Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chanel Announces New Men's Makeup Line

Chanel Announces New Men's Makeup Line

No words...

(NEWSER) – Men, what do you see when you look in the mirror? Fashion and beauty company Chanel sees an untapped market. Enter Boy de Chanel, an upcoming makeup line for men that will feature a "tinted fluid' in four colors, lip balm, and eyebrow pencils in four shades, WWD reports. In a statement, Chanel says the new line is all about reaffirming the "ever-changing codes of an unchanging vision: Beauty is not a matter of gender, it is a matter of style." Boy de Chanel will be available in South Korea starting Sept. 1, per the South China Morning Post, and online in November. It will debut in brick-and-mortar boutiques in 2019.
    http://www.newser.com/story/263621/c...keup-line.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well good thing I don't wear make up. Matter of fact, most men don't wear make up.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Eww. Men who look like they spend too much time in the mirror really creep me out.
    Now, make-up? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Nothing new under the sun...but this was the wealthy, pampered, effete elite, not working class men or rough and tumble frontiersmen.

In other words, the mincing, prancing fairies and soyboys of their day.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I remember walking into a record store as a teen and wondering who the new chick group was.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pcosmar and AF can update their avatars.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Real men should smoke 3 packs of cigarettes per day, drink moderately heavy, and look old before 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Real men should smoke 3 packs of cigarettes per day, drink moderately heavy, and look old before 50.
    Primping, preening, fake up and vanity is woeman's work.

That said, won't be any big deal when you look around at Freak Show AmeriKa.

Take a good look sometime, at Wal Marx, at an airport, at any large gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That said, won't be any big deal when you look around at Freak Show AmeriKa.

Take a good look sometime, at Wal Marx, at an airport, at any large gathering.
    Doesn't have to be a freak show. I would bet that in the future men will prefer to preserve their health and looks. Nothing freakish about wanting to look and feel good.

Equating men that wear makeup to freaks will one day be like comparing people that carry guns to terrorists.

Doesn't have to be a freak show. I would bet that in the future men will prefer to preserve their health and looks. Nothing freakish about wanting to look and feel good.
    Then why does everybody look ugly?

Dressed like slobs, covered in trashy tattoos, hair colored like bad skin infections...

Equating men that wear makeup to freaks will one day be like comparing people that carry guns to terrorists.
    Oh, I have no doubt.

Like the vegans, the freak show contingent has time and popular opinion on their side...they'll prevail eventually.

Then it will just be a question of what goofy public display of nonsense or perversion we'll be commanded to be proud of next.

Sorry pal, I don't care much about your hobby.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing freakish about wanting to look and feel good.
    Oh, and to be clear, I am by no means a fashion plate.

Perhaps I'm Amish going way back or something...I am plain.

Loud, vain, self centered, "look at me!" people and fashions I find distasteful.

Oh good grief!

$#@! a bunch of being civil.

Guys who wear make-up are off, they're weird, psychologically deviated several steps from the norm, and there's absolutely no reason to coddle them and say it's okay if they want to be different.

It's not okay and I'll tip my hat to those who refuse to associate with them, I certainly will.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Oh good grief!

$#@! a bunch of being civil.

Guys who wear make-up are off, they're weird, psychologically deviated several steps from the norm, and there's absolutely no reason to coddle them and say it's okay if they want to be different.

It's not okay and I'll tip my hat to those who refuse to associate with them, I certainly will.

They used to say similar things about guys with long hair.

ETA:
    Last edited by CCTelander; 08-22-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

6 men demonstrate the amazing power of 'no makeup makeup'
    Beauty vlogger Jake-Jamie, famed for his skin-perfecting YouTube tutorials, shares some powerful stories of how natural makeup can generate confidence whatever your sex.
    Good article with pictures of men that wear makeup to cover skin imperfections.
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beau...makeup-makeup/

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    And guys that pierced their ear/s.

And guys that pierced their ear/s.

True that.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Yup they sure did....

Maybe we'll live long enough to see if this 'trend' makes it a couple generations.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Then why does everybody look ugly?

Dressed like slobs, covered in trashy tattoos, hair colored like bad skin infections...

ETA:
    "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'm one of them-thar "long-haired freaky people" that still tries to grow what's left of the hair on my head, got a 5" part now but what the hell...

Make-up, pretty boy BS doesn't equate in my eyes even a little bit.

And...............The older I get the less accepting of modern day weirdness I become.

Ya' won't catch me associating with a pretty-boy, ya'll can have 'em.

I'm one of them-thar "long-haired freaky people" that still tries to grow what's left of the hair on my head, got a 5" part now but what the hell...

Make-up, pretty boy BS doesn't equate in my eyes even a little bit.

And...............The older I get the less accepting of modern day weirdness I become.

Ya' won't catch me associating with a pretty-boy, ya'll can have 'em.
    Well groomed pretty boy probably makes it to the top of success ladder whereas wrinkled up calloused old men are climbing ladders to apply their roofing.

Well groomed pretty boy probably makes it to the top of success ladder whereas wrinkled up calloused old men are climbing ladders to apply their roofing.
    I still climb ladders, you're right about that but I don't do roofing and am skilled enough that I choose my clients, unlike some pretty-boy stroking his way up a bureaucracy who must suck-up to an untold number of $#@!s to try and further his 'career'....

I still climb ladders, you're right about that but I don't do roofing and am skilled enough that I choose my clients, unlike some pretty-boy stroking his way up a bureaucracy who must suck-up to an untold number of $#@!s to try and further his 'career'....
    I am confident some people climb that success ladder with a smile, intellect, charisma, good looks and great work ethic. Short, fat, ugly people are at a disadvantage. These days a person must use all their assets. Nothing wrong with looking your best and putting your best foot forward. Furthermore, I would be willing to wager that the best dressed well manicured man will likely score the most beautiful babe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast