Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Schiff - "The dollar is now off ten percent since Trump was inaugurated."

Really , you could just replace the 1 and 2 dollar bills with a 3 dollar bill . If you cannot buy a gallon of gas with it you do not need a bill for it .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Pssst. Don't tell anyone I told this secret, ok?

Bitcoin doesn't exist. It's merely software that records delusional interactions between people that live in a fantasy world. It's imaginary numbers in a computer and you can never store value in something that doesn't exist. And you certainly can't store value in something that can be turned off from your access at a whim or utterly erased from existence.

Besides, the NSA thanks you for your support. Please don't tell me you think the rise of Bitcoin wasn't planned and executed by the same old suspects.
    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/clas...nt/nsamint.htm
    the market disagrees today and the market disagreed yesterday and will disagree with you tomorrow.

The Internet is also a NSA conspiracy to take control of our minds. /s

I don't care what you goldbugs do. I just wrote this post to warn you of the coming explosion. Bitcoin and crypto are going to destroy Fiat.

Here is a video of Andy Hoffman, goldbug who quit gold business after many years and now 100% on Bitcoin and crypto.
    Listen what he says. Amazing.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    the market disagrees today and the market disagreed yesterday and will disagree with you tomorrow.

The Internet is also a NSA conspiracy to take control of our minds. /s

I don't care what you goldbugs do. I just wrote this post to warn you of the coming explosion. Bitcoin and crypto are going to destroy Fiat.

Here is a video of Andy Hoffman, goldbug who quit gold business after many years and now 100% on Bitcoin and crypto.
    Listen what he says. Amazing.

Wow, where to start?

The market? LOL! As if there are no manipulations in the Bitcoin market, as opposed to every other market being rigged to the hilt by the fiat creators. They wouldn't print up some fiat to own the bitcoin market would they?? Naaa, Bitcoin is different.

If by market, you mean similarly deluded people agreeing on a shared delusion then sure, the market disagrees with me. I'd rather not be a participant in that "market", thanks.

No reply to the write-up that clearly shows TPTB were behind cryptos 21 years ago? Or did you buy that whole Satoshi bull$#@! story? Btw, the military developed the internet. I agree with you that crypto/blockchain is the future imaginary slave "money". I never said otherwise. At least understand the true nature of it instead of being a delusional lemming, thinking that somehow this time it will be different.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-30-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I do think crypto munnies has big potential to be govt slave money in the future . When muh bitcoin goes to 1 million I am getting out .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do think crypto munnies has big potential to be govt slave money in the future . When muh bitcoin goes to 1 million I am getting out .
    Recent reports, fwiw, are that banks are shutting down accounts of those that are trying to cash out cryptos back into FRN. Coinbase has a prosecutor on their Board now.

Cryptos role as future slave money is established already via globalist white papers. It's not even hidden.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The whole crypto thing cracks me up. At least with bitcoin a few retailers accepted it. As far as I can tell nobody accepts the new cryptos as payment. The market has completely dropped the pretense that it may actually be useful. Now it's pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The whole crypto thing cracks me up. At least with bitcoin a few retailers accepted it. As far as I can tell nobody accepts the new cryptos as payment. The market has completely dropped the pretense that it may actually be useful. Now it's pure speculation.
    Watch the Video above. The goldbug turned crypto bug explains the use case. It is a new form of money. That's the use. A money that cannot be controlled by a central authority. A money that can be stored in your head. A money that that can be exchanged on the internet.
    You forgot the huge Darknet markets that were the first to use Bitcoin and still use it. Now they are also using Monero which is totally private. A cryptographic wonder. The IRS won't like Monero at all.

Right now Bitcoin is a store of value. It works pretty well.

Watch the Video above. The goldbug turned crypto bug explains the use case. It is a new form of money. That's the use. A money that cannot be controlled by a central authority. A money that can be stored in your head. A money that that can be exchanged on the internet.
    You forgot the huge Darknet markets that were the first to use Bitcoin and still use it. Now they are also using Monero which is totally private. A cryptographic wonder. The IRS won't like Monero at all.

Right now Bitcoin is a store of value. It works pretty well.
    How does one store bitcoins in their head? By memorizing its entire code?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    How does one store bitcoins in their head? By memorizing its entire code?
    you remember the private key of a public address where you send coins to.

At any time in the future you can launch a wallet, import the private key and access the funds located there.

In Bitcoin all transactions are public on the ledger. https://blockchain.info/ is one of the many sites that allow you to browse the Bitcoin blockchain.

Usually people don't remember the private key. They write it down on a piece of paper or use a software wallet.

