Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Official Mid Term Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah I must admit I was doing a bit of bitter paraphrasing there. What he actually said was we should take over the GOP. It should be pretty obvious that the easiest way to win an election is to run as one of the 2 major parties.
    But the problem is that Trump is making it particularly difficult to run as a Republican and is essentially killing the Republican brand as a national party. Yet the hardcore Trumpers keep cheering him on while he alienates the most important voting block that generally decides elections, INDEPENDENTS. The old guard GOP is literally dying as conservative grandma and grandpa croak and fall off the rolls. If you look at the election results, the various federal seats that the GOP maintained hold of were waaaaay closer contests than they historically were. It's only a matter of time before it becomes impossible to run (with any chance of winning, at least) as a Republican except in badly gerrymandered districts or rural areas that don't really matter much. The GOP is dying a death by 1000 cuts and few apparently notice. Why tie yourself to that sinking anchor?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    But the problem is that Trump is making it particularly difficult to run as a Republican and is essentially killing the Republican brand as a national party. Yet the hardcore Trumpers keep cheering him on while he alienates the most important voting block that generally decides elections, INDEPENDENTS. The old guard GOP is literally dying as conservative grandma and grandpa croak and fall off the rolls. If you look at the election results, the various federal seats that the GOP maintained hold of were waaaaay closer contests than they historically were. It's only a matter of time before it becomes impossible to run (with any chance of winning, at least) as a Republican except in badly gerrymandered districts or rural areas that don't really matter much. The GOP is dying a death by 1000 cuts and few apparently notice. Why tie yourself to that sinking anchor?
    Just doing his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Just doing his job.
    Yep, that's the plain truth right there.

Must spread rep around.....

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

So what do you suggest?
    Appealing to "moderates" who are opposed to all our values?
    Running as the party famous for Stripper Guy and never winning?

Despite what you say Trump is reviving the Republican brand after the RINOs were lowering its coffin into the grave but even if you are right our people can always jump ship and join whatever party replaces it if it does die just like all the Whigs that became Republicans, until then they need to run as major party candidates and the Communists won't vote for them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So what do you suggest?
    Appealing to "moderates" who are opposed to all our values?
    Running as the party famous for Stripper Guy and never winning?
    First, like it or not, moderates decide elections. PERIOD. Stats show that party membership, whether D or R, is dropping and unaffiliated/independent rising. They are moderates that don't want anything to do with being labeled a communist (D) or a fascist (R). They hold diverse views and can be reached but of course the media does a fabulous job dividing and conquering and poisoning the well on behalf of the bankers that control EVERY President. They'd be open to a Republican message but Trump is killing the brand. And you're helping.

And what is "our" values? You Trumpers have nothing in common with libertarian conservatives, civil liberties/anti-war liberals, or moderates. The cult of Trump is turning the GOP into the party of hate, in the minds of moderates that decide elections. And you're helping. What do I suggest? STOP DOUBLING DOWN ON STUPID!

(side note: and that is all assuming that vote fraud isn't rampant. But it is and few want to acknowledge it, much less try to tackle it. Hell, I'm convinced my own local BOE changes vote totals before uploading them to the state BOE website after elections. They've been caught posting fake totals before yet the head of the local BOE is STILL THERE every election.)

Despite what you say Trump is reviving the Republican brand after the RINOs were lowering its coffin into the grave but even if you are right our people can always jump ship and join whatever party replaces it if it does die just like all the Whigs that became Republicans, until then they need to run as major party candidates and the Communists won't vote for them.
    No, he's not. Did you ever think that Beto $#@!in' O'Rourke would almost knock off an incumbent Republican Senator in TEXAS? Or that Dan McCready still won't concede to PASTOR Mark Harris in Billy Graham's stronghold area of NORTH CAROLINA because the vote difference is less than 2000? Wake up and smell the coffee. Even the seats that the GOP held onto, which historically they won handily even during Obama's terms, were only won by a whisker. The trend is not going toward reviving the brand. The direction is clear. When the GOP is basically dead, there is no party replacement. That's it. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    MAGA embrace repellers shamed today publicly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYS1FFjQCPg
    The ape's talk about people embracing him or otherwise was some repellent garbage, had to turn off the radio.

First, like it or not, moderates decide elections. PERIOD. Stats show that party membership, whether D or R, is dropping and unaffiliated/independent rising. They are moderates that don't want anything to do with being labeled a communist (D) or a fascist (R). They hold diverse views and can be reached but of course the media does a fabulous job dividing and conquering and poisoning the well on behalf of the bankers that control EVERY President. They'd be open to a Republican message but Trump is killing the brand. And you're helping.

And what is "our" values? You Trumpers have nothing in common with libertarian conservatives, civil liberties/anti-war liberals, or moderates. The cult of Trump is turning the GOP into the party of hate, in the minds of moderates that decide elections. And you're helping. What do I suggest? STOP DOUBLING DOWN ON STUPID!

(side note: and that is all assuming that vote fraud isn't rampant. But it is and few want to acknowledge it, much less try to tackle it. Hell, I'm convinced my own local BOE changes vote totals before uploading them to the state BOE website after elections. They've been caught posting fake totals before yet the head of the local BOE is STILL THERE every election.)

