Thread: Impeachment Vote Today: Constitutional Duty Or Political Farce?

Impeachment Vote Today: Constitutional Duty Or Political Farce?

Impeachment Vote Today: Constitutional Duty Or Political Farce?

The Democrat-controlled US House of Representatives is expected to vote for two articles of impeachment against President Trump today and the articles are expected to die in the Republican-controlled Senate. Is Congress doing its Constitutional duty to remove a president abusing his power and obstructing Congress, or is this a prosecution in search of a crime?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Farce.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Let's imagine if the democrats controlled both the senate and house. And they impeached and removed Trump for this bull$#@!. What is to stop them from removing Pence next? Place Pelosi on the throne. Completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Let's imagine if the democrats controlled both the senate and house. And they impeached and removed Trump for this bull$#@!. What is to stop them from removing Pence next? Place Pelosi on the throne. Completely ridiculous.
    They would have to have 2/3 in the Senate...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Farce.
    Ron called it “a bunch of malarkey”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Some highlights from this episode:

Ron 1:45 - “It’s a bunch of malarkey.”
    Ron 4:50 - “Obstruction of Congress? I didn’t think that was such a bad idea, why doesn’t he obstruct about 90% of those laws they keep passing?”
    Ron 5:20 - “Abuse of power? ... The system is abuse of power.”
    Daniel 10:00 - Democrats are trying to divert from their own crimes.
    Ron 12:00 - “Everything in Washington is quid pro quo. ... under a system where government controls everything.”
    Ron 12:30 - What annoys him most are the hypocrites that are citing the Constitution.
    Ron 21:40 - Send thank you notes to Nancy Pelosi if you are a Republican for helping in the upcoming election.

Constitutional duty just sounds so darn patriotic, I'm going to have to go with that. I'm sure @TheTexan would agree.

Maybe we should have a poll?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well according to Biden 2020, he's all about "No Malarkey"
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Farce.

I can't help but notice that the Democrats have not included any US Code or cited any law that they are alleging Trump has broken.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Constitutional duty just sounds so darn patriotic, I'm going to have to go with that. I'm sure @TheTexan would agree.

Maybe we should have a poll?
    I am in 100% agreement that there should definitely be a poll.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

As the gentleman from Georgia said, it’s a goat rodeo.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That would be correct
    Do something Danke

Is this one issue that Mitt Romney had better not flipflop on? Either way....if he decides to vote a certain way,
    he looks like a total idiot if he reverses himself. As far as this goes, DJT is much safer if there is a 50/50 split in
    the U.S Senate, that is very partisan. Any GOP doubts may doom his presidency...if............if...if...............