lost The Argument

A police force which cannot respond to protests about police brutality without the internet being flooded with a steady stream of police brutality footage is a police force in sore need of drastic overhaul. It has already been proven that that is in fact the case. There’s no taking it back. There’s no fixing it. It’s done. The debate is officially over.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And this poor old brainwashed man probably believed that he had white privilege because of all of the Marxist SJW drivel he lapped up.

No idea what he thought he was doing, but maybe for his next trick he can go to the zoo and put his arm in the lion's cage. His white privilege will protect him.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And this poor old brainwashed man probably believed that he had white privilege because of all of the Marxist SJW drivel he lapped up.

No idea what he thought he was doing, but maybe for his next trick he can go to the zoo and put his arm in the lion's cage. His white privilege will protect him.
    Unfortunately I already rep'd you in this thread, and it won't let me do it again.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It would be interesting to know what really happened. He might have just been trying to go home. I find it shocking that Buffalo would put a curfew during daylight hours. You have people trying to get home from work or the grocery store caught up in a police line. I think the mayor takes more blame than the cop.

Wtf happened to these forums? I haven't logged in for a while and seeing people defend the actions of the police here goes against what we stood for back in the day. Does the old guy's affiliation matter in light of what happened to him? We'd be up in arms if he were a rp supporter.
    Last edited by freejack; 06-05-2020 at 01:43 PM.

That is horrific.

For some reason didn't see this in any of NBC news headlined clips, could be such videos can add unwanted 'police state' 'brutality' narratives to the preferred 'race bias' narratives that though very legitimate is oft used as a tool in the toolbox by media owners/politicians rather than based on principles of equality.

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    Wtf happened to these forums? I haven't logged in for a while and seeing people defend the actions of the police here goes against what we stood for back in the day. Does the old guy's affiliation matter in light of what happened to him? We'd be up in arms if he were a rp supporter.
    Nobody is defending "the police", but if somebody comes up to you and starts touching your arm with their phone and acting frantic, cop or not, you have the right to push that person away from you.

The larger point, however, is that the left is pushing these riots as a way to destroy the country, hurt more people and make Trump look bad. Nothing about these riots is helping the cause of police brutality. Don't play into their trap.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yep- and preventing on cop from checking him?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yep- and preventing on cop from checking him?
    It was radio'd in immediately, the guy who did it tried to stop and was pulled away.

I guess you could complain, but what are you going to do by complaining and exacerbating this situation? You are going to cause more rioting and looting. You are going to create a bigger police state. All over a bunch of minor bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It was radio'd in immediately, the guy who did it tried to stop and was pulled away.

I guess you could complain, but what are you going to do by complaining and exacerbating this situation? You are going to cause more rioting and looting. You are going to create a bigger police state. All over a bunch of minor bull$#@!.
    Complaining..... I see an old man lying knocked-out on the sidewalk w/cops walking around him & wonder WTF is going on and you say it's minor bull$#@! & that I'm exacerbating the situation????

Stop with the utter BS & insults, hate-baiter- and pray it ain't you on the sidewalk someday with everyone ignoring you.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

sorry but the optics of what happened are quite bad.

this should NOT happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    sorry but the optics of what happened are quite bad.

this should NOT happen!
    So you want to cause more rioting and looting, expand the police state, etc, etc.. because optics?

This entire thing, the pandemic, and now the Floyd situation and the rioting, was all manufactured by the deep state. This is all psychological warfare. Don't play into it..

The guy $#@!ed w/ the police, he was touching them, acting crazy, he could have stabbed them or something. The police had every right to push him away. Maybe they did it a little too hard, it happens. Not something to destroy the country over.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-05-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Sorry I’ve watched this a couple more times and I still would not call that a “violent” shove. It wasn’t even that aggressive imo. At best I would call it a firm push after the elderly gentleman approached and touched him.

It’s unpleasant to see anyone injured and bleeding, but only someone who has never seen truly malicious violence for comparison - would consider this horrifying. The guy appears to be in weak health - looks like a chemo patient in his final months. He was a fool to try and play hero - got the response anyone - anyone - could’ve predicted. His friends should’ve been looking out for him and prevented him from doing something so stupid.

Pause the video while his head is visible and pay particular attention to the gear he is wearing which makes him appear to bleed

All members of Buffalo PD's emergency response team resign in protest.

And it keeps getting more surreal....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast