Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amash is all over Drudgereport

Lightbulb Justin Amash/Austin Petersen - Libertarian Party 2020

Justin Amash & Austin Petersen - Libertarian Party 2020.

Dump Trump! Dump the D&R party global crime syndicate
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    At least there'd finally be a real libertarian running as the LP nominee instead of fakeatarians like Barr and Weld.

(meaning the topic of borders, not world communism, per se)

I'll say that's the part of the globalist agenda I'm mostly ok with, after realizing that borders and "nations" have mainly been used by the ruling powers for hundreds, if not thousands, of years to foment their profiteering wars of conquest. How do you incite people to go kill people in other parts of the world if you can't apply a label to them, such as Iraqi? You can't! The modern iteration of "nations" is very much a british empire creation and for what should now be obvious reasons since it still happens today. The sun never truly set on the british empire.

It's a tricky situation, for sure, to maintain a particular culture when anyone can come to "your" land and set up shop, but if people believe in competition in the marketplace, why not also believe in competition of cultures? Even down to competition in such basic things as biology/breeding? I have thought it contradictory how conservatives on one hand pray at the altar of "free market competition" but then on the other hand so vehemently oppose it when it comes to topics like borders.
    Liberty is not natural, tyranny is the law of the jungle and the result you would get.

You are supporting world wide communism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    It's called principle. Amash has it in spades.
    Not on this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    It's called principle. Amash has it in spades.
    Show me where he called for O'Bummer's impeachment for any of his real crimes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amash still going at it with the impeachment nonsense. Very disappointing. I was hoping he would cool it after the backlash.

I think this is only going to do irreparable damage to him within the GOP at a time when we need stronger leadership coming from the House Freedom caucus.
    Last edited by TER; 05-21-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    World communism the free exchange of goods and service across borders with no government regulation or centralized control? You expect us to really believe that? How stupid do you think people are, because only a complete ignoramous would believe that.
    The world is full of communists and you can't wait for them to come here and impose it on us.

Liberty is not popular or natural.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    We can agree on that, but instead of blaming the problem on "invaders" or request government intervention, or complain about what businesses pay or do not pay, why not get to the root and we all demand an end to lobbying? It has to start somewhere, the more of us who scream the better. But we must help educate others to the root cause.
    Oh! Look!

The "Anarchist" wants government to control political speech and eliminate the right to petition for redress of grievances.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Oh! Look!

The "Anarchist" wants government to control political speech and eliminate the right to petition for redress of grievances.
    Well, isn't there a difference between petitioning for redress and the so called lobbying (bribing) of members of congress?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well, isn't there a difference between petitioning for redress and the so called lobbying (bribing) of members of congress?
    It depends on how you define it, there are already laws against bribery and if you try to restrict political speech or donations you will only hurt the ability of the little people to compete with the big wigs who use personal relationships to influence government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They love that really cheap labor--that's what helps them make billions and helps Koch Dynasty political influences. That is the bottom line.
    I'm quite sure a gig at Koch Industries would be a nice salary.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Justin Amash has a voting record that is untouched. This brouhaha from the Trumpettes, especially here on these forums, borders on the absurd. We are on the edge of at least 2 wars, and the butthurt brigade is prepping to throw out one of the two biggest advocates for liberty and non-intervention in the House simply because he has strayed from the GOP thought-police plantation.

This is why I hate people.
    Truth^

It's times like these that remind me why I love politics

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Justin Amash has a voting record that is untouched. This brouhaha from the Trumpettes, especially here on these forums, borders on the absurd. We are on the edge of at least 2 wars, and the butthurt brigade is prepping to throw out one of the two biggest advocates for liberty and non-intervention in the House simply because he has strayed from the GOP thought-police plantation.

This is why I hate people.
    Perhaps Amash should be more like Rand. Work with Trump where he can and criticize where appropriate. Jumping on the progressive bandwagon of impeachment is dumb as $#@!. Amash should know better. And if he doesn't then I guess he is just a dumb $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Perhaps Amash should be more like Rand. Work with Trump where he can and criticize where appropriate. Jumping on the progressive bandwagon of impeachment is dumb as $#@!. Amash should know better. And if he doesn't then I guess he is just a dumb $#@!.
    Or feels threatened? No one knows but him and God what Justin is going through.

We should pray for Justin and for all who are fighting for the rule of law.

May our Father in Heaven protect all those who fight for truth.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I'm quite sure a gig at Koch Industries would be a nice salary.
    Sure it would be if you were from a third-world nation.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Amash still going at it with the impeachment nonsense. Very disappointing. I was hoping he would cool it after the backlash.

I think this is only going to do irreparable damage to him within the GOP at a time when we need stronger leadership coming from the House Freedom caucus.
    And by "stronger leadership" you apparently mean toeing the party line.

I take it you see something wrong with hiring people from third-world nations?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    We have like what 2 Congressmen and a Senator. We can't afford to be losing seats like this.

We're gonna have to vote really hard in next year's elections to try and make up this loss.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Maybe we can convince @Matt Collins to run for Congress to replace Amash.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Maybe we can convince @Matt Collins to run for Congress to replace Amash.
    I think he wants Rand's seat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And by "stronger leadership" you apparently mean toeing the party line.
    It beats towing the MSM line.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I take it you see something wrong with hiring people from third-world nations?
    Yes, I see it wrong when there are citizens in this country, that are homeless and starving. I believe charity begins at home.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yes, I see it wrong when there are citizens in this country, that are homeless and starving. I believe charity begins at home.
    I know there are a number of homeless people in America, but generally these are not people who would be productive employees and just can't find jobs but rather people who have a mental illness or addition or some other circumstances that preclude them from being able to work.

And starving? Where'd you come up with that? Nobody in America is starving unless it's by choice, or again, as a result of some unusual circumstance that getting a job wouldn't help.

Finally, if you want to look at hiring people as a matter of charity (which seems dubious to me, but for the sake of argument lets run with it), then you should also recognize it as voluntary and not obligatory. If you wish to prioritize your charitable giving to one group of people over another, then by all means do that. But the priorities someone else has in their charitable giving aren't your concern. If someone is giving aid to starving people in another country, that's praiseworthy. There's no grounds for criticizing them just because they did a positively good thing for one person and not some other person.

I know there are a number of homeless people in America, but generally these are not people who would be productive employees and just can't find jobs but rather people who have a mental illness or addition or some other circumstances that preclude them from being able to work.

And starving? Where'd you come up with that? Nobody in America is starving unless it's by choice, or again, as a result of some unusual circumstance that getting a job wouldn't help.

Finally, if you want to look at hiring people as a matter of charity (which seems dubious to me, but for the sake of argument lets run with it), then you should also recognize it as voluntary and not obligatory. If you wish to prioritize your charitable giving to one group of people over another, then by all means do that. But the priorities someone else has in their charitable giving aren't your concern. If someone is giving aid to starving people in another country, that's praiseworthy. There's no grounds for criticizing them just because they did a positively good thing for one person and not some other person.
    Bubble...

Maybe this will help:

Stossel - Bad Laws Cause Homeless Crisis

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...omeless-Crisis

No, the government does not want to fix root problems; the government only does things to ensure its growth.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Mental illness is definitely a problem mainly on the left, but I digress. There are many people who are homeless or one paycheck away from being homeless that are starving. If we allowed charities (many Americans are charitable), instead of government, to help these people than we can kill two birds with one stone. Nevertheless, government has made that nearly impossible in some states--mainly the states that are being overrun with homeless people. Coincidentally, mostly run by Liberals.

I am not speaking of charity per se when it comes to hiring people, what I am saying (which you missed that point) is, that there are many people in this country that would like to work and yet these companies are hiring foreigners with little to no education to be trained and make wages for a lot less and makes the company a lot more.
    Last edited by donnay; 05-22-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Maybe this will help:

Stossel - Bad Laws Cause Homeless Crisis

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...omeless-Crisis

No, the government does not want to fix root problems; the government only does things to ensure its growth.
    Yes bad laws do hurt people, I think that goes without saying. Just look at the states that have the highest homeless rates, and you will see they are governed by liberals who would like nothing more than to blow out our economy and see more people on the streets to lord over them.

What is that supposed to mean? where did u get this idea that Koch industry is a bad place to work at? I would probably want to work there not because I am from a third world country but because they probably pay better than my current employer. What am I missing here?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes bad laws do hurt people, I think that goes without saying. Just look at the states that have the highest homeless rates, and you will see they are governed by liberals who would like nothing more than to blow out our economy and see more people on the streets to lord over them.
    Unsightly RV camp that has sprung up outside Google's HQ is threatened with closure

Residents of the expensive California neighborhood where Google has its global headquarters have voted to ban trailers from parking overnight on public streets after a camp of permanent residences has built up due to soaring housing costs.

The decision to get rid of the unsightly RVs came in a March city council vote after complaints of sewage spilling from the mobile homes and into the roads around the Googleplex campus.

Many in the meeting blamed the Google effect for forcing long-term residents out of their homes and in turn creating the housing crisis that has seen some get in trouble for discharging 'domestic sewage on the public right of way'.

But some making a home in the trailers – often with power generators attached to the back and blacked out dusty windows - are also contractors for the company who can't afford the high living costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Area-high.html

There are many people who are homeless or one paycheck away from being homeless that are starving.
    Starving? Not in America.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-22-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast