Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghan refugee wins New Hampshire statehouse primary

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm curious. Do you think it's possible for a Muslim immigrant to win a republican primary regardless of his/her platform? If the answer to that question is no than how is this not a self fulfilling prophecy?
    Who cares? She shouldn't be here at all.

I guess the "injuns" are saying the same thing. (Except they didn't have anything to do with screwing up Europe).
    Who cares? they lost, they won't be getting control of the land back, we can still keep control if we don't give it away to people who want to destroy us.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you think the only kind of immigration enforcement is border enforcement? I really am dealing with a lack of intelligence here. Okay. Here's another non-border and non-police state enforcement that I support. Check citizenship before doling out any welfare benefits state or federal. I'm sure you could think of some more if you tried hard enough.
    I thought we wanted to get rid of welfare and citizenship checks for employment and all those other things that intrude government into our lives.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Who cares? She shouldn't be here at all.
    A) I wasn't even talking to you.

B) She came here LEGALLY so your "border enforcement" means nothing in this case.

Who cares? they lost, they won't be getting control of the land back, we can still keep control if we don't give it away to people who want to destroy us.
    If you don't care quit bringing them up.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I thought we wanted to get rid of welfare and citizenship checks for employment and all those other things that intrude government into our lives.
    We do want to get rid of welfare. What's your point? Don't screen for citizenship while welfare still exists? Is that your position?
    @phil4paul that's how you ask a question. You use question marks.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You are the one that brought up race Mr. Racist. You are the one that said the "injuns" as a race didn't control their borders. Now common sense says they didn't have gunpowder.
    Nah, not quite.

The deadliest conflict on North American soil, that there are records of anyway, and in terms of population killed as a ratio, was King Phillips' War from 1675 to 1678.

An Indian/European conflict that arose, among other reasons, over the British demanding that the native Wampanoag peoples turn over their arms and powder.

King Phillip with his rifle.

You, the obvious racist, contradicted yourself by first calling them "primitive" and then as an afterthought coming up with a non primitive solution. So how exactly is this "primitive" culture going to keep up with the assimilation statistics and decide when to make the cutoff?
    They were primitive and so were the whites in many ways, that is a fact and it has nothing to do with race Mr. Racist.
    They could play it by ear, if there were too many whites to suit them they would stop accepting any more or even throw some out.

You initially brought race into the picture and first played the race card Mr. Racist. Must make you feel good. Are you on Jesse Jackson's payroll?
    I never brought race into the picture, I simply discussed groups that actually existed, you are the one who kept assuming race played a part in what I said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We do want to get rid of welfare. What's your point? Don't screen for citizenship while welfare still exists? Is that your position?
    @phil4paul that's how you ask a question. You use question marks.
    In the short term I would screen for citizenship but we were never discussing the short term, we were discussing what aught to be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I already told you I have no problem with property patrols but I am against killing. I don't think it was right for the Texas man who killed a prostitute because she took his money and didn't give him sex and I am against killing someone because they walk across your lawn or field or whatever. But I guess to you that is "liberal." If you want to shot at someone with rock salt or bean bags I don't care. Your buddy @Swordsmyth is against the wall. Do you support it? Just curious.
    If a rancher had a fence, a "wall," and multiple signs every 25 feet that read, in many languages, and even sign language, (get it? "sign language," that's some funny $#@! right there.) "trespassers will be shot on sight" you think it is only ok if he uses bean bags or rock salt. Is that correct. I'd hate to offend your sensibilities again. Just asking. ?????????????????????????/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A) I wasn't even talking to you.
    Tough cookies

B) She came here LEGALLY so your "border enforcement" means nothing in this case.
    That is where reduced immigration comes in.

If you don't care quit bringing them up.
    I care about avoiding their fate not about what they might say about sending me "back" to Europe now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nah, not quite.

The deadliest conflict on North American soil, that there are records of anyway, and in terms of population killed as a ratio, was King Phillips' War from 1675 to 1678.

An Indian/European conflict that arose, among other reasons, over the British demanding that the native Wampanoag peoples turn over their arms and powder.

King Phillip with his rifle.

Thanks for the history lesson. I will have to read up on King Phillip. Anyway, don't take blankets from immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No, Im right. And you're a fool.
    You are the defeatist fool, you not only have given up but you seek to hobble those who have not.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm curious. Do you think it's possible for a Muslim immigrant to win a republican primary regardless of his/her platform? If the answer to that question is no than how is this not a self fulfilling prophecy?
    I dunno.

I know a black man, who I will vote for in the upcoming, won a Republican primary in lily white NH.

Google Eddie Edwards.

Only reason I didn't support him in the primary is because Sanborn is a Ron Paul guy and Edwards was a cop.

Even more of a shame is the Libertarian running in my district, Dan Belforti, is a buddy of mine who we all had drinks together with Harry Browne.

But I am not prepared to be represented in any way by Edwards opposition.

So, there it is...

This whole issue wouldn't exist if we weren't emulating Rome. Until that stops, none of this stops.
    "The Patriarch"

I already told you I have no problem with property patrols but I am against killing. I don't think it was right for the Texas man who killed a prostitute because she took his money and didn't give him sex and I am against killing someone because they walk across your lawn or field or whatever. But I guess to you that is "liberal." If you want to shot at someone with rock salt or bean bags I don't care. Your buddy @Swordsmyth is against the wall. Do you support it? Just curious.
    And to answer your question. Apologies for not including it in my last post. I do not support a physical wall. I support an electronic surveillance wall, backed by a rapid response team of National Guard or Stat militia teams.

