Thread: Bashar Al Assad Full Speech 6/1/2013 (55 minutes)

Bashar Al Assad Full Speech 6/1/2013 (55 minutes)

hat tip,

Topic started on 6-1-2013 @ 08:51 AM by RizeorDie
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread915355/pg1
    I listened to the full speech and urge you all to do the same, Al Assad is an educated man, he is a popular leader, he is loved by the Syrian nation regardless what Clinton says.

If the Syrian nation truly rose up against the Syrian 'regime' then the regime would have fallen a long time ago, but the truth is that this is not a popular uprise, and most of the rebels are not even Syrian, In fact anybody with their mind and heart in the right place would feel the energy and see the truth behind Syria, even a baby can figure out who is right and wrong. You dont need to know the full history behind the situation, if you are free soul then your heart will automatically align you with the Syrian people and you will automatically condemn the FSA terror groups and their supporters (NATO/Saudi).

Its funny that for the last 21 months, the Syrian government has reached out to the Syrian opposition for dialogue, yet an uninvited guest (USA/Qatar) would intervene and urge the opposition to reject the dialogue.

The Syrian opposition is forced to align itself with FSA terrorists due to USA and her Allies meddling

from page 2 of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Assad: The political solution in Syria will be as follows:

The first stage: will be The regional and international coutries will be committed to stopping arming and harboring the armed groups and at the same time the armed groups must stop their terrorist activities. And this will facilitate the Syrian Refugees to come back to their real homes and heal their wounds in a secure way.
    After that, the military operations by the Syrian Armed Forces will stop and the Syrian Armed Forces reserve the right to respond if the security of the state or the citizens or public institutions or private institutions are subject to any attack.

Number two: To find a mechanism that everybody will be committed to the previous element article especially controlling borders.

Number three: The current government will directly begin with comprehensive contact with all members of Syrian society and community or the different parties and associations to hold open dialog sessions and to hold national dialog conference whereby all of those parties that want a solution in Syria can participate, whether they be parties inside Syria or outside Syria.

The following stage: The current government will call for a comprehensive dialog session in order to reach a document which stipulates the teritorial integrity and the rejection of terrorism and the rejection of meddling in internal affairs.

At 29:33 He then begins to outline more details for dialog all the way to a newly formed constitution and government and how that will be arrived at. It's worth a listen.

Also:

40 Inspirational Speeches in 2 Minutes

Archie Bunker on Gun Control

THE PATRIOT - Mel Gibson - Full Movie
    Pumping Missouri River Water to Denver Colorado?
    Last edited by presence; 01-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry, I think it's ridiculous all this stuff about how Assad and Ahmadinejad are actually great leaders who are victims of US propaganda. They are just as authoritarian as the people who run this country. Being libertarian shouldn't mean we instinctively side with anyone who hates America.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    I'm sorry, I think it's ridiculous all this stuff about how Assad and Ahmadinejad are actually great leaders who are victims of US propaganda. They are just as authoritarian as the people who run this country. Being libertarian shouldn't mean we instinctively side with anyone who hates America.

I haven't said I side with anyone. I posted the "breaking news" speech and a freelance journalist's commentary. To be honest I haven't clicked play yet. Seeing as you have such a strong opinion of the piece can you summarize for us?
    Last edited by presence; 01-06-2013 at 12:08 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Well said. People try to paint the world in black and white. When they start with America being bad everyone anti america must be good. Its not that simple plenty of bad people ahte other bad people. Its not so cut and dry.

I would like to know if the translation is at all accurate (I always wonder),, But I have no doubt that the "rebels" are foreign interests.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There's a difference between "they are great leaders" and "they are defending their nation from outsiders". I don't agree with my neighbors in a lot of ways, but I defend their right to defend themselves from outsiders.

Poor Assad and poor Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    Poor Assad and poor Syria.
    If it ever comes to us, who will cry?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Assad: "The west are sending terrorists to Syria"

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Assad: "The west are sending terrorists to Syria"
    Qatar and Saudi Arabia part of the west now? the west maybe sending weapons and training but the actual terrorists are middle eastern

Assad: The political solution in Syria will be as follows:

The first stage: will be The regional and international coutries will be committed to stopping arming and harboring the armed groups and at the same time the armed groups must stop their terrorist activities. And this will facilitate the Syrian Refugees to come back to their real homes and heal their wounds in a secure way.
    After that, the military operations by the Syrian Armed Forces will stop and the Syrian Armed Forces reserve the right to respond if the security of the state or the citizens or public institutions or private institutions are subject to any attack.

