Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Dr. Paul is good for liberals, too.

!!
    Last edited by nuckle007; 09-10-2008 at 06:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    I agree... however, Almost every state is larger than the original 13 states combined...

I worry about what sort of tyranny a state like Texas means to enact.
    Well, at least decentralized and with states' rights restored, you'll be able to leave that tyranny without having to leave the nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, at least decentralized and with states' rights restored, you'll be able to leave that tyranny without having to leave the nation.
    A student of history would disagree.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    A student of history would disagree.
    I'm a bit of one myself. History is full of slides into stupidity and uncomfortable corrections. I see our job here as making the correction as non-uncomfortable as possible and putting us in the best possible place when it's over (i.e., on a high enough plateau that we can slide a long way before we find ourselves in the muck again).

I feel sure you can appreciate that, my friend.

The more the federal government screws up, the more Republicans stand by it--never mind progressives. It's insane.

That said, the insanity of Washington far outstrips the insanity of the public. The federal government is alienating everyone, left and right, red and blue. You won't see that fact on CNN, but it's true.

The threat of tyranny had better make strange bedfellows soon, or it will turn into existential tyranny.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-24-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The more the federal government screws up, the more Republicans stand by it--never mind progressives. It's insane.

That said, the insanity of Washington far outstrips the insanity of the public. The federal government is alienating everyone, left and right, red and blue. You won't see that fact on CNN, but it's true.

The threat of tyranny had better make strange bedfellows soon, or it will turn into existential tyranny.
    You are on a roll tonight and I appreciate it very much. If only more folks would see the reality we could at least push some of this back. The problem is, even on this RPF forum, for the most part nobody is holding Trump and the administration accountable for anything.

Most dangerous is the fact that this administration is engaging corporatist companies to do the deeds, such as Operation Warp Speed, Moderna and Gate's agenda, and other bio-tech police-state-apparatus public/private ventures, so that when said and done, "voting" folks in/out of office will have no affect at all. It is FASCISM and it is moving at exponential speed.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12