Thread: Misdemeanors will now bar you from owning a gun

Exclamation Misdemeanors will now bar you from owning a gun

Gun Control On The Verge of Passing In The Senate

https://gunsinthenews.com/gun-contro...in-the-senate/

Guns In The News / October 6, 2021

Washington D.C. –-(Ammoland.com)- Congress is attempting to pass “red flag” gun confiscation orders and other gun control measures in the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA).

For years the gun measures have held up negotiations on the bill in the Senate, but it seems like Republicans are ready to cave in pass the bill with the gun control measures intact. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.), and Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) said that they see “a path forward” on the bill with the anti-gun provisions in place.

The bill has been one of the centerpieces of President Joe Biden’s anti-gun plan. On the day that Biden announced the David Chipman nomination for Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director, the president pushed Congress to pass the bill. He framed it as a way to protect women from abusers.

“I held over a thousand hours of hearings to pass the Violence Against Women Act… this has been a hobbyhorse of mine for a long time — got it done once,” Biden told the media during the Chipman announcement.

The bill would establish federal grants to fund firearm seizures from Americans. These grants would be given to states to support the stripping of firearms from the State’s citizens. The bill would also create another category of “red flag” laws that would expand gun confiscations to people convicted of just a misdemeanor.

The bill would also increase funding to prosecute National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) denials. The vast majority of denials are false positives. Roughly 95% of denials are false positives. The funding would burden tens of thousands of law-abiding American gun owners that the system falsely flagged as prohibited.

One of the most concerning parts of the bill is that it provides special appointments and deputations to carry out the gun control measures listed in the proposed law. Many gun-rights advocates see these special appointments as a way of building a new anti-gun force that will violate the firearms rights of Americans. They point out that nothing in the bill makes women safer.

There has been some push back on the bill by Senators Josh Hawley or (R-MO), Tom Cotton (R-AR), and John Cornyn (R-TX). None of the pushback from the Senators centers around the built-in gun control measures. The lack of pushback against the anti-gun efforts concerns many gun rights activists who hoped Republicans would reject the gun control in the bill.

During the hearings in the Senate, Democrats were confident that the bill would be passed with the anti-gun measures intact. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) was all smiles at the end of the hearing on VAWA. He believes that the bill will pass with a filibuster-proof majority. With no filibuster in the House of Representatives, the bill cannot be stopped in that chamber of Congress.

“I look forward to introducing the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act [Senate Compromise Bill] with Senators Ernst, and Feinstein, [and] many of our colleagues, quickly,” Durbin said at the end of the hearing. “We want to move on this. We need to get this bill to a president who is ANXIOUS to receive it as well and sign it into authorization.”

Concerned gun owners have time to encourage their Senators to vote against the VAWA, but time is limited. Right now, it looks like the VAWA has the votes to pass in the Senate with the gun control measures intact.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Someone I know (in Texas) got some bull$#@! misdemeanor charge that will just get thrown out if it ever gets to court (been 2 years).

To be released from jail, this person had to sign a waiver that prevents both 1) gun ownership, and 2) drinking alcohol.

So this isn't even a new thing...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-10-2022 at 04:49 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Am I the only person who thinks even felons shouldn't be barred from gun ownership, as it's a natural right and not a government-given privilege? Then again, am I also the only person who believes records shouldn't be kept indefinitely? I'm not talking about sealing records, I'm talking about not keeping fingerprints, DNA, and paper trails on everyone who has ever been accused of anything (convicted or not) in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks even felons shouldn't be barred from gun ownership, as it's a natural right and not a government-given privilege? Then again, am I also the only person who believes records shouldn't be kept indefinitely? I'm not talking about sealing records, I'm talking about not keeping fingerprints, DNA, and paper trails on everyone who has ever been accused of anything (convicted or not) in their lifetime.
    Not the only one.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I agree with you.

- ML

I'm in agreement too.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Am I the only person who thinks even felons shouldn't be barred from gun ownership.
    Nope
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No, I agree. Once a felon serves the punishment imposed on them for their crime, it should end.

Man.. Whoever introduced the idea of red flag concepts is really a piece of work. Whew! Keep them as far away from the legislative pen as possible!!! Amirite??
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Am I the only person who thinks even felons shouldn't be barred from gun ownership,
    No,,
    Been in that position for years.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Man.. Whoever introduced the idea of red flag concepts is really a piece of work. Whew! Keep them as far away from the legislative pen as possible!!! Amirite??
    They have been entrenched for some time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They have been entrenched for some time.
    I would wholeheartedly agree.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Gun Control On The Verge of Passing In The Senate
    Senate says what?

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1480211545179279361
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-10-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    3D printer go brrr ...
    I need one of those.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe violent felons shouldn't own guns, but I don't trust the government to determine who is and isn't a violent felon.
    DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing2nd Amendment shirts. "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Someone I know (in Texas) got some bull$#@! misdemeanor charge that will just get thrown out if it ever gets to court (been 2 years).

To be released from jail, this person had to sign a waiver that prevents both 1) gun ownership, and 2) drinking alcohol.

So this isn't even a new thing...
    Do something Danke

Everyone should be able to purchase whatever to defend themselves
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Everyone should be able to purchase whatever to defend themselves
    Them: So just how libertarian are you?
    Me:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

BTW

You don't even need a Misdemeanor.

someone files a restraining order and you can lose them.
    without Trial.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The only people who should be banned from owning guns, are those who support banning people from owning guns.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

The only people who should be banned from owning guns, are those who support banning people from owning guns.
    Describes most of our politicians. They should also not be allowed to have their bodyguards armed and see how long they last.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

BTW

You don't even need a Misdemeanor.

someone files a restraining order and you can lose them.
    without Trial.
    "Shall not be infringed, except upon the arbitrary declaration of another"
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Shall not be infringed, except upon the arbitrary declaration of another"
    I am Infringed.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I am Infringed.
    As are we all, to varying degrees.

On the bright side, I believe felons are allowed to own 80% lowers and drill presses, to be manufactured at a later date when officially out of $#@!s.
    - Kim Kardashian

As are we all, to varying degrees.

On the bright side, I believe felons are allowed to own 80% lowers and drill presses, to be manufactured at a later date when officially out of $#@!s.
    I believe I am an accomplished Fabricator,,that can build a mechanism to fire any ammunition I may have available..

or a Cannon if I don't.

Looking at "Directed Energy" in my old age. never stop learning.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I believe I am an accomplished Fabricator,,that can build a mechanism to fire any ammunition I may have available..

or a Cannon if I don't.

Looking at "Directed Energy" in my old age. never stop learning.
    It's about half the muzzle energy of 22 LR but I have high hopes for the technology

https://arcflashlabs.com/product/gr-1-anvil/
    - Kim Kardashian