Thread: DC - Vandal(s) destroy city speed cameras

Exclamation DC - Vandal(s) destroy city speed cameras

File under "About $#@!ing Time".

Vandals damage nearly one dozen District speed cameras

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.50a41982c14b

By Peter Hermann February 20 at 4:32 PM

D.C. police are searching for a vandal or vandals who broke 11 speed cameras in various parts of the District, most in Northeast Washington, according to the department.

Police said the discoveries were made between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday.

At one location along Kenilworth Avenue, near the Anacostia Freeway, a police report says an officer saw two cameras “that had been pushed over and the camera had been ripped off the wiring and from where it was mounted.”

The report says one of the cameras was stationed near the freeway and that “the wiring was ripped completely out and no camera was located.”

Police said in a statement that at least one person is being sought in the offenses, classified as destruction of property. “Investigators have since determined the damage was due to vandalism,” the statement says. A total damage estimate had not been completed on Tuesday.

The location of the damaged cameras are all in the 5th and 6th police districts, and including along DC. 295 near Eastern Avenue, Ridge Road in Southeast; Pennsylvania Avenue in Southeast; Fort Lincoln Drive in Northeast; Kenilworth Avenue in Northeast; and South Dakota Avenue in Northeast.

Speed cameras are located at or planned for more than 300 locations in the District. The District also has separate cameras to monitor red lights at many intersections.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL - One...one single pro camera comment.

Maybe there is hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - One...one single pro camera comment.

Maybe there is hope yet.
    Must be a hangover from the government shutdown.

They'll fill that comment section with trollery. Just give them a minute. Government may take until after the emergency is long over to get their act together and move in, but by God they'll take complete ownership of the scene of the crime--just as soon as it's safe for them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I’m sorry there is no hope.... Watching Fox now and Ben Swan (edited to correct name to Ben Stein)is on (he’s a pro gun guy you know, loves gun stores) pontificating how no one needs a AR15 or similar style “military” weapon for self defense or otherwise. Cavoto is salivating listening. And quote “this could be the beginning”.

Back to topic, good for the people taking a position on speed cameras but sorry, there is no hope....
    Last edited by sam1952; 02-24-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

I see this mostly happening in Europe, but do see an encouraging US story every once in awhile. A publication called https://www.thenewspaper.com collects the stories. These are incidents from January & February 2018 (so far):

France: Anti-Camera Protests Grow, Speed Cameras Disabled

...vigilantes in France use duct tape and paint to stop automated ticketing.

Vigilantes burned, blew up and painted speed cameras in Saudi Arabia, France and Italy last week [see website for story]

France, Italy: Speed Cameras Destroyed In Protest [see website for story]

Rhode Island, France, Italy: Speed Cameras Torched, Tarred

Belgium, China, France, UK: Speed Cameras Thwarted [see website for story]

New Mexico, France, Italy: Speed Cameras Taken Out In The New Year
    Vigilantes around the world ring in the new year with speed camera decorations and fire.

Anonymous Hacks Italian Speed Camera Database
    Hacker takes over the police email and database system in Correggio, Italy and deletes speed camera tickets. [see website for story]

For pre-2018 stories on this and other traffic issues, see here: https://www.thenewspaper.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The person or persons in D.C. did it right. Confiscation is good for the geese, so it's clearly good for the ganders too. Besides, the person or persons was most likely (a) taxpayer(s). So, he/she/they paid for those cameras, and might as well get some good out of them.

Spray paint and fires just cause unnecessary pollution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I’m sorry there is no hope.... Watching Fox now and Ben Swan is on (he’s a pro gun guy you know, loves gun stores) pontificating how no one needs a AR15 or similar style “military” weapon for self defense or otherwise. Cavoto is salivating listening. And quote “this could be the beginning”.

Back to topic, good for the people taking a position on speed cameras but sorry, there is no hope....
    Ben Swann is on Fox News speaking of how no one needs a AR15?

Eta: sam is referring to Ben Stein, the zionist whore for the state, not Ben Swann, the patriot truth teller
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-21-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Well he was, misspelled both their names, lol. Cavuto, Swann. Looked but didn’t see a video of it.. maybe later
    Edited to correct name to Ben Stein not Ben Swann
    Last edited by sam1952; 02-24-2018 at 04:40 PM.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    What a difference 4 years make:

Well he was, misspelled both their names, lol. Cavuto, Swann. Looked but didn’t see a video of it.. maybe later
    Ben Swann from Truth in Media/Reality Check?

Eta: sam is referring to Ben Stein, the zionist whore for the state, not Ben Swann, the patriot truth teller
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-21-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What a difference 4 years make:

Someone needs to find his Reality Check video on the 2nd Amendment if true.

Eta: sam is referring to Ben Stein, the zionist whore for the state, not Ben Swann, the patriot truth teller.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-21-2018 at 04:25 PM.

I’m sorry there is no hope.... Watching Fox now and Ben Swan is on (he’s a pro gun guy you know, loves gun stores) pontificating how no one needs a AR15 or similar style “military” weapon for self defense or otherwise. Cavoto is salivating listening. And quote “this could be the beginning”.

You mean Ben Stein?

There's a pretty big difference between Ben Stein and Ben Swann.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Lol at myself. That’s what I get for posting without thinking.... yes, of course it was Ben Stein... a senior moment ;(

Lol at myself. That’s what I get for posting without thinking.... yes, of course it was Ben Stein... a senior moment ;(
    You had me thinking someone body snatched Ben Swann lmao.

Goddamned anarchists.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.