Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VP Pence Walks Out Of Colts / 49ers Game Over Protest

VP Pence Walks Out Of Colts / 49ers Game Over Protest

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/n...rotest-w507744

Some 49ers knelt.

"I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence said in a statement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the flag, the "troops", the stupid song are MEANINGLESS without the constitution they are SUPPOSED to represent!

where is mike's righteous indignation about the destruction of our rights and freedoms they are supposed to be protecting?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    the flag, the "troops", the stupid song are MEANINGLESS without the constitution they are SUPPOSED to represent!

where is mike's righteous indignation about the destruction of our rights and freedoms they are supposed to be protecting?
    +rep. The man is paying attention to the really important things in life. Someone should also tell him that the govt he support is sponsors terrorism in the middle east and that should concern him more than the national anthem. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But what do I know?
    Says the guy with the Che avatar?

I can't top that. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

I am first and foremost anti imperialism and everything else comes second. Che fought the Americans and their imperialist ambitions in Cuba and South America like the fighting manic that he is up until his death. THAT IS WHY I HAVE A CHE AVATAR. I hope you can get that through your thick skull
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-08-2017 at 02:52 PM.

+rep. The man is paying attention to the really important things in life. Someone should also tell him that the govt he support is sponsors terrorism in the middle east and that should concern him more than the national anthem. But what do I know?

So no one should tell Pence the government he's vice president of supports terrorists, or that government should support those terrorists, or we should all consider standing for The Special Song more important than the government supporting terrorists, because somebody has a Che avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.473737cdeaa8

Pence protesting people who protest saying they should't be protesting. Hmm. (He wasn't planning on sticking around for the game anyways- he had a flight to catch to California). This was a publicity stunt.

Trump says he directed Pence to walk out of game if 49ers protested during national anthem

The plan had been for Vice President Mike Pence to attend the Indianapolis Colts game at which Peyton Manning’s number is to be retired, a gala celebration of the former Colts quarterback’s contributions to Pence’s home state.

The former governor of Indiana and his wife, wearing a Manning No. 18 jersey, left Lucas Oil Stadium after the national anthem, following instructions from President Trump after a number of San Francisco 49ers players, as they usually do, took a knee during the anthem.

“I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled,” Trump posted on Twitter. “I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.”

Although players have stressed that the demonstrations are not meant to disparage military members of the anthem, Pence’s departure revives the story of player demonstrations during the anthem and caused many to question whether it was a stunt because Pence flew from Las Vegas to the game and then was flying to California.

Pence’s press schedule for Sunday showed him attending the Colts game from 1-4 p.m. EDT. But given Trump’s instructions, an early departure seemed likely because at least one member of the 49ers has protested during the national anthem at every game this season, a practice that originated with the team in 2016. Protests by the 49ers, and from players across the NFL, intensified after Trump called upon league owners to fire or suspend players who did not stand for the anthem last month.
    Media kept outside to catch images of him leaving:

NBC’s Vaughn Hillyard reported from Indianapolis that the media pool was kept in vans ahead of the game instead of being led inside with Pence. A staffer told the pool there was a chance Pence may depart early, but did not mention how early.

“Beauty is, it’s a free country so they can choose to do it or not. The messaging towards this unfortunately needs to continue to be redirected, I think. It’s never been about the national anthem. It’s never been about the military.” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “We’re all patriotic in the locker room. We love our troops. This is about something bigger than that — an invitation to show unity in the face of some divisiveness from the top in this country and I’m proud of our guys.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Pence protesting people who protest saying they should't be protesting. Hmm.
    Nothing wrong with protesting people protesting but while you are doing it, don't lie to your constituents by pretending you care for the country or what it stands for.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (He wasn't planning on sticking around for the game anyways- he had a flight to catch to California).

Thanks for the info Zippy. Do you know how much he paid for the tickets?

Nothing wrong with protesting people protesting but while you are doing it, don't lie to your constituents by pretending you care for the country or what it stands for.
    Do you know anybody who actually cared?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Do you know anybody who actually cared?
    Yea and his name is at the top of this page. His son cared some but people were easily seduced by the flashy, loud mouth, reality TV, friend to the Clinton con man in Trump.

I'm so proud to have a groveling globalist errand boy for my Vice President. It completely reaffirms the stature of our empire.

"I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence said in a statement.
    MUH KOOLAID
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

And arguably more meaningless with the Constitution.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-08-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    MUH KOOLAID
    LOL

Pence protesting people who protest saying they should't be protesting. Hmm. (He wasn't planning on sticking around for the game anyways- he had a flight to catch to California).

:
    The VP flies commercial? I would have assumed he had a government plane that flew when he was ready. Silly me.

This was a publicity stunt.

So kneeling in order to intentionally piss off half the country isn't a stunt, but walking out on that non-stunt is a stunt?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So kneeling in order to intentionally piss off half the country isn't a stunt, but walking out on that non-stunt is a stunt?
    You seem not to appreciate Zippy's intellectual prowess.

I am first and foremost anti imperialism and everything else comes second. Che fought the Americans and their imperialist ambitions in Cuba and South America like the fighting manic that he is up until his death. THAT IS WHY I HAVE A CHE AVATAR. I hope you can get that through your thick skull
    Hitler saved the German economy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

The VP flies commercial? I would have assumed he had a government plane that flew when he was ready. Silly me.

Doesn't say it was a commercial flight. Just says he was flying to California. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/v...visit-50351496

Vice President Pence plans California fundraising visit

Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to arrive in California this weekend for a fundraising trip in a state that overwhelmingly rejected his boss.

Pence was set to visit Los Angeles on Sunday for an evening reception. He was planning to raise money and talk about tax reform during a three-day trip in the state.

Pence was in Las Vegas on Saturday. He spoke at an afternoon prayer service honoring the 58 victims killed last Sunday in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The vice president was scheduled to fly to Indianapolis to attend Sunday's Colts football game before jetting to Los Angeles for a private 6:30 p.m. reception.

Pence and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy were scheduled to hold a luncheon fundraiser at a country club in wealthy Newport Beach on Monday, with tickets starting at $2,700 each, the Orange County Register reported (http://bit.ly/2yykHwR ), citing Republican National Committeeman Shawn Steel.

That was one of several stops Pence originally had planned for September. A breakfast event in Bakersfield and a Sacramento dinner also were cancelled because the vice president instead visited Florida to survey damage from Hurricane Irma.

The White House and Pence's office did not immediately confirm whether he would visit Sacramento and the agricultural Central Valley — where McCarthy's district is located — on this trip.

California, a majority Democratic state, rejected Donald Trump by about 4 million votes in the presidential election. Trump hasn't visited since he won office.
    That is a four and a half hour flight.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-08-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    You can't deny, just like juleswin, he had good intentions.

What kind of moron goes to a foo-ball game in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What kind of moron goes to a foo-ball game in the first place?
    Well, mostly woeman, manginas and minorities

Look no further than the demand for lead paint chips in 1945-1946!
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-08-2017 at 03:54 PM.

had a conversation with my neighbor this morning that shocked me. he is (was) an avid Seahawks fan - season tickets, green and blue wig, Wilson jersey, etc. I asked if he was looking forward to the game this afternoon. he told me that he is done with the NFL for now, talked about how disappointed he is with Michael Bennett, and mentioned that at the game last Sunday night he stood up and got high 5s from former soldiers and cops. he mentioned the troops dying for our rights to protest.

I couldn't bring myself to mention that those that fought and died for freedom of speech did so more than 200 years ago. I said something lame about "good for you for taking a stand."

did I mention that this guy is a trump supporter.
    i'm not sure that the intention is to piss off half the country though that seems to be the result. if I remember correctly, this is about how our over-armed overlords treat and mistreat their subjects
    Last edited by surf; 10-08-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    had a conversation with my neighbor this morning that shocked me. he is (was) an avid Seahawks fan - season tickets, green and blue wig, Wilson jersey, etc. I asked if he was looking forward to the game this afternoon. he told me that he is done with the NFL for now, talked about how disappointed he is with Michael Bennett, and mentioned that at the game last Sunday night he stood up and got high 5s from former soldiers and cops. he mentioned the troops dying for our rights to protest.

I couldn't bring myself to mention that those that fought and died for freedom of speech did so more than 200 years ago. I said something lame about "good for you for taking a stand."

did I mention that this guy is a trump supporter.
    This will bring down the economy in the area. There is nothing else going on.

Doesn't say it was a commercial flight. Just says he was flying to California. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/v...visit-50351496

That is a four and a half hour flight.
    With the 3 hour time difference, one can leave Indy at 5 and arrive in CA at 6:30p.
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-08-2017 at 04:01 PM.

And sponsored a showy Olympics rife with nationalistic pageantry. Kind of like the NFL.

Che fought for Communism, the most evil system in human history.

And what imperialism in South America was the United States engaged in? Funding the rebels against the Communist Sandinstas and fighting Allende in Chile? So you mean fighting slavery?

Cuba did not invade other countries. That is true. Though Castro did point nuclear weapons at the US and urge the USSR to use them. Castro and Che made every single person in Cuba a slave. Hugo Chavez prattled about fighting imperialism as well. Venezuela has hyperinflation and the people are starving. It turns out non-interventionist foreign policy is pointless if you combine it with Marxism. For some reason I would rather live in Bill Kristol and Lindsey Graham's America than a country ruled by Che or Castro. But that's just me.

With the 3 hour time difference, one can leave Indy at 5 and arrive in CA at 5.
    Leave Indy at 5:00 and you would arrive at 6:30- the time of the first meeting (three hour time change, 4.5 hour flight). If you figure an additional hour each way for getting to/ from the airport (maybe more for LA traffic!) and you need to leave by 3:00. Game started at 1:00. Most he could have stayed for is the first half.

(I see you corrected the 5:00 LA arrival time)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-08-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Leave Indy at 5:00 and you would arrive at 6:30- the time of the first meeting (three hour time change, 4.5 hour flight).
    Yeah, I caught that and changed it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast