Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re: Johnson / OG paulbot got something to say

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Well, that would be authoritarian, but not necessarily communist.
    Yes it is. Patently.

Anyhow, Johnson said none of those things.
    Yes he did. When asked if it's right to force Individuals to relinquish their property, he said "that'd be my contention, yes."

Is their some way that the government forces us to do things that doesn't inviolve guns if we don't comply?

You're hearing what you want to hear rather than what was actually said.
    I'm hearing what his open contention actually means.

public accommodation
    This is liberal speak.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-20-2016 at 03:48 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    This is liberal speak.
    Dude, take a history class. "Public accommodation" is a thing and it's what you're fighting against. Learn something about it. It'll take you, like, 10 seconds. - http://citizensource.com/History/20t...A1964/CRA2.htm

You can call it liberal speak, but it's a law.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie葉hat the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Dude, take a history class. "Public accommodation" is a thing and it's what you're fighting against. Learn something about it. It'll take you, like, 10 seconds. - http://citizensource.com/History/20t...A1964/CRA2.htm

I'm kind of aghast. You never realized there's a public accommodation clause in the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie葉hat the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Policy doesn't define Liberty. Principles do. Lawful and legal are two entirely different phenomenoa in that regard. CRA is irrelevant.

Wait. Are you black?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-20-2016 at 03:57 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Policy doesn't define Liberty. Principles do. Lawful and legal are two entirely different phenomenoa. CRA is irrelevant.

Wait. Are you black?
    What on earth does that have to do with anything? Are you? This is too much fun. I think I'd rather you not know. LOL.

The relevant question would be either "Are you gay?" Or, "Are you a Nazi?"

Actually, I'm a gay black Nazi, let's just go with that. LOL

What on earth does that have to do with anything? Are you? This is too much fun. I think I'd rather you not know. LOL.

The relevant question would be either "Are you gay?" Or, "Are you a Nazi?"

Actually, I'm a gay black Nazi, let's just go with that. LOL
    Well. Sometimes people believe that they have a right to have their feelings addressed. And they use the force of government to have their feelings addressed. That's what Laws like the CRA serve to accomplish. They're statist. Which is contrary to the fundamentals of Individual Liberty and proper Man-to-Man/Government-to -Man relations. CRA isn't the product of proper Government-to-Man relations. These relations aren't based on the fundamental principles of Individual Liberty at all. CRA is based on the Government-over-Man philosophy.

End of the day we're Individuals. So regardless of whether men from the government are sent with guns to force Nazis, gays, whites, blacks, or anyone at all to relinquish their rights, those men with guns were ultimately being sent to force Individuals and groups of Individuals to relinquish their property.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-20-2016 at 04:13 PM.

And there's still that inconvenient truth that your boy contended that he'd consider signing off on an illegal transfer of power from the people to a King.

Is that libertarian?

Anyhow, Johnson said none of those things. He did say that there's a law on the books, and whoever is in office has to uphold the laws.

No offense, but I find that statement to be extremely unnerving. There are an awful lot of truly stupid laws on the books. Should they really all be upheld?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    No offense, but I find that statement to be extremely unnerving. There are an awful lot of truly stupid laws on the books. Should they really all be upheld?
    We can't have people visiting their quarantined zebras without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    We can't have people visiting their quarantined zebras without permission.

Dammit! And I already spent money to buy my zebra a get well card!

And there's still that inconvenient truth that your boy contended that he'd consider signing off on an illegal transfer of power from the people to a King.

Is that libertarian?
    Of course not. Being president of the United States isn't libertarian!

TPP? Anything that redistributes power to the executive is awful. Any "living document" passed off as law is awful. I hope after considering it and actually reading it he'd decide not to sign it. But I respect that he says he wants to read it first.

Corporate interests are HUNGRY for TPP to get signed ASAP. It's also not impossible that Gary Johnson is courting corporate donors via Weld and doesn't want to come across as "anti-business." But I'm starting to sound like Peace & Freedom's trump equivocation here, so I'll not continue down that road.

Honestly, Gary Johnson's worst aspect is pro-choice. Why doesn't anybody complain about that?

It's interesting the way you keep saying "your boy." Have you been ruminating about gay cakes a little too much?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    I'll let Judge Napolitano answer that: “Today in America, if you operate a public accommodation or deal in real estate, you cannot choose your customers; they choose you... Because discrimination based on sexual orientation is not prohibited by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Indiana and all other states are free to prohibit it or to look the other way in the face of it. But they are not free to encourage it or to make it lawful.”

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123