Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huffington Post: Ron Paul Can Win

Huffington Post: Ron Paul Can Win

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-..._b_939993.html

Talks about Churchill, Labour Party, China & Long March of Mao, etc. to frame the discussion of an idea whose time has come.

Specifically, on all the metrics that a year ago everyone accepted as useful indicators of political standing, Ron Paul is not just a front-runner but a strong one.

First, and most directly, he does extremely well in polls. The organization of his grassroots support is not just excellent; it is remarkable, by historic and global measures. His ability to raise money from actual voters is second to none. His appeal to independents and swing voters is an order of magnitude greater than that of his competitors. Secondarily, he has more support from military personnel than all other candidates put together, if measured by donations; he has the most consistent voting record; he has the magical quality of not coming off as a politician; he oozes integrity and authenticity, and, as far as we know, he has a personal life and marriage that reflects deep stability and commitment.

If Paul wins, it won't be because he is the kind of candidate Americans have always gone for. It will be precisely because Americans have collectively decided on a dramatically new way of doing business -- a new political and economic paradigm -- and then he'll not only have ceased to be a long shot; he'll be the only shot.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry, had to get off the floor there. This came from huffingtonpost?
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

It's hard to tell if the idea that Ron Paul cannot win in 2012 is more ignorant, in its complete lack of historical sophistication, or more arrogant, in its claim to certainty amid all the complexity of 300 million lives and the myriad issues that affect them.
    I was lost after that intro.

Wow, when I saw "Huffington Post" I automatically read your thread title as "Ron Paul Can't Win".
    I had to read that headline a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
    Nice

Great article and metaphor. The sand is shifting!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I was lost after that intro.
    You should at least scroll to the last paragraph

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You should at least scroll to the last paragraph
    I don't need to be affirmed by the hack job writer who's perspective is that Ron Paul and voters are arrogant.He must be a typical boot licker.

Send this to you liberal friends. But, if you're surrounded by neocons as I am, this just reinforces the idea that Ron Paul is a liberal because, "if someone at huffpo endorses him, why would any conservative?"
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Great article. However, he already is our only shot.

after reading that article all I gotta say is...

dang it, I love you guys
    *group hug*

I don't need to be affirmed by the hack job writer who's perspective is that Ron Paul and voters are arrogant.He must be a typical boot licker.
    Re read that paragraph.

It's hard to tell if the idea that Ron Paul cannot win in 2012 is more ignorant, in its complete lack of historical sophistication, or more arrogant, in its claim to certainty amid all the complexity of 300 million lives and the myriad issues that affect them.
    They are saying that the idea that the media puts forward "He can not win" is the ignorant/arrogant view. Arrogant in that it believes it knows the way 300 million people will vote and think etc.

Wish this article would go viral. Someone should email it to Bill O'Riley an Dick Morris.

I believe this article is from the same fellow who started the Blue Republicans is it not?
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    I believe this article is from the same fellow who started the Blue Republicans is it not?

Yes it is. He's doing a good job for us, and I'm surprised they haven't shut him up over there at Huffpo yet.

Been bugging me awhile, why would the GOP NOT want the Blue Republicans. It was the Reagan democrats that won those elections was it not?
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

I would compare Ron Paul's becoming presidency more to James Garfield than I would to Churchill the blood lusting man.

This "hack job boot licker" is saying those who believe Ron Paul cannot win are ignorant or arrogant. He's the guy pushing for the Blue Republican movement to vote for Ron Paul on Huffington Post.

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshOU View Post
    Send this to you liberal friends. But, if you're surrounded by neocons as I am, this just reinforces the idea that Ron Paul is a liberal because, "if someone at huffpo endorses him, why would any conservative?"
    Yep, same problem I have. :/
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

All your voter base are belong to us!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwooshOU View Post
    this just reinforces the idea that Ron Paul is a liberal because, "if someone at huffpo endorses him, why would any conservative?"
    Ron Paul knows how to make coalitions to find topics that people from all parties can agree upon. Ron Paul doesn't compromise, and that's why he's never voted to increase taxes or raise the debt ceiling.

If the person wants a silly example for their silly view, you could point out liberals like eating food every day.

Don't forget to follow him and re-tweet his article!

http://twitter.com/#!/BlueRep
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

I'm pretty sure the editor forgot to add the 't

I would compare Ron Paul's becoming presidency more to James Garfield than I would to Churchill the blood lusting man.
    I think maybe you need some sleep; you read into that the wrong way. It was one of the best written pieces on Dr Paul that I have read all year. You joined the forum THIS month and have over 1000 posts...? Get some rest and then read the article again, you'll enjoy it.

You're kidding, right...?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast