Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash is at it again

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Did you watch the Doug Wead video?
    No.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump only became a political meme because the DNC put his campaign on the map with their pied piper strategy, they thought he would be the best person to run against, they even paid Russian trolls to support Trump so they could say that he is a puppet of Russia.
    Trump also had a meeting with the Clintons before he declared his candidacy. I've often thought that the plan was to get one of them as president & it didn't matter if it was Trump or Hillary.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trump also had a meeting with the Clintons before he declared his candidacy. I've often thought that the plan was to get one of them as president & it didn't matter if it was Trump or Hillary.

What does it have to do with Trump?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm pretty sure you thought the plan was for Trump to lose to Hillary, you just changed what you thought after you found out you were wrong.

It might be worth listening to somebody who was right.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm pretty sure you thought the plan was for Trump to lose to Hillary, you just changed what you thought after you found out you were wrong.
    Can you link to the post where he said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Can you link to the post where he said that?
    No. That was the sentiment of about 60% of the forum (including some who have subsequently warmed to him), and including most of his allies at the time. Not totally unreasonable to say "I'm pretty sure you thought" based on that. We'll see what Ender says.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No.
    Of course you can't.

No. That was the sentiment of about 60% of the forum (including some who have subsequently warmed to him), and including most of his allies at the time. Not totally unreasonable to say "I'm pretty sure you thought" based on that. We'll see what Ender says.
    I thought that he couldn't beat Clinton based on the polling and Trumps own 2012 post mortem, Trump wasn't supposed to win though we found that out because of the "insurance policy"

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Of course you can't.
    I didn't say I couldn't, I said I won't. We'll see what Ender says. They are allgedly a person of God, so they probably won't lie.

Are you saying that I said something differently because I said reason and you said excuse?
    You said Manning was being accused of being complicit in Assange's crimes when it's Assange being accused of being complicit in Manning's crimes. Huge difference.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And yet you'll forgive Trump for pushing for the extradition of Julian Assange, the re-imprisonment of Chelsea Manning and calling for the execution of Edward Snowden.
    Who said I forgive him for those things?
    I have never defended him for them and I have said over and over that he is the LEAST of all possible goods and that I would support a better option if one came along.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Actions speak louder than words. He's not in every pro Trump thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Trump the way he is in this pro Amash thread pointing out what he doesn't like about Amash.
    I don't go around pointing out all the things I don't like about Amash and I do criticize Trump for things he does that I don't like, I just don't have time to criticize all the things he does that I don't like.

The treasonous coup is one of the most important issues of our time and Amash is embarrassingly wrong about it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its possible that the reason for arresting her is that she was complicit in the crimes that they extradited Assange on. I don't know if this is true but I think they have to charge Assange to have a reason to extradite him here, and that he can't pardon Assange unless he is charged with a crime. Its still a lot more probable that he would be dead if Clinton won. Even Rand couldn't publicly say that he would pardon Snowden but most of us understood the politics of the issue was too charged to speak out about, he said that Clapper should be in jail with him.
    I don't "give Trump a pass" on Assange yet but you are right, the UK would send Assange to Sweden for the revived rape charges if Trump pardoned him now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It might be worth listening to somebody who was right.
    I saw the "plan" as not mattering who won- as there was no real difference in either. As I said a billion times: horse dung vs cow dung- both are $#@!.

As things progressed, it actually looked to me like the 2 of them were on the same team & that it really didn't matter who won. Either way, Hitlery would be not be indicted for the computer BS, and Trump's ego would be pampered. I have also thought that the whole Russia thing was a possible ruse- on both sides- and was carried on to take everyone's eye off the mark.
    There is no spoon.

No. But you are being purposefully stupid. Again, Manning is not being charged with being complicit in Assange's crimes. Assange is being charged with being complicit in Manning's crimes. This is what you said moron.

Its possible that the reason for arresting her is that she was complicit in the crimes that they extradited Assange on

So no. That's not possible. Again the crime was done by Manning. Assange is the one being charged with complicity. Got it now or do I have to break it down to a second grade level?
    The new actions against Manning are because he won't testify against Assange.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You said Manning was being accused of being complicit in Assange's crimes when it's Assange being accused of being complicit in Manning's crimes. Huge difference.
    I guess I would be a bad lawyer I thought the word meant that both parties participated in the crime for example bank robbery with Bonnie and Clyde who did the crime both parties participated.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The new actions against Manning are because he won't testify against Assange.
    Yes. But they wanted Manning to testify to what? They wanted to her to testify that Assange was complicit in her crime. The trumped up lie (no pun intended) is that Assange was complicit by giving Manning assistance in cracking a password. So Manning already served time for a "crime", Assange was being charged with complicity in Manning's crime, they wanted Manning to testilie about that, Manning refused to lie, Manning got sent back to prison.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't go around pointing out all the things I don't like about Amash and I do criticize Trump for things he does that I don't like, I just don't have time to criticize all the things he does that I don't like.

The treasonous coup is one of the most important issues of our time and Amash is embarrassingly wrong about it.
    Except in this case you brought up NSA spying on Trump as a reason to be against Amash when Trump supports NSA spying. That's a bit hypocritical.

Yes, we can all see you're very pressed for time.
    "The Patriarch"

I guess I would be a bad lawyer I thought the word meant that both parties participated in the crime for example bank robbery with Bonnie and Clyde who did the crime both parties participated.
    Okay. Let's go with the two bank robber analogy. Let's say one bank robber Billybob, got arrested, convicted, served his sentence and was released. The other bank robber, Lukeduke, got away. A third associate, Jimbob, wasn't involved at all. Normally Billybob couldn't be tried again for the same bank robbery. That would be double jeopardy. But say if the government said "Hey, we think Jimbob was involved and we want you to testify against him." If Billybob say "No way. He wasn't even in the country. I'm not going to lie." and the government said "If you don't we'll put you in jail for contempt of court." Because Billybob has already served his time for the bank robbery, the only legal jeopardy he has is for his refusal to testify.

Now, consider the case of Dr. Jerome Corsi and Donald Trump. Dr. Corsi was never charged with any crime, but he was in legal jeopardy for refusing to testilie about Trump. It's a double edged sword. If he refused to testify, they would get him for contempt of court. If he didn't say what they wanted, they would have accused him of lying to federal investigators, which is what they got Michael Flynn on. Manning is in exactly the same position as Corsi.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay. Let's go with the two bank robber analogy. Let's say one bank robber Billybob, got arrested, convicted, served his sentence and was released. The other bank robber, Lukeduke, got away. A third associate, Jimbob, wasn't involved at all. Normally Billybob couldn't be tried again for the same bank robbery. That would be double jeopardy. But say if the government said "Hey, we think Jimbob was involved and we want you to testify against him." If Billybob say "No way. He wasn't even in the country. I'm not going to lie." and the government said "If you don't we'll put you in jail for contempt of court." Because Billybob has already served his time for the bank robbery, the only legal jeopardy he has is for his refusal to testify.

Now, consider the case of Dr. Jerome Corsi and Donald Trump. Dr. Corsi was never charged with any crime, but he was in legal jeopardy for refusing to testilie about Trump. It's a double edged sword. If he refused to testify, they would get him for contempt of court. If he didn't say what they wanted, they would have accused him of lying to federal investigators, which is what they got Michael Flynn on. Manning is in exactly the same position as Corsi.
    I already implied you were right, you don't have to make me feel even more stupid.

I already implied you were right, you don't have to make me feel even more stupid.
    Sorry. Not my intent this time.

Yes. But they wanted Manning to testify to what? They wanted to her to testify that Assange was complicit in her crime. The trumped up lie (no pun intended) is that Assange was complicit by giving Manning assistance in cracking a password. So Manning already served time for a "crime", Assange was being charged with complicity in Manning's crime, they wanted Manning to testilie about that, Manning refused to lie, Manning got sent back to prison.
    So Manning is being attacked for "complicity in Assanges complicity in Manning's crimes".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I get complaints that I post too much and now I get complaints that I don't post enough?

Swordsmyth Derangement Syndrome.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So Manning is being attacked for "complicity in Assanges complicity in Manning's crimes".
    LOL.

Except in this case you brought up NSA spying on Trump as a reason to be against Amash when Trump supports NSA spying. That's a bit hypocritical.
    How?
    I oppose the NSA and the CIA and the FBI and the rest of the intelligence community illegally spying on anyone, I'm not Trump and I'm not responsible for his actions.
    Amash supports the illegal investigation and wants to help it succeed by twisting the facts to support impeachment because Trump is the target, that's hypocritical.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How?
    I oppose the NSA and the CIA and the FBI and the rest of the intelligence community illegally spying on anyone, I'm not Trump and I'm not responsible for his actions.
    Amash supports the illegal investigation and wants to help it succeed by twisting the facts to support impeachment because Trump is the target, that's hypocritical.
    What I said stands on its on. Someone posted something positive about Amash and you criticized him for something you did not criticize Trump for in this thread. And if Amash thinks the illegal investigation turned up something impeachable then the illegal investigation can be dealt with separately. Again, if an illegal investigation found credible evidence of Trump having child porn it wouldn't matter to me that the investigation was illegal. I'd still want him impeached. This isn't a criminal matter where "fruit from a poisonous tree" isn't allowed in court. Impeachment is political. But again, I don't think Trump did anything that I would impeach him for doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I get complaints that I post too much and now I get complaints that I don't post enough?

Swordsmyth Derangement Syndrome.
    Your sarcasm meter be broken.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast