Thread: Solving the World's Problems: 08 Jan 2022, Charlotte, NC

Solving the World's Problems: 08 Jan 2022, Charlotte, NC

My adventures take me back to the town that I (and @Danke; probably) call CLT. I should be free in the early afternoon and I'll be spending the night in the area, so if anyone else is available, let's get together and solve the world's problems.

ETA:

My plan in the absence of any meetup, will be to hit a brewpub around 1-2pm, find a park to spend the later part of the afternoon, then find a place for dinner around sunset. After dinner, turn in.

The meetup version depends on who's available and when. I'm somewhat committed to the early afternoon beer, but it doesn't need to be at a brewpub. So for any interested parties, let me know when you are available and what you'd like to do, and we can come up with a meetup plan together. Could be an hour or two, or the full afternoon/evening. Could be two or three meetups! When we see who's in, we can figure out what's the most convenient for everyone.

If you'd rather PM the hashing out of logistics, I'm ok with that too.
    Last edited by cjm; 12-12-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep me posted. We can at least grab a drink.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Nah just let the World Economic Forum solve the world's problems for us. I'm confident they wouldn't steer us in the wrong direction.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I could meet up in CLT (airline brat here) keep me posted too....

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I just updated the OP with my solo plan which could be a starting point for a group plan, but I'm really open to anything.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Bump. I'm ready for a drink.

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Bump. I'm ready for a drink.
    You and me both brother, you and me both.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Happy New Year bump. Looking forward to a liberty beer to kick off 2022.

H.L. Mencken

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Hey WP, I tried to update you on this weekend via PM but your inbox is full.

H.L. Mencken

Beer solves problems?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Beer solves problems?
    Solves some, creates others. The medicine or the poison is in the dose.

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Solves some, creates others. The medicine or the poison is in the dose.
    I was going to say that it's a double edge sword. A newbie should be careful until they attain the wisdom and mastery that I have acquired.