Thread: NY Man arrested for plan to suicide-bomb Washington DC on election day

NY Man arrested for plan to suicide-bomb Washington DC on election day

Rockland County man arrested for building 200-pound bomb, plotting to detonate it in DC on election day
    By GRAHAM RAYMAN and JOHN ANNES NY Daily News
    OCT 10, 2018 | 5:35 PM

A Rockland County man who cops say built a 200-pound bomb he was planning to explode in Washington, D.C., in an Election Day suicide attack was arrested Wednesday.

Paul Rosenfeld, 56, of Tappan, was busted on federal charges of manufacturing an explosive device.

“As alleged, Paul M. Rosenfeld concocted a twisted plan to draw attention to his political ideology by killing himself on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. — risking harm to many others in the process,” U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said.

“Rosenfeld’s alleged plan for an Election Day detonation cut against our democratic principles.”

In August and September 2018, Rosenfeld sent letters and text messages to a person in Pennsylvania detailing his scheme, authorities allege. The recipient of those communications went to the FBI, court papers show.

Rosenfeld wanted to draw attention to his belief in “sortition,” a political theory that advocates the appointment of government officials by random selection from a pool of qualified candidates.

When cops stopped his car Tuesday, Rosenfeld waived his Miranda rights and told officers he ordered large quantities of black powder over the internet, which he transported from a spot in New Jersey to his house, authorities say.

He said he used approximately eight pounds of black powder to construct a large explosive device in the basement of the home. He also disclosed that he had tested smaller devices.

His home was searched and agents say they found a functioning bomb weighing about 200 pounds inside a plywood box. The device was taken from the basement and brought to a secure location.

They also found a fusing system for triggering bombs and empty canisters of black powder. The fusing system was made up of a switch that would generate an electrical charge that would spark an e-match inside the bomb.

Sortition as a political doctrine has its roots in Ancient Greece where some cities, including Athens, used the method to choose its leaders.

Rosenfeld contibuted an essay titled “The Extinction of Politics” to Equalitybylot.com. He described himself as a “Klerotarian,” a reference to a stone device used by the Athenians to randomize voting.

In that 2015 essay, he wrote....
    more http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...010-story.html
    About Paul Rosenfeld (heavy.com):
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/paul-rosenfeld-sortition
    ...Prosecutors said his plan was to draw attention to “sortition,” which is a “political theory that advocates the random selection of government officials.”...

...Paul Rosenfeld began communicating with a reporter in Pennsylvania about his plan to blow himself up, leading to the FBI investigation, NBC New York reports. He told the unnamed reporter he was “angry about the country’s direction,” the news station reports.

Rosenfeld sent letters and text messages to the reporter and in those messages, he detailed the plans for the suicide bombing, according to the criminal complaint filed in the Southern District of New York. Rosenfeld also told the reporter about his support for the sortition theory, the FBI said in the complaint...

...In 2015, Rosenfeld wrote an essay on the blog “Equality by Lot,” a site run by “Kletorians,” the name that supporters of sortition and the “deliberate use of randomness (lottery) in human affairs.” In the blog post, titled “Extinction of Politics,” Rosenfeld argued that they had to work harder to raise awareness of their political theory....

...According to a now-deleted Linkedin profile, Paul Rosenfeld is a painter and has worked in the visual department at Lord & Taylor in the department store’s painting and decorating division. Rosenfeld has also operated an independent painting and decorating company, offering house painting, custom colors and faux finishes

Little else is known about Rosenfeld, who has lived in Rockland County for several years. He has lived in Tappan, New York, along with Piermont, New York; Berkley Heights, New Jersey; and Manhattan, public records show....

...In an argument on the “Equality by Lot” blog, Rosenfeld wrote, “Call me an elitist if you like but my hands are dirty, I live from paycheck to paycheck and I never went to college. My proletarian credentials are firmly intact. But I do not believe there is a snowball’s chance in hell that a large group of humans (however you select them) is capable of managing itself in a manner consistent with social justice or even rational self-preservation UNLESS there are definite conditions laid out in advance for the management of this body. Otherwise, Nature will take its course; I don’t care if the group is composed of janitors, college professors or even a ‘statistically accurate’ cross-section of the population at large. I am certain that it will end badly.”...
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/paul-...eld-sortition/
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-11-2018 at 12:21 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Paul Rosenfeld
    Doesn't have the typical Arab-sounding terror-sounding name.

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    AbdPaul Rosenfeld-shabob

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Rosenfeld wanted to draw attention to his belief in “sortition,” a political theory that advocates the appointment of government officials by random selection from a pool of qualified candidates.

...and apparently the way it comes about is by killing random people?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ...and apparently the way it comes about is by killing random people?[/B]
    i guess about as sensible as electing people who promise to increase the size of government in order to decrease the size of government

...and apparently the way it comes about is by killing random people?[/B]
    If they would 'spread their idea" this way in an open field with nobody around.. Then we don't have to listen to such stupidity.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    If they would 'spread their idea" this way in an open field with nobody around.. Then we don't have to listen to such stupidity.
    Never know, but to me this wreaks of MKUltra.

You have a guy who is trying to spread some political ideology I've never even heard of.. I just looked it up on the forum search and only found a few threads that even mentioned it in over 10 years.. and he builds a 200 lb giant bomb to kill people to garner attention for it?

Just sounds like they are making way for some type of legislation or something, not sure yet.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Guess we can expect black powder to become even harder to purchase.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The man accused of building an explosive device as part of an election day suicide bomb plot wrote of how he was “angry about the country’s direction” and wanted to stop what he claimed was a conspiracy by Republicans to suspend the electoral process.

News reports about the plot heavily emphasize Rosenfeld’s motive to draw attention to “sortition,” which is a “political theory that advocates the random selection of government officials.”
    However, most reports are absent indications that the accused terrorist appears to be left-leaning.

In one of his blogs, Rosenfeld complained about undue corporate influence on democracy, which he blamed on “Christian infused political philosophy from the Enlightenment.”
    He also voiced a conspiracy theory that Republicans were planning to claim that terrorists had infiltrated the Democratic Party as a pretext to suspend voting and permanently install themselves in the White House.
    “Even today, despite all our “democratic” pretensions in the U.S., one might easily imagine a scenario in which President Jeb Bush (following an act of nuclear terrorism) suspends the electoral process, under the pretext that “terrorists” have infiltrated the Democratic party. A perpetual dynasty of Bush leaders would be a plausible outcome, wrote Rosenfeld.
    Rosenfeld’s leftist political beliefs will stoke more concern that extreme rhetoric by the likes of Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton and others is radicalizing extremist fringe elements of the left who may lash out with violent attacks.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/man-who-pla...toral-process/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Leftist JEW Paul Rosenfeld, 56, Was Planning To Blow Himself Up In DC On Election Day Because He Hates TRUMP!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Never know, but to me this wreaks of MKUltra.

You have a guy who is trying to spread some political ideology I've never even heard of.. I just looked it up on the forum search and only found a few threads that even mentioned it in over 10 years.. and he builds a 200 lb giant bomb to kill people to garner attention for it?

Just sounds like they are making way for some type of legislation or something, not sure yet.
    How was he getting he 200 lb bomb out of his basement to the national mall ? Guess his paid FBI informant might have forgotten about that .
    Do something Danke

Sounds like a leftist jew , which could be terror sounding .
    Do something Danke

I can't imagine how anyone could want to bomb Washington DC on election day. It's supposed to be a day of happiness and joy, like Christmas.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I can't imagine how anyone could want to bomb Washington DC on election day. It's supposed to be a day of happiness and joy, like Christmas.
    Exactly . The national mall should only be used for pro american activites . In the old days the House un - American Activities Committee would have let everyone know what is acceptable .
    Do something Danke

Well good thing he wasn't able to succeed with his plan.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Guess we can expect black powder to become even harder to purchase.
    I better stock up
    Do something Danke