You can prove that you own a private key by signing any message with the private key. Anyone can verify that the signature and the message matche using your public key.

EDIT: a private key looks like this : L3aSCXbu5Ra346VEN2XdTtT7J7Ka3RxsaLXNFYa8PPyrxChBar 7e

EDIT2: there are schemes to match words to private keys.. called HD wallets. more complicated stuff but the idea is the same. just more convenient. My monero wallet is stored inside a seed of 24 english words. I saved the seed in a encrypted container. I don't trust my memory.
    Last edited by Mordan; 08-31-2017 at 03:19 PM.

you remember the private key of a public address where you send coins to.

At any time in the future you can launch a wallet, import the private key and access the funds located there.

In Bitcoin all transactions are public on the ledger. https://blockchain.info/ is one of the many sites that allow you to browse the Bitcoin blockchain.
    How long is this "private key"?

An example private key

In Bitcoin, a private key is usually a 256-bit number (some newer wallets may use between 128 and 512 bits), which can be represented one of several ways. Here is a private key in hexadecimal - 256 bits in hexadecimal is 32 bytes, or 64 characters in the range 0-9 or A-F.

E9873D79C6D87DC0FB6A5778633389_SAMPLE_PRIVATE_KEY_ DO_NOT_IMPORT_F4453213303DA61F20BD67FC233AA33262
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

Usually people don't remember the private key. They write it down on a piece of paper or use a software wallet.
    So it isn't in their head as suggested. Worse than a credit card number. Thanks for the info.

One of the factors which will keep something like bitcoins from gaining wide acceptance is its complexity. Too hard and inconvenient for most people to try to use. People hate their bank password system enough already.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-31-2017 at 03:24 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    you also sound my dying grand mother. She would not use the Internet because government would spy on her emails. She wanted face to face contact. Crypto boom is like the dotcom boom. The old idiots just don't see it.
    What are you doing on a internet forum anyways? Internet forums crack me up too.

How long is this "private key"?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

So it isn't in their head as suggested. Worse than a credit card number. Thanks for the info.

One of the factors which will keep something like bitcoins from gaining wide acceptance is its complexity. Too hard and inconvenient for most people to try to use. People hate their bank password system enough already.
    look my edits. for an example. Private keys depends on the base. In Bitcoin base is 256. So you have 2^256 possibilities.

Yea there is a lot of speculation that the tech will become easier to use down the road.

Anways right now Bitcoin use case is as a store of value and hedge. It replaces Gold. Only smart people need to use it. Many already do.

Peter Schiff.

Has Schiff ever NOT said the market is in a bubble and crash/recession is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Pssst. Don't tell anyone I told this secret, ok?

Bitcoin doesn't exist. It's merely software that records delusional interactions between people that live in a fantasy world. It's imaginary numbers in a computer and you can never store value in something that doesn't exist. And you certainly can't store value in something that can be turned off from your access at a whim or utterly erased from existence.

Besides, the NSA thanks you for your support. Please don't tell me you think the rise of Bitcoin wasn't planned and executed by the same old suspects.
    http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/clas...nt/nsamint.htm

Does software exist? Does it have no value? Have you seen the valuations of software companies?

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You know, I really thought the crisis in 07/08 was gonna get so out-of-control that the Fed couldn't have turned it around (not saying they fixed anything, but they certainly somehow restored faith in the system faster than I would have expected) . But I'm starting to wonder if there even is any limit to what they can fudge numbers on to maintain the illusion. These guys running the Fed have terrible economic theories but they are great economic magicians.
    I discuss the FED with a coworker at least weekly over the last two years. We bet on wheather or not they will hike rates and such. He comes at me with econ data and jobless rates etc...which are good under a normal economic FED. By that I mean the recession and the recovery where anything but "normal". I kept telling him this all a big PR campaign to maintain faith in a system and the illusion of credibility to the FED and by extension other central banks.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by cocrehamster View Post
    Does software exist? Does it have no value? Have you seen the valuations of software companies?
    Apples and oranges. Of course the bitcoin software exists. A "bitcoin" does not exist. However, unlike other forms of software such as operating systems or large databases containing information useful to a corporation's mission*, Bitcoin provides nothing productive in any form by itself and therefore has no value. A digital FRN provides nothing productive in any form by itself and also has no value either. The only reason either are assigned any value is because of the delusions of those that think they exist as something other than mere book-keeping entries.

*Note: bitcoin does contain info useful to a corporation's mission but it's a whole nother kind of corp with a whole nother type of mission but I'll leave that rabbit hole alone for now.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12