Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When will the inevitable endorsement come?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Agree, and....

Let us pray.
    Rand has already said that he will support the eventual nominee. He won't walk that back. That is pretty much a given.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Rand has already said that he will support the eventual nominee. He won't walk that back. That is pretty much a given.
    I can still hope.
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I can still hope.
    If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I agree with this. Rand has already said he will support the eventual nominee. So it is going to happen and the "butt-hurt" is wasted ache. Quietly and late. Yes.
    I can't disagree more, its like voting for the Iraq war just because protesting against it won't stop it from passing. Rand can only gain our forgiveness for endorsing Romney, by not endorsing Trump.

The sooner, the better. Let's get it done.

Rand endorsed Romney well before the convention, and Trump is a much better choice than Mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    The sooner, the better. Let's get it done.

Rand endorsed Romney well before the convention, and Trump is a much better choice than Mitt.
    Yeah and everyone hated him for it and never forgave him.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah and everyone hated him for it and never forgave him.
    Sadly I must say his endorsement of Romney in 2012 was what caused my non-interest in his campaign this time around. I realized my mistake to late.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Of course Rand will endorse Trump. Anything to further and maintain his political position, what a far cry that is from his father.
    Nostalgic idealists have no place in politics, they belong perched on their ivory towers waiting for the rapture.

I can't disagree more, its like voting for the Iraq war just because protesting against it won't stop it from passing. Rand can only gain our forgiveness for endorsing Romney, by not endorsing Trump.
    The last thing Rand needs is forgiveness from someone who thinks like you. Foolishness like this is the reason why Rand struggled to gain any traction in the presidential election and ultimately how we ended up with somebody like Trump.

***UPDATE***
    Rand won't be endorsing Trump, a very, very close source told me, and unless he is keeping it secret from the source, he won't endorse trump

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    ***UPDATE***
    Rand won't be endorsing Trump, a very, very close source told me, and unless he is keeping it secret from the source, he won't endorse trump
    Don't screw with us man...

Are you serious?

If so, I need to go have a celebratory drink!

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Of course Rand will endorse Trump. Anything to further and maintain his political position, what a far cry that is from his father.
    Ron has endorsed far more bad candidates than Rand.

If by far cry, you are saying Rand has a better endorsement record, then you would be correct.

I would PM you who I found out from, but I don't know how to

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    The last thing Rand needs is forgiveness from someone who thinks like you. Foolishness like this is the reason why Rand struggled to gain any traction in the presidential election and ultimately how we ended up with somebody like Trump.
    He doesn't need forgiveness from people like me.. I'm still Randing right now are you?

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    I would PM you who I found out from, but I don't know how to
    Just click on my username.

On the menu that pops up, click the private message button.

If he wants my forgiveness he can stop playing games. He can endorse Satan for all I care because it has nothing to do with policy. Its sickening but its not policy which does matter.

Rand.....is a Kentucky delegate in July in Cleveland . . . he'll get to vote for Trump
    Very interesting, I did not know that, it will be interesting to see the votes from Kentucky at the convention, they break 17/15/7/7, he could cast his vote for one of the three other candidates there in protest.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

He doesn't need forgiveness from people like me.. I'm still Randing right now are you?
    Yes, and I'm also not making ridiculous analogies to acts of self-flagellation in the name of kowtowing to people who are never satisfied with anyone's politics but their own. The people who bailed on Rand over the Romney endorsement ought to be mercilessly pelted with jujubes every time they bring it up as far as I'm concerned, they are part of the problem, not the solution.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yes, and I'm also not making ridiculous analogies to acts of self-flagellation in the name of kowtowing to people who are never satisfied with anyone's politics but their own. The people who bailed on Rand over the Romney endorsement ought to be mercilessly pelted with jujubes every time they bring it up as far as I'm concerned, they are part of the problem, not the solution.
    I did vote for Rand when I voted tor Jones. How about me? I bolted because of his lying on Iran. I think the Romney endorsement was foreshadowing disappointments to come. I didn't like it but I didn't hold it against him.

Ok, I'll tell the source, it was his son who told me that Rand wouldn't endorse Trump, but his son may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I did vote for Rand when I voted tor Jones. How about me? I bolted because of his lying on Iran. I think the Romney endorsement was foreshadowing disappointments to come. I didn't like it but I didn't hold it against him.
    There's not liking something (I didn't like the Romney endorsement either, and I hate Romney with a passion) and then there is throwing a massive fit like a 2 year old child and not being able to let something go, the people I am talking about fall into the latter category. I'm also a bit disappointed at both Rand and Ron about not doing their homework on Ted Cruz, but few people bring that one up despite it being much more damaging than the Romney endorsement or the Mitch McConnell endorsement, probably because they have this warped, deified view of Ron Paul that is similar to how Trump supporters see their candidate.

He probably won't get much heat for not endorsing Trump. Lots of prominent Republicans aren't. Just today the Bushes and Ryan said they aren't.

Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermo...se-the-nominee
    May 5, 2016

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, asked on Thursday if he would endorse Donald Trump now that he’s the party’s presumptive nominee, answered that he has always said he would back the winner of the Republican primary.
    “You know, I’ve always said I’ll endorse the nominee,” Paul said in an interview with interviewed by radio host Leland Conway. “I said that even when I ran [for Senate] in 2010.”
    Paul then turned to criticizing Hillary Clinton.
    “To me it’s most important that people know that, for Kentucky, the Clinton’s will be terrible. I mean, she said she’s gonna put coal miners out of business.We’ve lost 10,000 jobs. So I think it’s almost the patriotic duty of anybody in Kentucky to oppose the Clintons because I think they’re rotten at the core, I think they’re dishonest people.”
    When he was running against Trump in January, Paul was a harsh critic of Trump, saying “a delusional narcissist and an orange-faced windbag,” and that “a speck of dirt is way more qualified to be president.” Paul also said Trump was disqualified for his eagerness to use nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    No- you simply fell for Washington's propaganda and didn't trust Rand.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/playing...the-iran-deal/

White House admits it played us for fools to sell Iran deal

The White House set up a digital response “war room” whose purpose was relentlessly to make the case that a vote against the deal was a vote for war.

The storyline they peddled was that the Iran deal had been negotiated in a furious round of back-and-forthing in 2014 and 2015, with the United States getting far better terms out of Iran than it expected due to the flexibility of a newly moderate government in Tehran.

It was, Samuels says, a deliberately misleading narrative. The general terms were actually hammered out in 2012 by the State Department officials, “I mean, I’d prefer a sober, reasoned public debate, after which members of Congress reflect and take a vote,” he tells Samuels. “But that’s impossible.”

He should just endorse after the convention by saying it's what he promised to do and he's a guy who doesn't break promises unlike other politicians. It's very reasonable IMO to endorse while saying why and that you are definitely holding your nose. I don't see why you couldn't add a little jab in there.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    He should just endorse after the convention by saying it's what he promised to do and he's a guy who doesn't break promises unlike other politicians. It's very reasonable IMO to endorse while saying why and that you are definitely holding your nose. I don't see why you couldn't add a little jab in there.
    Which is worse:

(a) I broke my meaningless pro forma pledge to endorse the nominee whoever it is, aw shucks...

Or, (b) I endorsed the male version of Hillary Clinton, whose radically unlibertarian policies I made a point of exposing during the primary

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    except at least 50% of RP supporters now support Trump.

you guys remind me of those people here who thought Ron Paul would clinch the nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    except at least 50% of RP supporters now support Trump.

you guys remind me of those people here who thought Ron Paul would clinch the nomination
    Baseless emotion-driven assertion refuted:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rump-supporter

A more recent poll shows even less support:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/poll.ph...do=showresults
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

if 25% supports Trump in a Poll on RPF, then we can safely assume 75% support Trump in the wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    if 25% supports Trump in a Poll on RPF, then we can safely assume 75% support Trump in the wild!
    Lol that's even more baseless.
    "I am a bird"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast