Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump at CPAC: Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk... lol

Trump at CPAC: Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk... lol

Trump at CPAC: Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk

President Donald Trump stressed during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) that the Democrats’ myriad gun control plans will not make all come to an end once they reach his desk.

I'm assuming that this is damage control re: the BumpStockTrump ban.

Try and get some of the 2A people back on board.

Dude is a joke.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you were a constitutional scholar, you would know that bump stocks are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

Weapons that are designed to kill animals, e.g. traditional hunting rifles, are protected by the 2nd amendment.

Weapons that would be useful in warfare, e.g automatic weapons, explosives, SBR's, grenades, and anything else designed for killing people, are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

The Supreme Court calls this the "hunting doctrine". If a weapon is designed for killing deer then it's protected by the 2nd amendment. If its designed for killing people then its not protected and should almost always be illegal.

This is basically constitutional law 101. There is however still some debate among Supreme Court justices on whether or not the 2nd amendment also protects Olympic sport shooting rifles. Some agree with Clarence Thomas that any sport shooting - including clay target shooting - are also protected by the 2A as long as the sport's rules are "well-regulated". But that's an ongoing debate that isn't likely to be settled any time soon.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 03-11-2019 at 04:45 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Trump at CPAC: Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk

I'm assuming that this is damage control re: the BumpStockTrump ban.

Try and get some of the 2A people back on board.

Dude is a joke.

Dude, are you guys still bitching about that old Trumpstock ban? He's playing 2a chess with Hillary (your bff). He had to ban them to protect them.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If you were a constitutional scholar, you would know that bump stocks are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

Weapons that are designed to kill animals, e.g. traditional hunting rifles, are protected by the 2nd amendment.

Weapons that would be useful in warfare, e.g automatic weapons, explosives, SBR's, grenades, and anything else designed for killing people, are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

The Supreme Court calls this the "hunting doctrine". If a weapon is designed for killing deer then it's protected by the 2nd amendment. If its designed for killing people then its not protected and should almost always be illegal.

This is basically constitutional law 101. There is however still some debate among Supreme Court justices on whether or not the 2nd amendment also protects Olympic sport shooting rifles. Some agree with Clarence Thomas that any sport shooting - including clay target shooting - are also protected by the 2A as long as the sport's rules are "well-regulated". But that's an ongoing debate that isn't likely to be settled any time soon.
    +Rep. Only thing I would add is you have to be careful with fake experts. Make sure it's an eminent constitutional scholar like Mark Levin, not some Soros funded crackpot like Napolitano. People here have a bad habit of posting Janet Napolitano videos. Mark Levin is twice the RonPaulForums as Napolitano.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 03-11-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Trump means it too. He is very serious about making sure that gun control is bipartisan and Democrats don't get all the credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    +Rep. Only thing I would add is you have to be careful with fake experts. Make sure it's an eminent constitutional scholar like Mark Levin, not some Soros funded crackpot like Napolitano. People here have a bad habit of posting Janet Napolitano videos. Mark Levin is twice the RonPaulForums as Napolitano.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Rebel Poet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Rebel Poet again.
    I “2nd” that, and one for you too.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Dude, are you guys still bitching about that old Trumpstock ban? He's playing 2a chess with Hillary (your bff). He had to ban them to protect them.
    Not just 3d chess, he has to do just enough deep state favors in order to keep their assassins at bay. You don't want him to end up like JFK before the real change starts to happen

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

What if I only use grenades and small 105 artillery pc.'s to hunt with ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not just 3d chess, he has to do just enough deep state favors in order to keep their assassins at bay. You don't want him to end up like JFK before the real change starts to happen
    Said nobody ever.

This was about the anti-gun leftist mobs led by Hogg.

Also, seems to be a big savings to anybody who wanted a $200 bumpstock.. even if they remain legal, which I believe they will, what they learned is that they can save all that money and just buy a rubber band.

Not sure how saving money hurts gun owners.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If you are a Constitutional Revisionist, you side with Weapons
    rights being narrowly defined as that which is designed for the use of hunting.
    If you are a constitutionalist you already and still know that the right to bear arm is about
    the right to self protection, protection against the 'State' , foreign invasion and a means
    to insure the 1st amendment doesn't fall right behind the 2nd.
    ''The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.''
    Until Military and Law enforcement turn in their weapons, 'gun control' should be off the table.

Democide only occurs after weapons are registered and confiscated.
    Governments are millions of times more effective at killing civilians than
    civilians themselves, governments have a very long history of bearing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Said nobody ever.

This was about the anti-gun leftist mobs led by Hogg.

Also, seems to be a big savings to anybody who wanted a $200 bumpstock.. even if they remain legal, which I believe they will, what they learned is that they can save all that money and just buy a rubber band.

Not sure how saving money hurts gun owners.
    Bump stocks are impractical. But that's irrelevant, and up to individual gun owners to decide for themselves. It's none of the government's business.

