Thread: Rand Paul on Meet the Press w/ Chuck Todd 11/10/19

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chuck Todd is such a douchebag.

He asks when will anyone in government be held accountable, but you know there is only one person he wants to “hold accountable”, and by “standards” that stretch credibility beyond the breaking point. The BAMN left always tries to dishonestly play the fairness and rule of law angle against the right.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Very good interview by Rand. Note that he's one of the few people that get it. Quid pro quo is neither a necessary nor sufficient condition for impeachment. Rand points out the double standard and points out the legal requirement to condition aid on clearing a country of corruption without going out on a limb like @Swordsmyth and suggesting that a politically targeted investigation becomes okay. It's a question of fact as to whether the investigation of Biden was politically targeted or not. Personally I think Trump's strategy from the beginning, drunk monkey that he is, was to try to get impeached. There's no other explanation for his openly calling for China to investigate the Bidens. Obviously China isn't going to do Trump any favors. The effect of all of this is that Joe Biden is no longer the Democratic front runner. And the more Trump's enemies in the media simultaneously say, as Jake Tapper did, that what Hunter Biden did looks "swampy" but "he didn't do anything wrong" the less credibility they have going forward. When the trial happens in the Senate, and it will, Republicans will be in charge and this circus will turn into a Biden roasting. Really Trump is in more trouble with the Roger Stone trial than he is with the current impeachment circus.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Todd
    All that does is condition us to more bad behavior. When do we put a stop to it?
    When people just like you stop making excuses for half the bad behavior, and punishing bad behavior ceases to be a partisan activity.

What could smooth the path to Trump's impeachment more than Clinton's indictment? Suddenly the argument that it's not partisan politics, it's the pursuit of justice, would hold water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When people just like you stop making excuses for half the bad behavior, and punishing bad behavior ceases to be a partisan activity.

What could smooth the path to Trump's impeachment more than Clinton's indictment? Suddenly the argument that it's not partisan politics, it's the pursuit of justice, would hold water.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Two wrongs may not make a right. There were more than two wrongs. There may have been so many wrongs that precedent has been established.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Two wrongs may not make a right. There were more than two wrongs. There may have been so many wrongs that precedent has been established.
    +rep

Q: How many wrongs make a right?

A: Enough to set precedent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.