Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starbux CEO- We Are Going To Hire 10,000 Refugees

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Would say hiring a black person be discriminating against black people? Who is being discriminated against? Refusing to hire a person from a particular country WOULD be discriminating. THAT would violate the law.
    Why I haven't put you on ignore yet is beyond me. Fixed. And I'm emailing Soro's to tell him you need to be fired or reassigned because you don't even try to make sense anymore. Lazy troll.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Why boycott Amazon?
    Bezo's owns both Amazon and the Washington ComPost. I did like Amazon but cancelled my Prime Membership...he doesn't deserve my biz.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 02-11-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I am headed for Starbucks now for a glass of water and my name is trump.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I usually make my own coffee. Once a week I host a small business meetup at a La Madeleine's so I have a latte there.
    I've bought Starbucks twice in my life, both times I was out of town..

For my daily mud I just fill a Mr. Coffee basket with Folgers, takes about 1-1/2 cups of grounds..

In order to get strong coffee at those Yuppie joints it takes 5-6 shots of espresso mixed with coffee, ridiculously expensive..

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Starbucks in Saudi Arabia:
    This is only from last year. Not enough time to process information.

I don't care who a private company hires or doesn't hire
    I'm still not getting coffee at star-burps
    Eating alleged food at taco-belch
    dining at the olive GERD-en
    or shopping at walmarx
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/blckriflecoffee/...20144703070208

Black Rifle Coffee Company Takes on Starbucks: We're Hiring 10,000 Veterans

Black Rifle Coffee Company, founded by veteran Evan Hafer, is responding to Starbuck's CEO Howard Schultz' pledge to hire 10,000 refugees. Schultz' announcement came last weekend in response to President Trump's recent executive order temporarily barring refugees and visa holders from seven terror ridden countries.
    "We want to shift the conversation away from foreign policy to domestic issues that hit closer to home. We need to keep in mind that the four things we care about at BRCC are Family, Business, Veterans and country," the company posted on its Instagram page. "And when we say 'country', the taxpayers. Everyone else can take a hike. Careers@blackriflecoffee.com."

Never heard of those folks
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Never heard of those folks
    I've only heard of them recently and I'm not big into coffee, but from what I've read their products are pretty good.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good for them. Good for Starbucks too. They can hire whomever they want to.

That will require a massive increase in staff though unless this is just a PR stunt. Their current staff only totals 52 today. Black Rifle is owned by a Soldier of Fortune and Green Beret. They currently produce "small batch" coffees.

Starbucks is also in the process of hiring 10,000 veterans.

http://taskandpurpose.com/viral-meme...0000-veterans/

Long before #BoycottStarbucks, the company actually launched an initiative to hire 10,000 veterans and military spouses by 2018. In fact, Starbucks is so dedicated to the cause that it started its own veterans group, called the Armed Forces Network, which has 14 chapters across the country. The network even has it’s very own coin, just like the ones military commanders give you when you’ve done something that deserves recognition but not the sort of recognition that goes on your DD-214 form.

According to a letter from the Starbucks Armed Force Network, which was written in response to the #BoycottStarbucks campaign, here’s how the veteran hiring initiative began:

“As our armed forces drew down in 2013, veterans at Starbucks asked the company to consider hiring more service members as they transitioned from active duty and south their first civilian job. We also asked the company to extend this effort to military spouses because we knew firsthand that their support made our service possible. In November 2013, Howard [the Starbucks’ CEO] and former Secretary of Defense Bob Gates announced Starbucks commitment to hire 10,000 veterans military spouses over the next five years.”

There are still 2,000 job openings that need to be filled — “without question we will reach the 10,000 goal early,” the letter says. So if you’re a veteran with dreams of wearing the green apron — or you’re just desperately in need of a job — stop reading this. Comb your $#@!ing hair. Head to your nearest Starbucks and grab a Skinny Caramel Mocha Frappuccino and an application. Then kick back, relax, don a pair of shades, and watch your big bright future as a Starbucks employee unfold.

As Starbucks is well on its way to hiring 10,000 veterans by next year, another coffee company, albeit one much less known, has made a similar pledge. It’s Black Rifle Coffee Company, or BRCC, a small-batch brewing company based in Salt Lake City, which also happens to be one of the most vociferous critics of the Starbucks refugee hiring campaign. BRCC’s founder, Evan Hafer, is a 40-year-old former Army Green Beret. The company currently boasts a staff of 52 employees, 75% of whom are veterans. Hafer’s plan: hire 10,000 more veterans over the next six years.
    Hafer’s pledge to hire 10,000 veterans has not been spared accusations of being a publicity stunt, either. But he insists that it is no such thing. The plan, he says, was hatched months ago. The Starbucks controversy just provided the perfect opportunity to announce it. According to Hafer, BRCC has partnered with 5.11 Tactical, a tactical clothing and equipment company, to build over 600 brick-and-mortar retail stores over the next six years. The rapid expansion will require a lot of manpower — roughly 15,000 additional employees, Hafer estimates. And he wants the majority of them to be veterans.

“I’m a company of 52 employees and I’m trying to hire 10,000 veterans,” Hafer says. “That’s a lot different than a company that says, ‘I have 200,000 employees and I’m going to try to convert 5% of my workforce.’ And this isn’t a support mechanism. This isn’t a hand out. I’m not trying to give back to the veteran community. This is who I’m preferring to hire because I know the veteran subculture and I know the veteran work ethic. I know that this is the best men and women that our country has produced after a decade and a half of war.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-11-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I've bought Starbucks twice in my life, both times I was out of town..

For my daily mud I just fill a Mr. Coffee basket with Folgers, takes about 1-1/2 cups of grounds..

In order to get strong coffee at those Yuppie joints it takes 5-6 shots of espresso mixed with coffee, ridiculously expensive..
    We use coffee beans called "Madalyn's Backyard Pecan" from a Texas company called Independence Coffee. Way better than SB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12