Thread: Will RPF's Thomas Massie continue Ron Paul's legacy? (Washington Times)

Will RPF's Thomas Massie continue Ron Paul's legacy? (Washington Times)

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...is-house-seat/

Thomas Massie is probably the only new candidate on that list with a real chance of winning this year. He would be the first member of Ron Paul Forums to be elected to the US Congress.

Donate! https://secure.thomasmassie.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BUMP
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I haven't heard of Thomas Massie,please don't beat me down. Ill look at his record.

Fill this application out and submit it for employment
    http://www.arbys.com/careers.html
    Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 02-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Thomas has real Tea Party support and he has the leftover Rand Paul 2010 machine who can't wait to replace Davis' seat with a strong fiscal conservative. It is very promising.

Everyone needs to get behind Thomas right now. I firmly believe that he is the leader of the next wave of liberty to hit Congress and I can see his name on a Presidential ballot one day but only if we all work to get him elected in the first place.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Thomas Massie would be a great asset to the Liberty Movement. He has supported Ron and Rand in the past. He is a RPF member. He has a great resume and is really smart. He is in a strong GOP district where if he wins the primary he will win the general easily. If you live in the area, please consider volunteering. If you have some extra scratch, please consider donating.

I'm just across the river from that district. I need to see if there is any way I can help him out!

Quote Originally Posted by seyferjm View Post
    I'm just across the river from that district. I need to see if there is any way I can help him out!
    Thanks!

+ rep

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BTW, I did an issues check and was OK with his reply here (this is a hit piece - but one that tells me his likely OK):

When confronted with the fact that Kentucky is one of the top five states in the nation with drug related deaths Massie was asked if he felt there was a role for the federal government to create a national prescription pill monitoring system and whether he'd push for something like this in Congress. Once again, the disconnect between his "theories" and reality was apparent.

"No, I think the federal government should stay out of this. I believe it is a state issue," Massie replied. Alessi pressed further reminding him that pills have been flowing into Kentucky from Florida where it is easier to get them and asked Massie if this wouldn't then be an "Interstate Commerce" issue.

Massie replied, "I think the Interstate Commerce Clause is abused, you know they kind of use that as a free path through our Constitution, and no, I don't believe that's a federal issue....I mean, we deal with it in our county in the jail...We need more counseling centers....If there's more economic opportunity there are going to be fewer people resorting to drugs...as an abuse to get away from the reality of life." (Tape beginning at 5:45)

www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2012/01/thomas-massie-interview-not-so-good.html
    Last edited by The Free Hornet; 07-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    Done:

BTW, I did an issues check and was OK with his reply here (this is a hit piece - but one that tells me his likely OK):
    The guy who wrote that is running against him in the same race (Marcus Carey).

God dammit every time Marcus Carey opens his mouth something stupid comes out.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Go Massie!
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The guy who wrote that is running against him in the same race (Marcus Carey).
    Marcus Carey wasn't a candidate when that piece was written. He was an early supporter of Rand Paul in Ky and usually is pretty hard on the establishment. I looked at his blog and saw where Carey outed Massie for meeting with a known establishment bundler. Can we be sure Massie is what he says he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of A Patriot View Post
    Marcus Carey wasn't a candidate when that piece was written. He was an early supporter of Rand Paul in Ky and usually is pretty hard on the establishment. I looked at his blog and saw where Carey outed Massie for meeting with a known establishment bundler. Can we be sure Massie is what he says he is?
    Look at his donation records

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Look at his donation records
    Over $1000 to Ron this cycle.

$1500 to Rand last cycle.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, a lot of us on the forum know Thomas. Because Thomas is also here on the forum.

Carey is the one who isn't who he says he is.

That you Marcus?

I will come right out and say it. Are you Marcus Carey?

No use in keeping my thoughts to myself.

this is good news, this is how we take the Govt back.
    Dr.Paul is doing what he can, but as we know the inertia is with the establishment and it would be hard to shake off.
    We need to get involved in the GOP at local level and keep spreading the message of Liberty.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    Done:

That seems more of a general critique on Marcus Carey's part about an issue, which I think is fair. He was one of my favorite blogs to read during Rand Paul's campaign, and he's good on issues in general. As someone who seemed to me, in his blog posts, to be on the side of individual responsibility, I wonder if he is approving of the Interstate Commerce Clause as interpreted today. Not sure if I've ever seen his position on it, but if he's ever read Woods or Gutzman, he would surely see that the pitfalls of the how the clause is interpreted today surely outweighs any negligible positives -- negligible in the sense of what good has it done to stop illegal narcotics trafficking.
    I am disappointed that he is running against Mr Massie. From the few messages I've sent Massie over time, he has proven to be a tireless and thoughtful advocate for constitutional government. I had originally thought Marcus Carey's views would parallel Massie's conservatism, but perhaps Carey falls more along the line of a big government "Santorumesque" type. I don't know, who knows. Either way, disappointing he's taking a shot at Massie on an issue that we certainly aren't' deal with correctly now. Let's not double-down on the abject failure that is the drug war.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Didn't that so called establishment bundler donate to Rand and Carey? (Hmmm... nice try) Massie is the real deal, and will be a great congressman once he wins. Heck, we're going to need a bunch of them with RP leaving the House..

Info on the donation:

http://mycn2.com/politics/massie-and...ussed-superpac

Also, Carey never donated to rand in the primary, but massie did.

Who is the one being not who they pretend to be?

Carey is hard on the establishment? Wasn't he "THE establishment" at one point?
    Last edited by JasonC; 03-01-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    - Jimi Hendrix

"If one rejects laissez faire on account of mans fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action."
    - Ludwig Von Mises, Planning for Freedom

I will definitely donate, and campaign for Thomas. After all he will mention me in his book(s). (When he writes them.)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    Didn't that so called establishment bundler donate to Rand and Carey? (Hmmm... nice try) Massie is the real deal, and will be a great congressman once he wins. Heck, we're going to need a bunch of them with RP leaving the House..

Info on the donation:

http://mycn2.com/politics/massie-and...ussed-superpac

Also, Carey never donated to rand in the primary, but massie did.

Who is the one being not who they pretend to be?

Carey is hard on the establishment? Wasn't he "THE establishment" at one point?
    Yeah that's confusing, as I always thought Mr. Carey was part of the establishment, but unafraid to examine issues on his blog from a traditional conservative perspective. Attacking Massie on the Interstate Commerce Clause makes me reconsider what I thought before.

bump.

Pretty excited for this race.

While I am excited for Massie, I am even more excited by the prospects have having multiple Ron Paul Republicans inside the federal government! I understand the extra exciting nature of Mr. Massie's campaign, but I just want to remind everyone that the more Ron Paul Republicans we can get in the better, so try not to focus too exclusively.