Number two: To find a mechanism that everybody will be committed to the previous element article especially controlling borders.

Number three: The current government will directly begin with comprehensive contact with all members of Syrian society and community or the different parties and associations to hold open dialog sessions and to hold national dialog conference whereby all of those parties that want a solution in Syria can participate, whether they be parties inside Syria or outside Syria.

The following stage: The current government will call for a comprehensive dialog session in order to reach a document which stipulates the teritorial integrity and the rejection of terrorism and the rejection of meddling in internal affairs.

At 29:33 He then begins to outline more details for dialog all the way to a newly formed constitution and government and how that will be arrived at. It's worth a listen.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 01-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Qatar and Saudi Arabia part of the west now? the west maybe sending weapons and training but the actual terrorists are middle eastern
    Yes, they are (even if only as puppets)

They may be bastards, but at least they're their own bastards. They haven't been bought & paid for by the puppetmasters of Imperium Americana.

To the extent that I "side" against anyone in these matters, I "side" most against they tyrants who are actually oppressing me right here where I actually am. And however bad Assad, Ahmedinejad, etc. may be, they are just not on that list.

I'm willing to bet that any decent person in, say, Iran - who just wants to leave alone and be let alone (and who doesn't engage in mindless "my country, right or wrong" flag-waving) probably "sides" more with the tyrants in America than with the ones in Iran. Not because he regards American tyrants as being any better, but because American tyrants aren't the ones who are directly responsible for his own oppression.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I know two co-workers at the post office that are egyptians (uncle-nephew). They are both coptic christians. They came to USA 7 years ago and has since visited Egypt 5 times to visit family/friends. One was a tour guide in egypt at one point.

I avoided talking about political things while at work. They asked me about where me/my parents were from. So I asked them about Egypt. They say that they are sad that they probably can't go back to egypt for a while. They are afraid because of the change of leadership and the situation that was caused by Arab spring. There are still many "protestors" in many towns that go around hating on non-muslims. In many areas, women had to wear a cover on their heads or they get kidnapped and get killed or raped. They fear for their families, who are also coptic christians in egypt.

They said that situation with murabak was bad, but this new government is even more bad.
    Last edited by alucard13mmfmj; 01-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.

I agree that we shouldn't reflexively support people just because they are the targets of neo-conservative foreign policy. However, I don't know that I would put Assad in the same category as the Iranian mullahs. One of my in-laws is Palestinian. He attended university in Syria. He still has a lot of affection for the country. He said it is the only Arab country where your religion is not required to be listed on your passport. He is a Sunni Muslim but he argues against his relatives back home that support the Syrian rebels.

I wonder what is happening in all the countries that underwent arab spring. we never hear MSM talk about these countries and the aftermath of a revolution. it can be hell and everyone else in the world would be in ignorant bliss on what is happening. It is probably why people repeat the same mistakes. They dont hear about hte aftermath from MSM and assume macdonalds and starbucks are now in those countries.

If good things are happeinng, the MSM would report it and praise Obama on how much of a great job he did.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    They may be bastards, but at least they're their own bastards. They haven't been bought & paid for by the puppetmasters of Imperium Americana.

To the extent that I "side" against anyone in these matters, I "side" most against they tyrants who are actually oppressing me right here where I actually am. And however bad Assad, Ahmedinejad, etc. may be, they are just not on that list.

I'm willing to bet that any decent person in, say, Iran - who just wants to leave alone and be let alone (and who doesn't engage in mindless "my country, right or wrong" flag-waving) probably "sides" more with the tyrants in America than with the ones in Iran. Not because he regards American tyrants as being any better, but because American tyrants aren't the ones who are directly responsible for his own oppression.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    I wonder what is happening in all the countries that underwent arab spring. we never hear MSM talk about these countries and the aftermath of a revolution. it can be hell and everyone else in the world would be in ignorant bliss on what is happening. It is probably why people repeat the same mistakes. They dont hear about hte aftermath from MSM and assume macdonalds and starbucks are now in those countries.

If good things are happeinng, the MSM would report it and praise Obama on how much of a great job he did.
    There's been quite a bit of news coming out of Egypt.... none of it good.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."