Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Brannon is neck-and-neck with Richard Burr!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I'm heart broken. We make such a big deal of the presidential election, yet these bimbos in the Congress are really the ones in control. Yet, over and over again, we sign off on them for another fricken six year ??????? I do have to say, next time around Brannon needs to enter the race earlier and do some astounding things to get media attention. I never saw much at all in the local media, that he was even running.
    Yeah, I'm pissed. I thought Brannon did better against Tillis.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    From http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/north-carolina

373,203 votes, 15% reporting (408 of 2,709 precincts)

Richard Burr ...... 231,201 ... 62.0%
    Greg Brannon ...... 95,725 ... 25.6%
    Paul Wright ......... 28,163 .... 7.5%
    Larry Holmquist ... 18,114 .... 4.9%
    So the two supposedly anti-establishment candidates (Trump and Cruz) got a combined 72% of the vote. Yet the establishment incumbent got 62%.

That raises a question:

Did you vote for Donald Trump or Ted Cruz in #NorthCarolina? Did you vote for Senator Burr? If so, why did you vote for Burr? #NCSen

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's sickening to lose like this, we all know that. But the one thing that is more sickening is to be a candidate who pours years of your life into this fight only to have people reject you out of ignorance or apathy. I'm not in NC, but Greg is one of my favorite candidates. He and his family put so much on the line. I have known other less well known people who have done the same. And not just the candidates, but the volunteers. Its a pretty thankless job, and it gets mockery from the establishment and non voters alike.

So I just want to say thanks to all my friends in NC who did actually cast a vote for Brannon and other liberty candidates. It's an uphill battle with far too much defeat. We just have to use all the tools we have to try to make some difference. Sometimes a guy like Dave Brat wins.

I just want to be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Here's a message from Greg's wife.

I remember so well when the last campaign ended I felt thankful. Thankful that Greg Brannon is my husband and the best father to our children. I was satisfied that we ran the good race. I am still so very thankful for my husband. He laid it all on the line for our family & country.
    But tonight I am angry.
    I hope all those church leaders that were AFRAID to stand beside Greg -the only man in the race who has spent his entire career protecting unborn children are satisfied. Oh I know you are because it's all about power & money for the church in America. Yup I just said that. I am talking about the church-not Jesus.
    Congrats North Carolina Right to Life - you got your man back who can do favors for you & then funds Planned Parenthood. You hypocrites.
    And to the republican voters of NC, you senator didn't even stay in NC to hear the results of the race-he's back in DC already.
    And you folks who love your guns-keeping sending your dues to the NRA so they can fund campaigns of those who question the 2nd amendment.
    Politics is an ugly business.
    I guess I should be thankful we made it out alive but not unchanged.
    God is good, we live in a fallen world. Thankful this is just my temporary home.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

He should try running in the state legislature...if he still wants to run for elected office.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

It's the force of incumbency. McCain should have a tougher fight though. he's going for his sixth!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    He should try running in the state legislature...if he still wants to run for elected office.
    He's following the rand paul model. trying to get elected to a federal office, as an outsider, with no money. it probably doesn't work. Maybe congress. He obviously wants to go to Washington.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by wetroof View Post
    He's following the rand paul model. trying to get elected to a federal office, as an outsider, with no money. it probably doesn't work. Maybe congress. He obviously wants to go to Washington.
    I really wish he would use his name recognition to run for the State house now. It would be much easier now that he is more well known. I know it doesn't pay well but we need good people running state governments.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Rand caught lightning in a bottle, but he made sure to capitalize on the opportunity. We're really fortunate to have him in the Senate--that's why I don't understand why he gets so much grief from his own supporters.

But anyway, does the NC legislature have term limits? Brannon's federal campaigns could give him an edge in a state race...it's worked for a few people in Michigan.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Here's a message from Greg's wife.
    Wow. That is a strong woman. She should run.

Rand caught lightning in a bottle, but he made sure to capitalize on the opportunity. We're really fortunate to have him in the Senate--that's why I don't understand why he gets so much grief from his own supporters.
    Its because he won. Winning is to Libertarians as Lemons are to Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I think the second part can be answered by the polls that are always taken about how people perceive Congress vs. their own representatives in Congress ... they despise Congress (typically giving it a rating in single digits or teens), but they adore their own Congresscritters (typically rating them in the 90+ range; with rare exceptions).

As for President: what other position does everyone in the country vote for? Because of that, no POTUS candidate is ever going to get a 90+ rating. Top that off with the fantasy that many people have, that the President can somehow ride roughshod over Congress to make it accomplish something and get government running efficiently and effectively.
    Yeah, the cognitive dissonance is strong. The population loves double-think.

- I want this guy for President.
    - I want this guy who will oppose him in Senate.
    - Why can't they all get along and get things I want done?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For those who haven't heard yet, Greg is now running for the newly redistricted Congressional District 2. Against Congressman George Holding and Congresswoman Renee Ellmers. Brannon has lots of former patients and friends in this district. Should be interesting.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Renee-Ellmers
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

But anyway, does the NC legislature have term limits? Brannon's federal campaigns could give him an edge in a state race...it's worked for a few people in Michigan.
    Rand also raised multiple millions of dollars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12