Hogg is also irrelevant. The anti-gun leftist we need to be worried about is the one in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    If you are a Constitutional Revisionist, you side with Weapons
    rights being narrowly defined as that which is designed for the use of hunting.
    If you are a constitutionalist you already and still know that the right to bear arm is about
    the right to self protection, protection against the 'State' , foreign invasion and a means
    to insure the 1st amendment doesn't fall right behind the 2nd.
    ''The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.''
    Until Military and Law enforcement turn in their weapons, 'gun control' should be off the table.

Democide only occurs after weapons are registered and confiscated.
    Governments are millions of times more effective at killing civilians than
    civilians themselves, governments have a very long history of bearing this out.
    You are right about this.

But aren't you the same person who supported government regulation of suppressors in another thread?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Got to give the police immediate access to taking those guns away.

Really into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

You are right about this.

But aren't you the same person who supported government regulation of suppressors in another thread?
    100%

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump stocks are impractical. But that's irrelevant, and up to individual gun owners to decide for themselves. It's none of the government's business.

Hogg is also irrelevant. The anti-gun leftist we need to be worried about is the one in the White House.
    About the first part, in principal you are correct.

Strategically you are wrong.

About the second part, you are wrong. Trump doesn't want to take the guns. Quite the opposite. Lunatic leftists want to take the guns. That's an important lesson you will need to learn, and soon.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump doesn't want to take the guns...Lunatic leftists want to take the guns.
    Notice how you just contradicted yourself. Either lunatic leftists like Trump want to take guns, or they don't.

Notice how you just contradicted yourself. Either lunatic leftists like Trump want to take guns, or they don't.
    Trump is neither a lunatic nor a leftist.

Trump is neither a lunatic nor a leftist.
    He is both, on steroids.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 03-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.

''Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk''

I hope this doesn't mean he'll 'sign' it on Nancy's desk.

Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk
    So, I'll assume that when Lindsey Graham puts his stamp of approval on it, it will be "OK"?

Lindsey Graham: Democrats, GOP Can ‘Come Together’ for Gun Confiscation Law
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Democrat Gun Control Will Not Get Past My Desk
    But Republican/NRA gun control is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, I'll assume that when Lindsey Graham puts his stamp of approval on it, it will be "OK"?

Lindsey Graham: Democrats, GOP Can ‘Come Together’ for Gun Confiscation Law

Yep, pretty much. And there's likely to be plenty of that Republican endorsed gun control coming down the pike.

The Republican Blowhard in Chief opened his big fat mouth and came out in favor of various egregious gc measures. Quite predictably and right on cue (thanks to the cover Trump provided) the NRA threw their support behind gun control, as they've done many times in the past. These in rapid succession accomplished 2 very dangerous results:

1. It cut the legs out from under 2nd Amendment activists, stealing the initiative they fought so hard to win and have been enjoying for about 20 years now, and giving it for free to the gun grabbers. And

2. Signaled to Republicans nationwide that it's now ok for them to support gun control again. And they will. This same scenario has played out several times in the past, always resulting in significant numbers of Republicans betraying us on gun issues, often ones with very high ratings fron NRA.

But hey, Trump's got this. Nothing to be concerned about. Just buy a $#@!ing rubber band.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What if I only use grenades and small 105 artillery pc.'s to hunt with ?
    You can check with your local fish & wildlife service. Let them know you'd like to hunt with your tribe's traditional weapons
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

MARCH 11, 2019 5:50AM
    Bump Stock Ban Bumps Up Against the Constitution

The new rule, making felons of an unknowable number of Americans, was set to take effect March 21. To prevent this, a group of Second Amendment organizations filed a lawsuit in federal court. They sought a preliminary injunction to stop the government from enforcing the new rule, but were denied. Because the effective date is so close, the appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit was expedited. Cato filed a brief addressing issues that no other amicus discusses: that the executive branch cannot use the administrative process to accomplish legislative goals that Congress declined to enact.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bump-stock...t-constitution

I just want to remind everybody that I am on record, from the beginning, saying that Trump purposely made a move that he knew the courts would knock down in order to throw cold water on the anti-gun nuts.

You can squawk all you want, but it looks like I am going to be correct. Again.

I just want to remind everybody that I am on record, from the beginning, saying that Trump purposely made a move that he knew the courts would knock down in order to throw cold water on the anti-gun nuts.

You can squawk all you want, but it looks like I am going to be correct. Again.

Because Cato filed an amicus brief? Really? You can't possibly be that hopelessly naive.

Educate yourself on this issue and its history or STFU. You're opinion is less than worthless as is.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I'm hearing rumors that Lindsey Graham is taking up gun confiscation laws as bipartisan legislation and that he said Trump has given him his support.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Because Cato filed an amicus brief? Really? You can't possibly be that hopelessly naive.

Educate yourself on this issue and its history or STFU. You're opinion is less than worthless as is.
    Keep squawking, we'll see how it turns out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast