Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Cabinet: "It's been called the 'anti-government'"

Trump's Cabinet: "It's been called the 'anti-government'"

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goldman Sachs is anti-government?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He fought to replace Obamacare with something else? Wow, he is so anti-government. Extreme anarchist.

I fear for my roads.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    He fought to replace Obamacare with something else? Wow, he is so anti-government. Extreme anarchist.

I fear for my roads.
    Don't worry there will be lots of nation building.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    By who?
    Insane people.

This is an actual title from the Washington Post. Literally. This is how unhinged they are.

"Ayn Rand-acolyte Donald Trump stacks his cabinet with fellow objectivists"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/12/13/daily-202-ayn-rand-acolyte-donald-trump-stacks-his-cabinet-with-fellow-objectivists/584f5cdfe9b69b36fcfeaf3b/?utm_term=.d85fe8bf1142&wpisrc=nl_daily202&wpmm=1

Here is a another

"How Ayn Rand’s Theories Destroyed ‘Never Trump’ Conservatism"

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...servatism.html

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Insane people.

This is an actual title from the Washington Post. Literally. This is how unhinged they are.

"Ayn Rand-acolyte Donald Trump stacks his cabinet with fellow objectivists"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/12/13/daily-202-ayn-rand-acolyte-donald-trump-stacks-his-cabinet-with-fellow-objectivists/584f5cdfe9b69b36fcfeaf3b/?utm_term=.d85fe8bf1142&wpisrc=nl_daily202&wpmm=1

Here is a another

"How Ayn Rand’s Theories Destroyed ‘Never Trump’ Conservatism"

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...servatism.html
    Washington Post? "fake news"
    "The Patriarch"

BTW, this title "Ayn Rand-acolyte Donald Trump stacks his cabinet with fellow objectivists" is not on the opinion page. The author of the article's position atvthe Washington Post is National Political Correspondent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The funny part is they have to do so much establishment dog whistling to counter act their fake news. Trump has to announce every shadow government puppet as a cabinet member and cancel national debates to give speeches to Isreel because he has so many fake news articles pushing out that he is anti Israel. Gotta announce John Bolton as SOS because he primaried on being anti establishment. Gotta announce Mitt Romney for a position, just so I can publicly say he can't have it because he primaried on draining the swamp and wants to hire people like Guliani.

This is all an escalation of the cold war, and people are being so naïve about it, Russia oh he criticized our government that was lying to us about hacking our computers. It's such a dishonest argument, because it takes nothing into consideration. If the government really wanted to protect us from other countries hacking into us, like pretend like they did, and there job was to defend us.

In order to detect and even protect American communications from foreign hackers, the government has to hack into our computers. How does the government catch the hackers unless there is a honey pot? Is Snowden a limited hangout, yes if you consider most people didn't take away the right lesson from it. It's like if people took history class and still repeated it, they aren't really learning anything.

Here it comes. Painting this piece of $#@! Trump as some kind of libertarian. When the economy dies, "libertarian policies" will get the blame.

I fear for my roads.
    Do not give them any ideas , they may want to tax fuel , license plates etc
    Do something Danke

Remember, someone can preach all the anti govt stuff when they are out of govt. The true test would be to see what they do once they actually have gov power. Ronald Reagan is the best example of a politician talking big on cutting govt but then turning around to expand it. And yes, they all have their excuses on why they could not reduce govt but that is all it is, excuses.

I will believe it when I see it.

Anti govt would be when you do not fill positions or fund agencies and abolish agencies . Exactly what is needed if you want to make america great.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Here it comes. Painting this piece of $#@! Trump as some kind of libertarian. When the economy dies, "libertarian policies" will get the blame.
    Nah, piece of $#@! Gary Johnson and Weld already took care of that.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 12-13-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Well, with all of the policies Johnson signed into law as president, maybe you're right. We should never have elected them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson didn't make being anti war cool like Trump did though. Trump made being anti war a winning platform. Gary John doesn't get to ruin the economy and start wars with a libertarian message, he just gets to make it look lame.

Well, with all of the policies Johnson signed into law as president, maybe you're right. We should never have elected them.
    Perhaps you missed it, but Trump is not yet President and has signed absolutely 0 into law.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Perhaps you missed it, but Trump is not yet President and has signed absolutely 0 into law.
    But he will. And the media is already calling him an "Ayn Rand acolyte". When there isn't a single libertarian in his cabinet, nor a single libertarian position in his platform. And the next recession isn't far off. How convenient.

But he will. And the media is already calling him an "Ayn Rand acolyte". When there isn't a single libertarian in his cabinet, nor a single libertarian position in his platform. And the next recession isn't far off. How convenient.

Trump never claimed to be libertarian, or anything close to it. Considering so many claiming to be libertarian here, seem to love open borders and unlimited illegal aliens, I doubt I would have voted for him if he had.
    ================

Trump never claimed to be libertarian, or anything close to it. Considering so many claiming to be libertarian here, seem to love open borders and unlimited illegal aliens, I doubt I would have voted for him if he had.
    Which is a wonderful argument if he wasn't pro war that stole all of the anti war votes through deception. Who will be the ones disappointed the most in this election, libertarians when Trump lives up to their expectations, or anti war Trump supporters who thought they were doing their patriotic duty? IF you say libertarians then I suppose you might be right, Trump will probably program those same patriots into being pro war because being anti war is unpatriotic.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Which is a wonderful argument if he wasn't pro war that stole all of the anti war votes through deception. Who will be the ones disappointed the most in this election, libertarians when Trump lives up to their expectations, or anti war Trump supporters who thought they were doing their patriotic duty? IF you say libertarians then I suppose you might be right, Trump will probably program those same patriots into being pro war because being anti war is unpatriotic.
    Who was the anti-war candidate you believe Trump stole voters from? I must have missed it.
    ================

Anti-Government...what a joke. They all very pro-Govt, just only when it is serving their own interests.

RE Libertarians and Trump. It is pretty unfortunate that there was a legitimate growing Libertarian movement going on in this country before Trump. He kind of swept up all the people who were weak or new Libertarians or were open to learning about it. Seems like it might have been better for things in the long-run if 2016 had been 2 Estblishment candidates like Bush and Hillary. Would have set up 2020 a lot better than it will now.

Global warming "skepticism" is just an anti-science position. The discussion should be had on how to respond to the real threat of global warming, preferably without destroying economies through market interference.

Taxpayer money to private schools rather than government schools is just taking your money and giving it to someone else.

The typical Republican type of "privatization" in general is a farce, because it just takes money from one private entity and hands it over to another.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 12-14-2016 at 03:27 AM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Global warming "skepticism" is just an anti-science position.
    Uh, no, it's an anti-GOVERNMENT science position.

Taxpayer money to private schools rather than government schools is just taking your money and giving it to someone else.
    It creates greater choice for what people can do with their money and how they can educate their kids which is a step in the right direction that will have positive benefits.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    Anti-Government...what a joke. They all very pro-Govt, just only when it is serving their own interests.
    Ya that is actually an interesting strategy I have to admit. He chooses statists and picks them for one of the few issues they are anti-statist on.

Let's assume Trump's goal is to create a powerful force of change, and so he decides he wants to put the most powerful people he can in his cabinet. The problem is he also wants to get things done that aren't very popular with the establishment. So how does he pick people in the establishment who want to do things that are anti-establishment? Well, he has to do some cherry-picking.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It creates greater choice for what people can do with their money and how they can educate their kids which is a step in the right direction that will have positive benefits.
    I honestly think there is zero good to be had by any sort of federalization of school choice. And a lot of potential negatives that could harm the school choice efforts made in the different states.

It looks like he is filling many positions with people that are against the department. Change will never occur if those departments have another status quo leader. Will all these appointments, Trumps true colors/goals will become evident very quickly. He keeps saying it will happen very quickly. I bet things will happen very quickly. First day on the job and everyone will pretty much hate their boss. This is good if you want to get rid of them or change the way things have been getting done.

I didn't say Trump claimed anything. It doesn't matter what he claimed. He will be labeled a libertarian by the media and the philosophy will be blamed for the coming economic disaster. That was always my opinion if he won the election, and now it is coming to pass.

I fear for my roads.
    Learn to spell "muh roads", dammit. "Muh rowdz" is also acceptable.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast