Thread: ONLY SEVEN REPUBLICAN SENATORS Confirm They Oppose Criminal Impeachment of President Trump

ONLY SEVEN REPUBLICAN SENATORS Confirm They Oppose Criminal Impeachment of President Trump

More at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-trump-video/

This is what Trump has to deal with, he MUST make deals and compromises to stay in office and get ANYTHING done, he CAN'T implement his agenda perfectly (let alone a pure libertarian agenda).

And Why isn't Rand #8?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    You rail against "MSM fakenews" all day long but MSM stories republished by Iraq/Iran wars pimping gatway neocons make them kosher somehow for posting here? LOL
    LOL at the person who thinks that Fakeness is determined by the source of the news.
    There are a few outlets that are so dishonest that they should be ignored but most have real news from time to time.

Do you have any actual reason to say this is fake?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not all senators responded

The story is originally from the Daily Caller. Their version mentions that not all senators responded.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/22/r...eachment-trump
    Many Senate offices did not respond at all. Offices contacted by The Caller that refused to give comments include:

Barrasso
    Blunt
    Cassidy
    Crapo
    Cotton
    Enzi
    Ernst
    Gardner
    Grassley
    Hawley
    Hoeven
    Toomey
    Shelby
    Paul
    Scott
    Murkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    The story is originally from the Daily Caller. Their version mentions that not all senators responded.
    Thanks.
    But Rand should have responded and been #8.

Even if all 16 that didn't respond side with Trump that's only 23.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Do you have any actual reason to say this is fake?
    Nope, just like you didn't for declaring this Israel's largest paper's report as fakenews without any logical basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's some nice Neocon MSM propaganda you are pushing.

Daily Caller's phone polling about 7 Senators report I saw earlier and seems credible actually, they are far more credible than Israel-Firster neocons gateway propaganda site though.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Nope, just like you didn't for declaring this Israel's largest paper's report as fakenews without any logical basis.

Daily Caller's phone polling about 7 Senators report I saw earlier and seems credible actually, they are far more credible than Israel-Firster neocons gateway propaganda site though.
    You are still making this about sources instead of content my statement that you quoted is based on the content.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Republican Senators would probably reserve judgment until such time that an impeachment vote came up. Most would vote “Nay” based on what is known today, except the open neocons like Romney.

Democrats on the other hand could probably give you a unanimous decision right now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The whole point of the Senate’s role is to serve as a jury while evidence is presented. I won’t prejudice that responsibility by answering a hypothetical question,” North Dakota Sen. Kevin Cramer told The Caller in a statement. “The House should not present articles of impeachment without evidence to support such an awesome responsibility. So far they appear on a three-year fishing expedition.”
    Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander told The Caller that it is “inappropriate for the president to be talking with foreign governments about investigating his political opponents.” However, Alexander also said that “impeachment would be a mistake.”

“An election, which is just around the corner, is the right way to decide who should be president. Impeachment has never removed a president. It will only divide the country further. If the House impeaches the president, the Senate would be the jury. There would be many twists and turns between now and a Senate trial. Therefore, as a potential juror, I will have nothing more to say about impeachment until all the evidence is presented and all the arguments are made,” Alexander said.
    Florida Sen. Rick Scott told the Daily Caller that he has read the transcript and that he believes no laws were broken. He did say that he would continue to listen to all new information that comes out, but that he believes this is another effort from the Democrats to push Trump out of office.

“I’ve read the transcript and I don’t see anything in the transcript. No one showed me that there’s a violation of the law. The standard is high crimes and misdemeanors. I think this is just the Democrats. They’ve always been wanting to impeach this guy, Trump, since he got elected and this is just the latest example. I’m always going to keep listening to when information comes out. But it’s crazy that they’re doing all this work over there in secret,” Scott told The Caller.
    This doesn't sound like a majority of republicans are just waiting to impeach him to me.
    "The Patriarch"

"[T]here is nothing more difficult to carry out…nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things; for the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order." –Machiavelli

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Where is Rand? Rand knows it doesn't matter if he opposes impeachment or not. The Senate does not bring impeachment, they vote to convict someone of impeachment. He also has nothing to gain by supporting trump at this stage, where he has no power. It is better to wait and either; get some political capital for protecting Trump when he has the power to do so, or, even if it is unlikely, if Trump is convicted, cut his loses, have the impeachment proceed as fast as possible, and run in 2020.
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 10-24-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Rand will be in there im pretty sure. No way would he vote to impeach Trump.