No, he's not. Did you ever think that Beto $#@!in' O'Rourke would almost knock off an incumbent Republican Senator in TEXAS? Or that Dan McCready still won't concede to PASTOR Mark Harris in Billy Graham's stronghold area of NORTH CAROLINA because the vote difference is less than 2000? Wake up and smell the coffee. Even the seats that the GOP held onto, which historically they won handily even during Obama's terms, were only won by a whisker. The trend is not going toward reviving the brand. The direction is clear. When the GOP is basically dead, there is no party replacement. That's it. Game over.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The usual substance-less reply I've come to expect when Shillsmyth can't spin a reply into some form of Trump fan fiction. Are you out of "LOL" replies today?

I just saw that Mia Love lost her seat too. They are still taking out the TEA Party one by one

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The usual substance-less reply I've come to expect when Shillsmyth can't spin a reply into some form of Trump fan fiction. Are you out of "LOL" replies today?
    You aren't out of drivel but you still avoided answering my question.

I'm waiting........................................... ..........

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You aren't out of drivel but you still avoided answering my question.

I'm waiting........................................... ..........
    Your question was stupid and I don't double down on stupid.

Oh wait, that was the answer to your question. Stop doubling down on stupid! Stop embracing a public figure that's clearly destructive to libertarian goals and the long term viability of the Republican party itself.

Your question was stupid and I don't double down on stupid.

Oh wait, that was the answer to your question. Stop doubling down on stupid! Stop embracing a public figure that's clearly destructive to libertarian goals and the long term viability of the Republican party itself.
    That's not an answer to the question, I didn't ask what to not do, you made your opinion on that clear in the first post.

Now try telling us what you think we should do, what party should our candidates run as?

The Communist Demoncrats won't have us, the LP has spent decades teaching everyone that they are the party of freaks who can't win and all the other parties are even smaller.

We can try to reform the LP (a lost cause) or to build up the Constitution Party or to create a brand new party but while we are doing that any of our candidates who want to win will have to run as Republicans and that means they will have to play nice with Trump and his followers like Rand does.

I'm waiting for you to offer a viable alternative plan for something to do, we already know what you want us to not do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's not an answer to the question, I didn't ask what to not do, you made your opinion on that clear in the first post.

Now try telling us what you think we should do, what party should our candidates run as?

The Communist Demoncrats won't have us, the LP has spent decades teaching everyone that they are the party of freaks who can't win and all the other parties are even smaller.

We can try to reform the LP (a lost cause) or to build up the Constitution Party or to create a brand new party but while we are doing that any of our candidates who want to win will have to run as Republicans and that means they will have to play nice with Trump and his followers like Rand does.

I'm waiting for you to offer a viable alternative plan for something to do, we already know what you want us to not do.
    Would the Constitution Party have us?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Some of us, most of us I hope.
    Most of those who they wouldn't want wouldn't have them

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The first action item is always to stop harming yourself. So hows about we start there and then decide next steps?

2020 election is really going to suck.

Trump v/s ...

Clinton, Biden, O'Rourke, Sanders, Newsom (maybe).

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The first action item is always to stop harming yourself. So hows about we start there and then decide next steps?
    Your proposed solution would harm us, our candidates would lose the seats they hold and never take any new ones.

How about you make a suggestion about what we should do and explain how it will actually make us better off?

Life is far from perfect and sitting back and criticizing everyone who tries to engage in it constructively without committing yourself to a course of action that will achieve better results is a path to failure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your proposed solution would harm us, our candidates would lose the seats they hold and never take any new ones.
    Who are "our candidates"?

How about you make a suggestion about what we should do and explain how it will actually make us better off?
    Actually, I don't think I'm going to post my thoughts on that any further here. I have much better and more direct outlets to share those thoughts with and it's better to keep such things inside circles where it won't benefit shills and intel gatherers. I did come up with a few ideas though so thanks for help getting the gears turning.

Life is far from perfect and sitting back and criticizing everyone who tries to engage in it constructively without committing yourself to a course of action that will achieve better results is a path to failure.
    You're absolutely right. I have been doing some things and contemplating doing some other things and it's high time I started moving on them.

Who are "our candidates"?
    Rand, Lee, Amash and Massie among others.

Actually, I don't think I'm going to post my thoughts on that any further here. I have much better and more direct outlets to share those thoughts with and it's better to keep such things inside circles where it won't benefit shills and intel gatherers. I did come up with a few ideas though so thanks for help getting the gears turning.

You're absolutely right. I have been doing some things and contemplating doing some other things and it's high time I started moving on them.
    I take that to mean you don't have any constructive suggestions but if you actually do something I wish you luck, even you can't be any worse than our current politicians.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Banned

Blog Entries

LoL

GOP is doing just fine.
    Bunch of gop old guard bounced, "retired". Senate was nice pick up for GOP.
    No more Flake, no more McCain, no more Ryan.
    No blue wave, either. Big money races all losses. (Beto, Gillum and Nelson).
    Grim reaper has been seen headed to the supreme court, anonymous sources say.

The only thing that happened is D's got a little bit of hope they were going to live another day.
    Which might this calm them down. It is the kiss of death to make a deal with trump, but they might have to.
    They just might live another day, but Trump is already offering votes for house leader.

And you are talking like you can now tell GOP how to run it's show?
    They are still winning greatly.
    And that Supreme court. And all those court appointments. That senate majority.

What did happen, is Trump was handed his first "defeat". That is big. But Trump will adjust, and come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    LOL, ok,...sorry.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910