Thread: Nodding heads: Excessive nods of acknowledgement.

Question Nodding heads: Excessive nods of acknowledgement.

Excessive nods of acknowledgement.

Am I the only one who sees way too many talking heads on TV nodding their heads to reinforce what the other heads are saying? Is this a way to manufacture consent? Is there a correlation between the length of nodding and political affiliation/gender?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's actually morse code.

It's how the lizard people communicate.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Yeah, it's a lizard thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's actually morse code.

It's how the lizard people communicate.
    LOL, that is quite true....

I find myself shaking my head No all the time . Sometimes I do it when I see they are about to speak . Say I have been outside shoveling rock all day . I come in and sit in my leather chair . Mrs O comes in and starts to open her mouth and tell me she wants something done. I start shaking my head no before she starts .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I find myself shaking my head No all the time . Sometimes I do it when I see they are about to speak . Say I have been outside shoveling rock all day . I come in and sit in my leather chair . Mrs O comes in and starts to open her mouth and tell me she wants something done. I start shaking my head no before she starts .
    Good thinking. I try not to nod or Mr A starts thinking of "jobs" for me to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I remember when Bernie Sanders came out giving a speech endorsing Hillary, all she did during his speech was nod her head.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I find myself shaking my head No all the time .
    Me too, usually its when some kids in the vicinity are about to do something they really shouldn't be doing -- eg: like about to throw rocks into a street with traffic -- and they look up real quick to see if any adults are watching and I am; because I knew what they were thinking of doing. I just give them a real slow NO head shake while maintaining eye contact and they wise up real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I remember when Bernie Sanders came out giving a speech endorsing Hillary, all she did during his speech was nod her head.
    Pelosi is a brainless head bobber too.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Me too, usually its when some kids in the vicinity are about to do something they really shouldn't be doing -- eg: like about to throw rocks into a street with traffic -- and they look up real quick to see if any adults are watching and I am; because I knew what they were thinking of doing. I just give them a real slow NO head shake while maintaining eye contact and they wise up real quick.
    Yes , that is when I perfected it . As a parent . At the same time I was a parent I was also a factory supervisor . So I would use the same on the 18 - 21 yr old males at work as I did on my kids .
    Do something Danke