Thread: Bill Kristol leaves Fox News

Bill Kristol leaves Fox News

Fox News is pushing back at a report in Politico Friday morning that said the network ended a decade-long relationship with Bill Kristol as a contributor, in part, because of an incident in which Kristol and Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes had a disagreement.

The network rebuffed the incident, which Politico's Dylan Byers reported came in the summer of 2011 and involved Ailes asking Kristol to "take a negative stance toward a certain individual."

Byers reported, citing sources, that the incident "may have been a factor" — he also wrote that another factor that "may have played a role" was the network's courting of fellow conservative commentator George Will in October.

"Roger doesn't recall a specific or negative incident — he likes Bill and doesn't have an issue with him," a Fox News spokesperson told Business Insider in response.

"We made a lot of changes at the network and had been talking to George Will for some time. At this point, Bill's contract ran out and we declined to renew it."

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-...-ailes-2013-11
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kristol out and Will in. I'm happy.

Cough, cough.... $#@! Kristol, that piece of $#@! neocon scumbag. Glad he won't be on mundanetube anymore.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    Cough, cough.... $#@! Kristol, that piece of $#@! neocon scumbag. Glad he won't be on mundanetube anymore.
    Dream on. The first Sunday I saw George Will on Fox, I saw Kristol's smirking light bulb of a head on ABC.

Actually, that's pretty logical, since George Will has always been conservative and Kristol never was. Or it would be logical if Fox had ever actually been conservative...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Who is the person Ailes wanted Kristol to take a "negative stance" towards? That strikes me as the more interesting part of the story. And does this suggest that all the commentators currently still with Fox take their marching orders on their "stances" towards people based on what Ailes orders?
    Last edited by RonPaulMall; 11-06-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Kristol will just move on to CNN.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Kristol will just move on to CNN.
    Good. War mongers going back to their progressive roots will make our job much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Who is the person Ailes wanted Kristol to take a "negative stance" towards? That strikes me as the more interesting part of the story. And does this suggest that all the commentators currently still with Fox take their marching orders on their "stances" towards people based on what Ailes orders?
    Cenk Uygur left MSNBC for the same reason. Everything is fine until someone refuses to take the proper stance.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I was not even aware he worked for them .

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    yeah, unlike the rest of the Fox News channel