In the short term I would screen for citizenship but we were never discussing the short term, we were discussing what aught to be.
    Well I think what ought to be is that benefits for citizenship, whatever we think those benefits should be, should be restricted to citizens. That's short term, long term, any term. If a state wants to not have welfare but have free public school that should be restricted to citizens. I'm not sure why that should be a "short term" thing. There will always be people coming to this country. You have called for reduced immigration but you didn't say no immigration or even visitors at all. Or is that your long term position?

Did southerners who went north after the civil war destroy it? Maybe that's not a good question.
    Southerners didn't go North, they went west, Yankees went south and destroyed the place as much again or more than they did during the war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are the defeatist fool, you not only have given up but you seek to hobble those who have not.
    Well, get on with your bad self.
    "The Patriarch"

I dunno.

I know a black man, who I will vote for in the upcoming, won a Republican primary in lily white NH.

Google Eddie Edwards.

Only reason I didn't support him in the primary is because Sanborn is a Ron Paul guy and Edwards was a cop.

Even more of a shame is the Libertarian running in my district, Dan Belforti, is a buddy of mine who we all had drinks together with Harry Browne.

So, there it is...
    In 2018 blacks with the right pedigree can win republican nominations. But I get Eagle Forum emails that freak out whenever a Muslim wins political office without any analysis of the platform that Muslims supports. So...like you....I dunno. Eventually being a Catholic politician quit being buy itself a big deal.

Well I think what ought to be is that benefits for citizenship, whatever we think those benefits should be, should be restricted to citizens. That's short term, long term, any term. If a state wants to not have welfare but have free public school that should be restricted to citizens. I'm not sure why that should be a "short term" thing. There will always be people coming to this country. You have called for reduced immigration but you didn't say no immigration or even visitors at all. Or is that your long term position?
    My long term position is a limited number of immigrants and visitors, the visitors will need to be checked on to keep them from just staying and what few government services we should have should be limited to citizens (except universal services like criminal investigation etc).

But since we would have almost no government services people would rarely be checked for their legal status so we would need to make sure to keep them out in the first place with increased border patrols and port/airport enforcement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I dunno.

Google Eddie Edwards.

So, there it is...
    $#@!ing white male patriarchal $#@! lord.

Don't feel bad. Even black conservatives are being invited to white privilege re-education these days. Uncle Toms minds not right, but they are gonna give him a chance to rehabilitate. It's not his fault you see.He's just been brainwashed by whitey.

That is where reduced immigration comes in.
    And what makes you think she wouldn't have been allowed to come in under reduced immigration? By definition, reduced means some immigrants still come in. She might have been one of them.

This whole issue wouldn't exist if we weren't emulating Rome. Until that stops, none of this stops.
    It would exist because we would be even more free and prosperous.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    At this point in time, September of 2018, is there an issue that has the libertarians more split than this one?

I can't recall such an "ants going crazy on a stomped on ant hill" situation since maybe Rand in 2012 endorsing Romney.
    Probably not...and it's a shame to see what needs to be a productive consensus on this issue almost impossible to find because of dog cussing and cries of racist and idiot and so on from all sides, from long time members on both side of this issue that I have a great deal of respect for.

Not trying to moan "can't we all just get along" but at least acknowledge that valid points are made on both sides, and that the powers that be have put us in a nine line bind trying to deal with it after the fact.

We flat out cannot allow the whole world to waltz in with their hands out and expect any notion of freedom and limited government to survive.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-14-2018 at 10:11 PM.

And what makes you think she wouldn't have been allowed to come in under reduced immigration? By definition, reduced means some immigrants still come in. She might have been one of them.
    That depends on how you reduce it, muslims have very low cultural compatibility with America and I wouldn't allow any.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If a rancher had a fence, a "wall," and multiple signs every 25 feet that read, in many languages, and even sign language, (get it? "sign language," that's some funny $#@! right there.) "trespassers will be shot on sight" you think it is only ok if he uses bean bags or rock salt. Is that correct. I'd hate to offend your sensibilities again. Just asking. ?????????????????????????/
    What part of I don't support killing except for self defense do you not understand? My family owns property. Sometimes hunters come on without our permission. We make them leave. We don't kill anyone. And I wouldn't. If you would that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    $#@!ing white male patriarchal $#@! lord.

Don't feel bad. Even black conservatives are being invited to white privilege re-education these days. Uncle Toms minds not right, but they are gonna give him a chance to rehabilitate. It's not his fault you see.He's just been brainwashed by whitey.
    Damn me...

That depends on how you reduce it, muslims have very low cultural compatibility with America and I wouldn't allow any.
    So Muslim translator works for the U.S. Embassy but he's just SOL. Okay. People once said that about Catholics too.

It would exist because we would be even more free and prosperous.
    Wrong. We were more free and prosperous and we didn't have these problems. This is a direct result of the people intent on turning us into Rome.
    "The Patriarch"

Of course not. She came over as a legal refugee. We screwed up her country over a course of decades. Republicans took the credit for "liberating" Afghanistan first from communism and then from the Taliban. Blowback?

Afghanistan before and after American's fighting communism there.

Maybe if more people knew that it was actually democratic president Jimmy Carter that started arming jihadists in Afghanistan? But sadly Ronald Reagan took the credit and there ya go.
    I doubt she know or cares what party was responsible, what she does know is that the Demoncrats offer her free stuff and the chance to import even more of her people to get free stuff, it suits her culture because that is how tribalism works, the tribal leaders hand out stuff and the people support them in return.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wrong. We were more free and prosperous and we didn't have these problems. This is a direct result of the people intent on turning us into Rome.
    We did, the imperialism does make it worse but ending it won't get rid of the problem entirely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast