Thread: Chick-fil-A Grantee Covenant House Hosted Drag Queen Story Hour

Exclamation Chick-fil-A Grantee Covenant House Hosted Drag Queen Story Hour

Chick-fil-A Grantee Covenant House Hosted Drag Queen Story Hour

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...en-story-hour/

DR. SUSAN BERRY 4 Dec 2019

Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A continues to be mired in controversy after the discovery of its donations to the far-left Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and also Covenant House, an organization that celebrates LGBTQ pride and hosted a Drag Queen Story Hour in New York.

On November 18, the restaurant that had received the praise and support of Christians for what appeared to be its courage to stand up for the biblical foundations of marriage and sexuality, announced it was changing direction.

“Starting in 2020, the Chick-fil-A Foundation is introducing a more focused giving approach to provide additional clarity and impact with the causes it supports,” the announcement read.

It was revealed that Chick-fil-A would be ending its support for the Salvation Army – considered by many to be the premier organization for helping the homeless and hungry – and giving, instead, to Covenant House International, an organization that helps homeless youth but clearly celebrates LGBTQ pride.

“Pride is all about love, acceptance, celebration,” Covenant House states. “It’s also about recognizing the challenges and injustices that the LGBTQ community faces – particularly when it comes to homelessness.”

In an op-ed at USA Today Wednesday, JP Duffy, vice president of communications at the Family Research Council, recalled his first job at Chick-fil-A, and his boss’s explanation of founder Truett Cathy’s vision of having a company that honors God.

“In that conversation, I began to experience what it means to live out one’s faith in the workplace,” Duffy wrote. “I knew I signed up to do more than sell chicken. That was the first of many such conversations over the next three years.”

“Those family conversations have changed dramatically recently,” Duffy said, however, since the recent announcement by Chick-fil-A COO Tim Tassopoulos that the company was moving in a different direction.

“There’s no question we know that, as we go into new markets, we need to be clear about who we are,” Tassopoulos said. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.”

Duffy said it is painful to watch Chick-fil-A follow the same trajectory of other corporations attempting to adopt a politically correct attitude. Duffy continued:

In 2016, Chick-fil-A’s board selected a new president, Tim Tassopoulos, who is a member of an advisory board for a Boy Scouts council (which has changed the name of its 11- to 17-year-olds program to Scouts BSA). The Scouts BSA has abandoned many of its values in recent years and has never looked back, even as the organization apparently moves closer to bankruptcy.

Duffy said “the biggest shock” was the discovery that Chick-fil-A has donated to SPLC, a group that labels Christian individuals and groups as “haters.” According to Duffy:

This is the same group that, in 2012, inspired a gunman to storm into the headquarters of my organization, the Family Research Council, and attempt to murder my colleagues and me and smash Chick-fil-A sandwiches on our faces.

That day I saw our building manager, Leo Johnson, covered in blood as he was rushed into an ambulance. Despite being seriously wounded, Leo heroically tackled the gunman, saving many lives.

The domestic terrorist shooter, Floyd Corkins, told the FBI he had picked the Family Research Council as a target from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s website. He was angered by the Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day held recently, in which huge crowds lined up at Chick-fil-A’s restaurants to show support for its president, Dan Cathy, who had expressed support for marriage defined as between a man and woman.

Duffy praised the businesses that have held their courage and fought to practice their faith beliefs in the marketplace – Hobby Lobby and Jack Phillips’ Masterpiece Cakeshop are just two he mentioned.

“Religious freedom is the right to live out your faith in every area of life, including the workplace,” Duffy said. “But that freedom is under assault. We can defend this freedom by exercising it. However, that requires courage, which comes through a relationship with God and reverence for his Word.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully they'll start being open on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Sounds like they are headed that way.

For myself, I'm done with them.

My advise for any company is to try as much as possible to stay away from politics. Don't donate to left, right or centre orgs and be as neutral as possible when you have to donate.

I've never ate food from Chick-Fil-A, but after everything they've done far I never will.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This whole "drag queen story hour" is so sick and unbelievable that it boggles the mind to figure out how it ever became acceptable or even somewhat common.

Very sad that they have succumbed to this debauchery, but that's how Satan works.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Caving to the kweer and the filth of the so-called "left"... how disappointing.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This whole "drag queen story hour" is so sick and unbelievable that it boggles the mind to figure out how it ever became acceptable or even somewhat common.
    If one of those perverts began masturbating before their young audience, I would be surprised if any repercussions of any sort were to befall the stropping vermin.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

honestly, their food is bland

and they support terrorist (splc) so an "FU" to d-ick fill-A
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Maybe they will close on Saturday instead......

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If one of those perverts began masturbating before their young audience, I would be surprised if any repercussions of any sort were to befall the stropping vermin.
    They flash their dicks to the kids and nobody does a $#@!ing thing...

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Very sad that they have succumbed to this debauchery, but that's how Satan works.
    Yeah its really sad when businesses have to cater to the whim of liberals.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    honestly, their food is bland

and they support terrorist (splc) so an "FU" to d-ick fill-A
    By itself it might be bland, but their spicy chicken sandwich is pretty good, and they have the best dipping sauces.

But ya, no way in hell I'm going there if they are giving $$ to SPLC.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Yeah its really sad when businesses have to cater to the whim of liberals.
    This may be a get woke, go broke situation.

I have a feeling their sales are going to plummet.

They already have a bad reputation with the left. This isn't going to change things much for them. But now their target market, Christians and conservatives on the right, they are going to leave in droves.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It's really a shame too, Kanye's new album "Jesus is King" that just came out had a love song dedicated to Chik-fil-a

"Closed on Sunday.. you my Chik-fil-a..

You're my number 1... with the lemonade.."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They flash their dicks to the kids and nobody does a $#@!ing thing...

The end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This may be a get woke, go broke situation.

I have a feeling their sales are going to plummet.

They already have a bad reputation with the left. This isn't going to change things much for them. But now their target market, Christians and conservatives on the right, they are going to leave in droves.
    Doubtful. I just had a new Chick-Fil-A open a few days ago by me and cars were wrapped around the building at 9:00 PM last night. I won't be able to get close to it without a substantial wait for a good month. As long as they aren't putting out commercials about toxic masculinity, hardly anyone will know or care what charities they are donating to.

Doubtful. I just had a new Chick-Fil-A open a few days ago by me and cars were wrapped around the building at 9:00 PM last night. I won't be able to get close to it without a substantial wait for a good month. As long as they aren't putting out commercials about toxic masculinity, hardly anyone will know or care what charities they are donating to.
    The effect will be there but it will be delayed. I think only those of us who are "plugged in" are getting the whole story. Remember, most of the people you know think Epstein killed himself and are busy watching the impeachment circus.

It'll take a few months for various Christian groups to get the word out that we're done with Chick-Fil-A. The problem isn't that it won't happen... the problem is it'll be blamed on everything else under the sun except the obvious.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

To be fair, there are more examplary models too:

Gay Teacher Of The Year Fans LGBTQ Pride In Viral Photo With Donald Trump
    Nikos Giannopoulos “celebrates the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity” in a photo with Donald and Melania Trump.

Chick-fil-A Grantee Covenant House Hosted Drag Queen Story Hour

4 Dec 2019

Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A continues to be mired in controversy after the discovery of its donations to the far-left Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and also Covenant House, an organization that celebrates LGBTQ pride and hosted a Drag Queen Story Hour in New York.

On November 18, the restaurant that had received the praise and support of Christians for what appeared to be its courage to stand up for the biblical foundations of marriage and sexuality, announced it was changing direction.

“Starting in 2020, the Chick-fil-A Foundation is introducing a more focused giving approach to provide additional clarity and impact with the causes it supports,” the announcement read.

It was revealed that Chick-fil-A would be ending its support for the Salvation Army – considered by many to be the premier organization for helping the homeless and hungry – and giving, instead, to Covenant House International, an organization that helps homeless youth but clearly celebrates LGBTQ pride.

“Pride is all about love, acceptance, celebration,” Covenant House states. “It’s also about recognizing the challenges and injustices that the LGBTQ community faces – particularly when it comes to homelessness.”
    EM.

This direction change appears to be another MAGA win:

Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Biased media won't give him credit for this but Trump with his recent global campaigns has proven to be the strongest POTUS in entire US history who has single handidly free'd GOP from the clutches of old-fashioned Biblical Christian conservatives base.

Related

Change of Direction
    LGBT Republican group that declined to back Trump in 2016 endorses him for 2020
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/2038865001/