Thread: November Snow In Texas?

November Snow In Texas?

On Wednesday morning, the temperature in San Antonio plummeted to just 23 degrees, and that absolutely shattered the old record
    “This shatters the old record low of 28 degrees set back in 1916,” the National Weather Service tweeted of Wednesday’s weather. Tuesday night just before midnight, the city hit 28 degrees, breaking the previous record of 29 set in 1907, records show.
    Typically, November temperatures are significantly warmer. The average high for the month is about 71 degrees and the normal low is 51 degrees. San Antonio’s average low this year has been comparable to other years, but its average high, a cool 66.6 degrees, has been lower than normal.
    Over in Houston, things were even stranger. When Houston residents woke up on Wednesday morning, they were stunned to see snow on the ground
    An incredible sight danced over the cities glistening skyscrapers of Houston this morning and likely caused many to rub their eyes and shake their heads. No, it wasn’t your lying eyes but rather the earliest snowfall ever observed in the city of Houston and surrounding areas.
    It’s official, according to the National Weather Service, that Houston has recorded it’s earliest snowfall ever observed — and not just by a day or two but by 10 days! The previous earliest trace snow was November 23rd, 1979.
    It isn’t supposed to snow in mid-November in Texas.
    Louisiana got snow too. On Twitter, one resident of West Monroe posted a photo of snow blanketing his vehicle on Wednesday morning, and it quickly went viral.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ter-all-global
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It isn’t supposed to snow in mid-November in Texas.
    It regularly snows in Texas in mid-November. It's an unusual year it doesn't snow in Texas in mid-November.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

We must take action now, everyone needs to cough up money for climate change to Al Gore and his cronies!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Global warming, right?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

23 sounds pretty cold for San Antonio. I have been there this time of year when it is nearly 60 . If you give me money I will look into what may be done to combat the global cooling .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It regularly snows in Texas in mid-November. It's an unusual year it doesn't snow in Texas in mid-November.
    It’s official, according to the National Weather Service, that Houston has recorded it’s earliest snowfall ever observed — and not just by a day or two but by 10 days! The previous earliest trace snow was November 23rd, 1979.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Where is Al Gore Speaking? This always happens when he opens his mouth.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Where is Al Gore Speaking? This always happens when he opens his mouth.
    You would think that hot air would have the opposite effect.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You would think that hot air would have the opposite effect.
    Heat rises, and creates a vortex drawing in cooler air.

that's my best guess.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I always thought snow in Texas was just a myth.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That's as may be. But the top of the Texas Panhandle is about forty miles from Colorado.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.