Thread: Benefit from Coconut!

Benefit from Coconut!

Most of us have heard about the benefits of hemp foods and other natural powerhouses, but one tropical food really sticks out... coconut. Coconut products have received a bad rap in the past due to hydrogenation; however, organic whole coconut is pure and unaltered. Further, while coconut is high in saturated fat, it is in the form of medium chain triglycerides which do not adversely affect blood lipids.

Coconut is incredibly good for the brain and may actually reduce symptoms associated with dementia such as Alzheimers.

Coconut is also:

• Antifungal
    • Anti-parasitic
    • Hair care
    • Immune supportive
    • Cardiovascular supportive
    • Energy
    • Anti-inflammatory

http://www.naturalnews.com/036156_Co...d_healing.html
    http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/
    Last edited by AFPVet; 01-07-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doc says I'm "severely lactose intolerant"... I use coconut oil anyplace one would use butter.
    Last edited by presence; 01-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Doc says I'm "severely lactose intolerant"... I use coconut oil anyplace one would use butter.
    It works as a great replacement for sure! I love the taste too I bought Nutiva's Coconut Manna the other day... nummy!

I cannot say enough good things about coconut! I use it for many things. One thing is straight coconut oil on the skin--especially during the winter when the skin tends to get drier quicker.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I use coconut oil, drink coconut water, and cook with coconut milk. I love coconuts.

And how many nutritious foods can so readily be used as clothing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	How-to-make-a-coconut-bra.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	1698
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Coconut oil may also increase Ketones in the body. Some studies suggest this is a good dietary supplement against things such as Alzheimers

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surpr...il?page=2#copy
    Last edited by Todd; 01-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Chester Copperpot

I recently bought some coconut oil.. Costco sells 3lbs for $15.99.. thats quite a bargain..

The problem is I cant stand the taste of coconut..I literally gag on it and it makes me want to vomit...

So once again, Im giving away the coconut oil I bought...

I thought maybe if I cooked with it like butter it would hide the taste a little.. nope.. at least not when cookie egg whites it didnt.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm doing the Paleo stuff... I would die without coconut oil AND coconut milk.... mmmm full fat coconut milk smoothie in the morning... best ever... GROK ON!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    I recently bought some coconut oil.. Costco sells 3lbs for $15.99.. thats quite a bargain..

The problem is I cant stand the taste of coconut..I literally gag on it and it makes me want to vomit...

So once again, Im giving away the coconut oil I bought...

I thought maybe if I cooked with it like butter it would hide the taste a little.. nope.. at least not when cookie egg whites it didnt.
    Hmmmm. . . I don't notice any coconut taste in my coconut oil. You might try a different brand. I buy from Tropical Traditions
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Hmmmm. . . I don't notice any coconut taste in my coconut oil. You might try a different brand. I buy from Tropical Traditions

ill look for it.. thanks

I miss my Coconuts,, and Key lime,,and bananas ,,,
    I just can't get them to grow here. (bring on Global warming)

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I miss my Coconuts,, and Key lime,,and bananas ,,,
    I just can't get then to grow here. (bring on Global warming)

Oh, what I would give for real key-lime pie.

Refined coconut oil is not supposed to have a coconut flavor:

Refined Coconut Oil

A refined coconut oil is usually rather tasteless and odorless. Because it has been refined, it can usually withstand slightly higher cooking temperatures before reaching its smoke point. Refined coconut oils are excellent for cooking foods where you need lots of clean, pure, malleable fat without a dominating coconut flavor. (Think pie crusts or french fries.) Refined coconut oils do not offer the same health benefits of a virgin, completely raw coconut oil, but they are still excellent sources of most of the beneficial fatty acids (like MCTs). As a given, almost all the coconut oils available in your grocery store or vitamin store are refined unless they specifically say otherwise on their label.

Things to watch out for: not all refined coconut oils are alike! Most are refined using a chemical distillation process dependent on lye or other harsh solvents, or they’re made from the rancid oil byproducts leftover from creating dessicated (dry) coconut flakes. Sadly, these are refined, bleached, and deodorized in an effort to create a palatable product that can be sold to consumers. Many coconut oils are even hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated! (Avoid these at all costs as the hydrogenation process creates synthetic trans-fats.) However, there are some quality, non-hydrogenated refined coconut oils available that are refined using a natural, chemical-free cleaning process (usually involving steam and/or diatomaceous earth).

http://www.foodrenegade.com/how-to-c...d-coconut-oil/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Refined coconut oil is not supposed to have a coconut flavor:
    Interesting. I buy expeller-pressed coconut oil from Tropical Traditions. They call it refined and I notice no coconut taste. They also sell "virgin" coconut oil that they say retains coconut flavor. I really wasn't paying much attention to the difference. But maybe I will try the virgin and see how I like it.

The Coconut Manna by Nutiva is whole coconut that includes both the oil and the flesh but retains all of the flavor. It's quite good.

Update: I found out that the part of the Coconut Manna that I liked was the oil that settled and solidified at the top lol. I will be buying their oil from now on since that's nom nom nom lol.
    Last edited by AFPVet; 01-10-2013 at 03:10 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of this coconut talk has me wanting to eat a fresh one. Maybe I will grab one at the market on the way home!

I notice taste in my coconut oil, some has more than others but I think if you get refined coconut oil it isn't as healthy, but you still get the good fats and the coconut taste dissipates.

I would also try mixing coconut oil with olive oil and see if that mellows out the flavor.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

ill look for it.. thanks
    Look for virgin/unrefined for baking and buttering. The refined oil has little taste and is better suited for higher temps.

My two favorite brands are nutiva and spectrum; both organic, virgin, unrefined. Nutiva is the deal in plastic, spectrum isn't too much more in glass.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

All of this coconut talk has me wanting to eat a fresh one. Maybe I will grab one at the market on the way home!
    It had my mind going in a different direction.
    The smell of coconut oil in the air,

And Lisa just got home from work,, and had a coconut.
    I just cracked one.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That was bizarre.. and God is Good.

Talking about coconuts had me missing the Keys. and my own coconut trees.
    Then Lisa (evil red-haired stepdaughter) came home from Walmart with a coconut.
    She needed it busted open.

Cool.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

[QUOTE=Mike Mitrosky;4811593]

QUOTE]

Mike, I use extra virgin coconut oil. I use it as a steak (or other meat) sause. Combine it w honey and tumerac or cumin in a heated state and it tastes good, as least to me anyway.