Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FL-GA-AL-SC - Hurricane Ian Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Locals were Armed..and if you were not recognized,,you were staring down a barrel.
    And then what?

The question wasn't about looting. It was about entering a state from another state.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    And then what?

The question wasn't about looting. It was about entering a state from another state.
    Ok,,The Fl Keys are a Microcosm.. not states,, exactly.. each unique communities.

Right behind a Storm,, you don't want to have a Face that is not recognized.

and that man with the Gun is the De-facto LAW.

I can easily see a State militia doing the same in a crisis.

Now if we could only Keep FEMA Out,, that would be a win.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just checking in. It’s noon and here in Sarasota lots of wind gust and sheets of rain. They’re saying landfall may be closer to Fort Myers.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Just checking in. It’s noon and here in Sarasota lots of wind gust and sheets of rain. They’re saying landfall may be closer to Fort Myers.
    Been watching,, it's running the coast.. making a mess all over.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I saw it in the Keys ,,in years past..

Locals were Armed..and if you were not recognized,,you were staring down a barrel.

NG units for Curfew had no bullets in their guns.. the locals did.

There was No looting on Big Coppitt Key.
    My Bosses Son ran some off from Big Pine..

Idiot asked "Who are you?",, Robert said "I'm the man with the gun,, get the hell out of here"
    Did you like Big Pine or any of the middle keys? We are thinking of moving even further south in the future? From what I understand the middle keys are more rural. We miss that from living up north in new england.
    Last edited by 69360; 09-28-2022 at 10:15 AM.

5" of rain here so far, I just had to pump out the pool. Tornado warnings passed. We are currently out of the cone, but Hurricane warning is up for the next city north. Seems to be going more south than predicted. I put up storm panels yesterday, some of the neighbors are rushing to do it now in the rain. It woud only be a 1 by the time it got to me so not really worried much.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Did you like Big Pine or any of the middle keys? We are thinking of moving even further south in the future? From what I understand the middle keys are more rural. We miss that from living up north in new england.
    I like the Keys,, miss living there.

The place was founded by Pirates., Runaways and assorted outlaws.. There is a Free Spirit that lives there.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

5" of rain here so far, I just had to pump out the pool. Tornado warnings passed. We are currently out of the cone, but Hurricane warning is up for the next city north. Seems to be going more south than predicted. I put up storm panels yesterday, some of the neighbors are rushing to do it now in the rain. It woud only be a 1 by the time it got to me so not really worried much.

Stay safe. Saw video of how low Tampa bay is. Who would wait till today to put up shutters in this wind and rain.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Got any evidence to support that ridiculous claim?
    Well, I saw it with my own eyes, how about that?

I had to get a shipmate of mine to his home in Pascagoula right after the storm.

Whole sections of town were blocked off and guarded by citizen militia, if you didn't live there, you didn't get in.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I used to live in Marathon, on Vaca key, one north of Big Pine.

It's not rural, coastal Maine, but it's about as nice and laid back and rural as the keys can get.

Can't vouch for what it may have turned into though.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How much wind, Sammy?

I'm two pins away from calling bull$#@! on the forecasters yet again.

Look at the live streams I posted...wind and heavy rain sure, but not widespread EOTWAWKI that the spun up and out control Newz is reporting.

Been watching,, it's running the coast.. making a mess all over.

I like the Keys,, miss living there.

The place was founded by Pirates., Runaways and assorted outlaws.. There is a Free Spirit that lives there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

It's not rural, coastal Maine, but it's about as nice and laid back and rural as the keys can get.

We are thinking maybe Marathon or Big Pine maybe in a few years. I love the weather in Florida and the people. I don't even mind the summers. I just can't get used to the traffic and how busy everything is compared to Maine. Might just need a quieter area.

[...] wind and heavy rain sure, but not widespread EOTWAWKI that the spun up and out control Newz is reporting.
    Yeah, well, Don Lemon grew up in Florida - so he knows better than you do.

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status...30044732694530

How much wind, Sammy?

I'm two pins away from calling bull$#@! on the forecasters yet again.

Look at the live streams I posted...wind and heavy rain sure, but not widespread EOTWAWKI that the spun up and out control Newz is reporting.
    All I can say is wow! Just wave after wave of sheets of rain. I’ve never been in a storm like this before. the views in Tampa show people out walking but here you couldn’t walk outside. Wind is incredible…

Just lost power. Cable was out an hour ago. These have to be 100+ mph winds

Watching a couple storm Chasers, in Punta Gorda.. Eye pretty much collapsed on landfall just north side of Cape Coral.
    Nice Cat 4.

No clear eye to dance in.

the Keys did get a good rinse,,but Sloppy Joes was open, and no Shutters in sight.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

They forced "utilities" on No Name Key. things have changed some.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We were out 2 weeks after Wilma.. Was a While after Georges before everyone was powered up again.

Fun Times.

I missed the shot of a Huge Scorpion up on that deck rail.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-28-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Keep your head down...

We lost power last night at 10. Seems like everything else is fine so far.

Well a new day. Gotta say last night was pretty bad. It was no fun listening to all the wind, rain and what ever else was making noise in the dark. Didn’t sleep much. Now its sunny a little wind but not looking forward to the heat with no AC. Funny though i have partial power. Refrigerator is running and some lights. Weird…. Anyway thanks for the well wishes!

Well a new day. Gotta say last night was pretty bad. It was no fun listening to all the wind, rain and what ever else was making noise in the dark. Didn’t sleep much. Now its sunny a little wind but not looking forward to the heat with no AC. Funny though i have partial power. Refrigerator is running and some lights. Weird…. Anyway thanks for the well wishes!
    I was just coming in to see how you made out.

Glad to hear everybody is safe.

!!!!! Unplug your refrigerator and anything else with a motor or electronics. It sounds like you may have a "phase" out, resulting in low voltage, which will destroy motors and electronics" !!!!

You probably lost one side of the line. So you have 110 to half of your breakers but no 220. That happened to us up in Maine once.

Our power is out. A tree fell on a line on our street. Snapped a pole in half and pulled down the lines for 2 poles over. It's a mess. I called FPL They knew the power was out but not that the line was on the ground. I think it's going to be a while. Hopefully tomorrow, but who knows?

You probably lost one side of the line. So you have 110 to half of your breakers but no 220. That happened to us up in Maine once.

Our power is out. A tree fell on a line on our street. Snapped a pole in half and pulled down the lines for 2 poles over. It's a mess. I called FPL They knew the power was out but not that the line was on the ground. I think it's going to be a while. Hopefully tomorrow, but who knows?
    Nothing new here yet either. Fingers crossed for us, well everyone in fl.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Massive storm surge in Ft. Myers Beach.

FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Massive storm surge in Ft. Myers Beach.

That was terrible but amazing to watch. Nothing like that here for me. I feel blessed to know that could have been my area. I wish all souls in those affect areas well as they .. and we recover from this storm…

Lee County sheriff says death toll is in the hundreds. Last I heard, it's up to one so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Anyone notice that it refused to follow their path and zig zaged ..

Never does what they say.

It is a Hurricane again,,and headed North,, somewhere.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast