Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Rand ever been stronger than now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    FDR dumps Henry Wallace in 1944 for Harry S Truman.
    In 1940 he said he'd totally retire if HW was not his veep.
    Is spamming against the site guidelines?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Rand is more valuable in the Senate than VP right?

Has a two-term president ever been reelected with a new VP?

What could Trump accomplish with Rand as VP that he can't now?

kona asked a valid question. In 1952 and 1956 IKE almost jettisoned Richard Nixon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Trump survives the bloody mess, he can easily dump Pence in a New York minute...

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Whereas Trump actually does come off as presidential?
    Given who is in the office right now, I don't think that's a hard and fast rule anymore.
    That's a good point, thanks.
    >_<

Rand has come into his own. He is on another level right now. This could go down as one of the great moments for liberty if he takes the reigns in 2024.

Rand grew his brand big time this past week. He has learned/grown a great deal from working with Trump. I am hopeful that bigger and even better things are on the horizon. Trump just needs to stick to his instincts and continue executing his campaign plans. The biggest benefactor of his success after himself is Rand. The payoff from being the only politician standing with Trump on this will be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    The payoff from being the only politician standing with Trump on this will be massive.
    LOL

On this Russian foolishness? Probably. On everything? Oh, hells no.

As for the Vice Presidency, screw it. If you could be sure Trump would do us the courtesy of dying, VP would be a good place to be. Failing that, I don't see the office as an advantage to being a sitting Senator when it comes to winning the presidency. Seems to me, if Rand really wanted to improve his chances of reaching the Oval Office, he'd refuse the Vice Presidency and run for governor of Kentucky.

Being VP may have been an advantage to George H.W. Bush. But the only other VPs to go straight to the White House in the last hundred years didn't do it through election. Reelection, yes. Election, no.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-18-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Pence is assassination insurance, not a compromise pick. Just one thought about the Christian Terminator becoming President in the wake of an assassination is enough to deter a lot of leftist ideologues.

I remember Pence from his House tenure, where he was a reliable liberty conservative. I believe he is far closer to one of us than his current public image portrays.
    Hillary choosing Tim Kaine as her VP nominee WAS assassination insurance -
    No one feels he could have ever taken over really - and she is very sickly.

McCain in 2008 also went with an insurance policy against assassination -
    but Palin is an idiot who gets mocked by Katie Couric and Joe Biden - lol

Obama picking Biden (over Hillary) got him elected . . . if he chose Hilly he'd have been assassinated -
    and Biden was still an asset for re-election debating against Marathon Man Paul Ryan in 2012.

Trump won with Pence as the back-up/stand-in . . . but like Dan Quayle for HW Bush in 1992 he is not the best choice for re-election.
    Trump needs to make a change . . . maybe a golf partner who gives back part of his Congressional expense allocation back to the US Treasury, and goes on medical missions to operate on Haitians or Guatemalans in need of eye surgery (?)

Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Hillary choosing Tim Kaine as her VP nominee WAS assassination insurance -
    No one feels he could have ever taken take over really - and she is very sickly.

Obama picking Biden (over Hillary) got him elected . . . if he chose Hilly he'd have been assassinated -
    and Biden was still an asset for re-election debating against Marathon Man Paul Ryan in 2012.

Trump won with Pence as the back-up/stand-in . . . but like Dan Quayle for HW Bush in 1992 he is not the best choice for re-election.
    Trump needs to make a change . . . maybe a golf partner who gives back part of his Congressional expense allocation back to the US Treasury, and goes on medical missions to operate on Haitians or Guatemalans in need of eye surgery (?)

Rand is certainly the best choice for Trump, the only question is whether being VP is the best choice for Rand.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

McCain never had any intention whatsoever to win. The Palin pick was to prevent a third-party revolt that could prevent Obama from becoming President.

McCain's intention from the very start was to make Obama the President. His statements and actions on the campaign trail then, and since, all fit into this explanation and no other.

Jan2017

McCain never had any intention whatsoever to win.
    He actually couldn't win, even if he had wanted to win.

It was impossible for him to ever become President, as one of less than 10 foreign-born US Senators in the history of the Senate.

McCain could have never been sworn in and taken the oath of office as he was born in a community hospital in Panama.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He actually couldn't win, even if he had wanted to win.

It was impossible for him to ever become President, as one of less than 10 foreign-born US Senators in the history of the Senate.

McCain could have never been sworn in and taken the oath of office as he was born in a community hospital in Panama.
    Sorry that doesn't hold water, and it's not very material anyway. Both his parents were US citizens, so it doesn't matter where he was born.

Jan2017

Sorry that doesn't hold water, and it's not very material anyway. Both his parents were US citizens, so it doesn't matter where he was born.
    LOL very funny . . . doesn't hold water (?)

John McCain may or may not have wanted to be President.

But he never could have been President, and it is relevant because the GOP didn't learn anything apparently,
    so they would jus' do it again in 2016, putting before voters an ineligible foreign-born Senator as a potential presidential candidate nominee again.

A child born in international waters to two US citizen parents . . . same as if in an airplane in international airspace -
    or in Panama or Canada - are not born in the constitutional language that John Jay suggested to his friend George Washington - and which was introduced to the constitutional convention in the summer of 1787 - to qualify for the "command of the american Army".

A McCain situation - born on foreign soil - is exactly what the 55 delegates wanted to exclude from the new chief executive for the new nation. They wanted to include Senators as well, but a Scottish-born Pennsylvanian was used as an example that it could be ok with the 9 year exclusive US citizenship requirement (which btw, Senator Rafael Cruz (R-TX) does not meet until 2023)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 05:43 PM.

LOL very funny

John McCain may or may not have wanted to be President.

But he never could have been President, and it is relevant because the GOP again put before the party nomination process
    It's not "very funny". Saying McCain was ineligible based on natural born grounds is a nonsense argument that only shows you don't know what a natural born citizen is.

Besides, in that very same election, an actual ineligible person won the Presidency and it was no problem for him at all.

Jan2017

It's not "very funny". Saying McCain was ineligible based on natural born grounds is a nonsense argument that only shows you don't know what a natural born citizen is.

Besides, in that very same election, an actual ineligible person won the Presidency and it was no problem for him at all.
    I not only know what the delegates at the constitutional convention in Philly in 1787 voted for but also
    what the Supreme Court of the United States determined in a 1960's-ish ruling as to what the intent and
    the exact meaning of the constitutional language used and applied since the 1789 ratification by the states, a native born = natural born.

Obama was born in Honolulu's Kapiolani Children's Hospital in 1962 to one US citizen parent - by law a natural born citizen since Hawai'i became a state in 1959. Goldwater was born in Arizona when it was a US Territory before statehood, a natural born citizen.

McCain was born in a Panama hospital delivered by a US Navy doctor who signed the log book off base - which wouldn't have mattered even if he had been delivered on base - McCain will always be a foreign-born US citizen.

As ya' know already . . .
    "whether it would not be wise and reasonable to provide as a strong check to the admission of foreigners
    into the administration of our national government, and to declare expressly that the Command in chief of the american Army
    shall not be given to, nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen."

Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Jan2017

It's not "very funny".
    But it is very very funny what YOU wrote/believe/espouse.
    And it will be funnier when ya' get to learn all about the US Navy (sold to History Channel) version of lies about the John McCain involvement in the 29 July 1967 USS Forrestal inferno at sea.
    Aircraft carrier cameras didn't lie, did they Johnny McCain ?

Ooops. Did McCain miss having that record permanently sealed or deleted in time too, like his VietCong collaboration evidence was ? LOL
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.

You have a very odd choice of things you like to believe, and over an issue startlingly irrelevant to current events. So go ahead and believe what you like, if it becomes material again we'll revisit the issue.

Jan2017

You have a very odd choice of things you like to believe, and over an issue startlingly irrelevant to current events. So go ahead and believe what you like, if it becomes material again we'll revisit the issue.
    I don't believe - I know where John McCain was born though and it is offbase in Panama . . . and it is now lovely condos.

IF McCain had not really NOT wanted to win anyway as you suggested, and then, pulled it off with Palin as his running mate against a Honolulu-born natural born US citizen, THEN the tour of presidential birthplaces would have had to go to . . . PANAMA.

Surely, your understanding of how the natural born clause came to be is very deficient -
    as is your acknowledgment of the Supreme Court ruling that affirms the natural born clause definition voted into the Constitution
    (but remember now slow-minded one, that it is ONLY a requirement for the President - that is what was voted and ratified)
    yet keep in mind the constitutional convention discussions about using the same natural born rule for the Senators is very instructive to the intent of the delegates to prevent foreigners from the administration of the federal government.

Now run along and run far from visiting this again as fast as you can . . .
    ya' don't want to look like too much of a dumb arse 'bout 'dis, tonight, eh ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.

I not only know what the delegates at the constitutional convention in Philly in 1787 voted for but also
    what the Supreme Court of the United States determined in a 1960's-ish ruling as to what the intent and
    the exact meaning of the constitutional language used and applied since the 1789 ratification by the states, a native born = natural born.

Obama was born in Honolulu's Kapiolani Children's Hospital in 1962 to one US citizen parent - by law a natural born citizen since Hawai'i became a state in 1959. Goldwater was born in Arizona when it was a US Territory before statehood, a natural born citizen.

McCain was born in a Panama hospital delivered by a US Navy doctor who signed the log book off base - which wouldn't have mattered even if he had been delivered on base - McCain will always be a foreign-born US citizen.

As ya' know already . . .
    "whether it would not be wise and reasonable to provide as a strong check to the admission of foreigners
    into the administration of our national government, and to declare expressly that the Command in chief of the american Army
    shall not be given to, nor devolve on, any but a natural born Citizen."

O'Bummer was NOT born in Hawaii and even if he was his mother had to renounce his citizenship in order to get him Indonesian citizenship so he could go to school and he never reclaimed his American citizenship as an adult.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

O'Bummer was NOT born in Hawaii and even if he was his mother had to renounce his citizenship in order to get him Indonesian citizenship so he could go to school and he never reclaimed his American citizenship as an adult.
    So if I am wrong where Obama was born, then that would be a problem -
    but what evidence to refute the Hawai'i Governor affadavit of his birth there - a big hurdle evidence-wise.

So if I am wrong where Obama was born, then that would be a problem -
    but what evidence to refute the Hawai'i Governor affadavit of his birth there - a big hurdle evidence-wise.
    The "Birth Certificate" was a proven forgery, if they had a real one they would have used it, there was lots of other evidence that I read about while he was in office but I don't remember most of it right now, hopefully it will eventually be proven in court by the people who have all the evidence and we will get to replace his SCOTUS picks and revisit the rulings they were the deciding factor in.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

The "Birth Certificate" was a proven forgery, if they had a real one they would have used it, there was lots of other evidence that I read about while he was in office but I don't remember most of it right now, hopefully it will eventually be proven in court by the people who have all the evidence and we will get to replace his SCOTUS picks and revisit the rulings they were the deciding factor in.
    It is a certificate of birth that yes is not the original document - but so are yours and mine -
    if we need an official birth certificate that is what the State sends, for a passport or whatever -
    not the one with the baby feet ink prints on the bottom.

Replacing Obama SCOTUS picks . . . this is a tough crowd.

One evidence that exists is a Honolulu Advertiser (main newspaper) live birth section - new babies born column - supposedly about a month after an "alleged" Honolulu birth.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-18-2018 at 08:08 PM.

It is a certificate of birth that yes is not the original document - but so are yours and mine -
    if we need an official birth certificate that is what the State sends, for a passport or whatever -
    not the one with the baby feet ink prints on the bottom.
    It was a forgery, the document had multiple layers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

So, the Hawai'i Governor signs / swears that the birth took place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

On this Russian foolishness? Probably. On everything? Oh, hells no.

As for the Vice Presidency, screw it. If you could be sure Trump would do us the courtesy of dying, VP would be a good place to be. Failing that, I don't see the office as an advantage to being a sitting Senator when it comes to winning the presidency. Seems to me, if Rand really wanted to improve his chances of reaching the Oval Office, he'd refuse the Vice Presidency and run for governor of Kentucky.

Being VP may have been an advantage to George H.W. Bush. But the only other VPs to go straight to the White House in the last hundred years didn't do it through election. Reelection, yes. Election, no.
    I'm not sure Rand wants to be President. Who in his right mind really would?

I think Rand wants to do what is right for America, and he will probably choose his position based on how he can best help make his Dad's dreams come true.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Imagine being a devoted, loving son and watching your Dad get ridiculed by a litany of butt-sucking $#@!s not once but 3 times (runs for POTUS). That kind of hurt runs deep.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 07-19-2018 at 05:19 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

So, the Hawai'i Governor signs / swears that the birth took place anyway.
    There was lots of other evidence it didn't, I'll just leave it at that for now because if anything ever comes of it those with the evidence will present it in court.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Has Trump ever been stronger before now?

I don't think so. If he came out in support of the wall and Trump's other immigration policies, he would solidify his place in the Right's eyes as the true heir to the throne. A Rand Paul that is tough on immigration is probably the only person right now that can save this Republic.
    Last edited by FvS; 07-18-2018 at 09:46 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They just released the same file they used to for printing. What's so unusual about this?

I think Rand is garnering more attention now than ever... in a very positive & constructive manner. We must stand behind him thru these trying times.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Senator Rand Paul was at his strongest when it look like he had a very good chance of being the Republican nominee for president. This is also a good time for him :-)
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Senator Rand Paul was at his strongest when it look like he had a very good chance of being the Republican nominee for president. This is also a good time for him :-)
    There was a period of time at the beginning of the race where Rand was very strong, some arm chair know-it-alls on RPF would beg to differ.

Honestly though, he had good fundraising, a good team, and good message. Trump was too strong.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast