Thread: OH-public skool cop uses taser to awaken student sleeping in class

Angry OH-public skool cop uses taser to awaken student sleeping in class

gov'ment skool is child abuse. (vid of the newscast at link)
    https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...udent-in-class

SMITHVILLE, Ohio - A Smithville school resource officer is on unpaid leave, accused of activating a Taser in an attempt to wake up a sleeping student in a classroom.
    Officer Maryssa Boskoski, 32, works part-time and was assigned as a school resource officer for this school year.
    The incident happened on Aug. 30 at Liberty Preparatory School, 243 North Milton St. The facility is a community charter school in the village.
    The male student, who is a junior, wouldn't wake up for the teacher or Interim Principal Jenna Parnell.
    Boskoski, who had walked down to the classroom with Parnell, activated the Taser a few feet away from the teen.

"She did take her Taser, remove the cartridge from it, and arced the Taser," said Smithville Police Chief Howard Funk.

No probes were deployed and the Taser did not touch the student.
    Parnell said the combination of the sparking noise and ensuing commotion in the classroom caused the student to wake up.
    Parnell said she was stunned by the officer's actions. The officer did not give any warning before using the Taser, according to Parnell.

"I was a little surprised by it. Our interest is in the safety of our students so hearing that go off was a little alarming," Parnell said.

Funk plans to meet with the village solicitor to determine if any criminal charges should be filed.
    The chief said Boskoski violated the use of Taser policy and what she did in the classroom could put her job in jeopardy.

"It's unfortunate and I'm disappointed that this took place. It's something I would not have expected from any of our officers," Funk said.

A review of her personnel file shows Boskoski served in the United State Air Force Reserve.

As a Smithville officer, she was given a letter of recognition for a giving a homeless man clothing from her cruiser and taking him to a shelter.
    Earlier this year, a performance log noted she neglected to remove the cartridge from a Taser prior to a spark test. As a result, the Taser deployed in close proximity to another officer.
    The officer was advised future incidents of a similar negligent manner could subject her to disciplinary action.

News 5 was unable to reach Boskoski for comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The male student, who is a junior, wouldn't wake up for the teacher or Interim Principal Jenna Parnell.
    Really? Couldn’t wake the student up? Was he dead? Did they call an ambulance?

But they had an in-house cop, and she got him to wake up. What’s the controversy? These three women did everything that they could to “wake up” this student, and the taser finally worked. Would a glass of cold water dumped over his head be as controversial?

So much fail.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Whether it is legal or moral, I am sure that it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Really? Couldn’t wake the student up? Was he dead? Did they call an ambulance?

But they had an in-house cop, and she got him to wake up. What’s the controversy? These three women did everything that they could to “wake up” this student, and the taser finally worked. Would a glass of cold water dumped over his head be as controversial?

So much fail.
    A glass of cold water would be preferable and always works sans a drunken stupor in my experience. However the teachers et al probably can't do such a horrible thing to the kids, might damage their phsychy. Best just to teach them about sexual diversity.
    "The Patriarch"

I remember one teacher I had, put a paint can on the table with a hole in the side and a burning candle inside on the bottom of the can.

When class was about to begin, he took a plastic ketchup bottle filled with Lycopodium powder and blew some of the powder at the candle inside the can.

Of course the dust explosion inside the can caused the top of the can to fly off, making enough noise to get everybody's attention.

I suppose the way things are now, if he had done that, they would accuse him of setting off a bomb in the class room.

Did anybody get hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I remember one teacher I had, put a paint can on the table with a hole in the side and a burning candle inside on the bottom of the can.

When class was about to begin, he took a plastic ketchup bottle filled with Lycopodium powder and blew some of the powder at the candle inside the can.

Of course the dust explosion inside the can caused the top of the can to fly off, making enough noise to get everybody's attention.

I suppose the way things are now, if he had done that, they would accuse him of setting off a bomb in the class room.

Did anybody get hurt?
    As a victim of Catholic schools, I faced nuns who weilded yardsticks like Darth Vader with a light saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Did anybody get hurt?
    It seems that the only victim is the cop. The principal hired and called the cop to solve her problems for her, and when the cop did something that solved the problem without hurting anybody, the principal threw the cop under the bus. I fault the incompetent teacher and principal in this case. Cop should have tazed them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    As a victim of Catholic schools, I faced nuns who weilded yardsticks like Darth Vader with a light saber.
    In Kings Garden (A rather large Christian school just outside of Seattle) we had a vice principle in grade school with one arm. Mr.Stub, I kid you not. He had a paddle made out of a 2X4, cut down the middle on the business end for sound effects with holes drilled into it and varnished. He sent me sailing clear across the room one time. I guess I pissed him off lol.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.