Thread: Ron Paul is not allowed in my HS yearbook!

Ron Paul is not allowed in my HS yearbook!

My senior yearbook quote was supposed to be “Don’t steal, the government hates competition”-Ron Paul, however I was recently informed that it was removed and replaced with a generic quote. The yearbook staff and school administration screen all senior quotes and remove those that are hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence. I figured that there would be a slight possibility of it being removed, however I am still disappointed.

P.S. There is a possibility that I could speak at graduation, any ideas of how to work the quote into a graduation speech?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Find a better Ron Paul quote. Seems simple to me. He says a lot of great things. And be glad you are having graduation. A lot of kids aren’t going to get to walk.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    My senior yearbook quote was supposed to be “Don’t steal, the government hates competition”-Ron Paul, however I was recently informed that it was removed and replaced with a generic quote. The yearbook staff and school administration screen all senior quotes and remove those that are hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence. I figured that there would be a slight possibility of it being removed, however I am still disappointed.

P.S. There is a possibility that I could speak at graduation, any ideas of how to work the quote into a graduation speech?
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Truth is treason is the best!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Find a better Ron Paul quote.
    'Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through the force of arms.'--Ron Paul

'Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.'--Ron Paul
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-26-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Some good ones here @acptulsa

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ron-paul-quotes

This one is a bit controversial:

When things go badly, individuals look for scapegoats. I just do not believe that barbed-wire fences or guns on our border will solve any of our problems.

Ron Paul

Demand to see their written policy and explain to you how the quote provided violates that policy.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Find a better Ron Paul quote. Seems simple to me. He says a lot of great things. And be glad you are having graduation. A lot of kids aren’t going to get to walk.
    Well that’s where the possibility comes in, we may not have graduation. I could see a ceremony in July or something if this declines with the summer.

For the others, their policy is that removed quotes cannot be replaced with another quote of your choosing. The yearbook staff replaces it with a generic quote.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through the force of arms.'--Ron Paul
    I love this. A HS yearbook quote is about inspiring your classmates, not making a political statement. This is perfect and would be a very nice theme for a speech.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I love this. A HS yearbook quote is about inspiring your classmates, not making a political statement. This is perfect and would be a very nice theme for a speech.
    I like that quote, thank you to those who mentioned it. If I am able to speak at graduation, I will try to incorporate that into my speech. I think that it would be a good message to include in a speech, with the bonus of being able to include Ron Paul. One of my former science teachers is a big Ron Paul guy and I’m sure he will love it. As for making political statements in the yearbook, they are allowed and fairly common. Nowadays, at least in my high school, yearbook quotes are more of a personal message of who you are. I found “Don’t steal, the government hates competition” to be fairly nonpartisan in comparison to other allowed political quotes, as both left and right can find something they don’t like about government in general. I am disappointed that they removed the quote as their quote removal policy appears to be inconsistent.

$10 if you woulda put a Bernie, Warren, or some other lame Dem quote in there, it wouldn't have been scrubbed.
    This is how the memory blackhole goes, folks.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The yearbook staff and school administration screen all senior quotes and remove those that are hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence.
    This puzzles me because I can't figure out how the staff or administration equated Ron Paul's statement to "hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence." I'm guessing there was no explanation offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    This puzzles me because I can't figure out how the staff or administration equated Ron Paul's statement to "hate speech, inside jokes, and references to drugs/sex/violence." I'm guessing there was no explanation offered?
    Ron Paul is a racist, don't you know that?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    The Powers that Be hate it when Ron Paul speaks.

Why? How do you define "hate speech"?