Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul needs $4.2 million by the end of November

Ron Paul needs $4.2 million by the end of November

I recieved a letter in my mailbox today from Ron Paul. The last part of the letter discusses what the campaign plans to do in the next couple of months.

Quoting a few paragraphs from Ron's letter:

"You see, over the next 90 days, we will need to unleash our campaign's largest wave of ads and voter contact initiatives to date."

"The total cost for this vital messaging plan is $5.2 million."

"A million dollar ad and mail blitz this month marked the beginning of the first wave of this effort."

"But we will need to raise an additional $4.2 million by the end of November to be able to carry out this entire plan."

"This will include TV, radio, and mail in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and more. It will include running internet ads nationwide and putting solid teams of workers on the ground."
    Last edited by 1stAmendguy; 10-24-2011 at 01:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should be easy if the 11/11 moneybomb comes anywhere near the Nov 5th '07 moneybomb. Quite a challenge if it bombs.

Yeah I got the same letter in my snail mail today too.

I've always thought the campaign needs about $8 million this quarter to really spread the message. Come on guys, let's get them at least $3 million on November 11th!!

4 million? We can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    4 million? We can handle that.
    Easy peasy lemon squeezey

Does the letter make reference to the moneybomb that just happened? I wonder if they counted in the $2.7m raised or if the letter was written before hand

Im donating on Wednesday (payday) if thats the case. Thanks for the heads up!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not bad. We will hit that and then some!

We need to push the moneybomb and 5 dollar fridays for Ron Paul 2012 I just created it have not pushed it, but take it and run with it!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164429353651344

guess we have our goal for the 11th...

I wish they would be more detailed :
    Does the campaign need the 4 million by the end of november to invest it for December ads?
    Does the campaign need the 4 million by the beginning of november to invest it for ads in November?
    HOW soon does the campaign need that money specifically so it can invest the money on time for whatever it plans?
    ..It would be nice if we knew these details more,I know in 2007 the fundraising kinda lagged behind the actions in which the campaign needed to take. Millions upon millions of dollars come in too late for the campaign to run ads,and I just hope that doesnt happen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Does the letter make reference to the moneybomb that just happened? I wonder if they counted in the $2.7m raised or if the letter was written before hand
    It doesn't mention the Black This Out moneybomb, however the letter was dated October 19th - the same day.

Let's just focus on getting them as much as we can.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmendguy View Post
    I recieved a letter in my mailbox today from Ron Paul. The last part of the letter discusses what the campaign plans to do in the next couple of months.

Quoting a few paragraphs from Ron's letter:

"You see, over the next 90 days, we will need to unleash our campaign's largest wave of ads and voter contact initiatives to date."

"The total cost for this vital messaging plan is $5.2 million."

"A million dollar ad and mail blitz this month marked the beginning of the first wave of this effort."

"But we will need to raise an additional $4.2 million by the end of November to be able to carry out this entire plan."

"This will include TV, radio, and mail in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and more. It will include running internet ads nationwide and putting solid teams of workers on the ground."
    I say we make $4mil the goal for the 11/11/11 moneybomb. By the way, have we decided on a name yet?
    I am the spoon.

The letter says that they planned a 5.2 million dollar ad campaign and the they started with the first wave of ads that just went out. They need another 4.2 million to continue this advertiseing plan. They need an additional 4.2 million by the end of november, I think it's implying on top of Black THIS Out which means that the November moneybombs need to rake in over 4 million dollars. I know we can do it. November 5th and November 11th are both perfect days and between the two of them we could raise even 5 million dollars. I have a feeling this 4th quarter will raise the most in a single quarter we have ever raised for Paul that includes the 2007-2008 campaign!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I say we make $4mil the goal for the 11/11/11 moneybomb. By the way, have we decided on a name yet?
    Sorry, but if BTO only raised 2+ mil then 11/11/11 has little chance of $4 mil considering BTO had more time and better planning.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    HOW soon does the campaign need that money specifically so it can invest the money on time for whatever it plans?
    ASAP, as in yesterday would have be nice so they wouldnt have to send an email.

The money bomb is a good idea and all, but we have to keep it rolling in folks.
    Pick a reasonable number, and when you have that much, donate it.
    For instance I think $5 Fridays are a great idea.
    Think if the people that donated to blackthisout alone just dropped $5 every friday. That'd be $200,000 a week, which to be fair is only about ¼ of the goal, but its a start and the faster we can get boots on the ground and some ads launched the better.
    Time is NOT on our side.
    Last edited by Steve-in-NY; 10-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I wish they would be more detailed :
    Does the campaign need the 4 million by the end of november to invest it for December ads?
    Does the campaign need the 4 million by the beginning of november to invest it for ads in November?
    ..It would be nice if we knew these details more,I know in 2007 the fundraising kinda lagged behind the actions in which the campaign needed to take. Millions upon millions of dollars come in too late for the campaign to run ads,and I just hope that doesnt happen this time.
    The total cost of their message is $5.2M. They need $4.2M by the end of November. The money will pay for television and radio spots, internet ads and a ground team. The letter was drafted before the BTO moneybomb, so it seems to me that we're already half-way to their goal.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 10-24-2011 at 03:15 PM.

None of this means the ONLINE money-bomb needs to make $4 million. We are not the only people donating. If the campaign can't make any of that money the old-fashion way. We got serious problems.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    None of this means the ONLINE money-bomb needs to make $4 million. We are not the only people donating. If the campaign can't make any of that money the old-fashion way. We got serious problems.
    They are clearly making money other ways than through money bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    They are clearly making money other ways than through money bombs.
    I know that. But we see "needs 4.2" and now the next moneybomb, which is in 2 weeks needs to make $4 million? I want it to, but the NEED stuff causes a lot of un-needed pressure.

Twitter

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    Whats the old fashion way? Laying bed with big corporations and special "groups?"

Ya, we are just about all Ron's got when it comes to rolling in money. Most of us don't have much, but RON has NUMBERS. He has ALL of us. We make a formidable team against the enemy MSM and big corporate Americka. They are hoping to rule with fascism under the disguise of "helping the helpless" We believe freedom is the answer,and want to rule our own lives.

We need to work very hard on raising as much as possible at these moneybombs. We also need to be more creative and find other ways to connect with potential voters and donors. We NEED more community outreach, that is something that EACH person here could get involved with, no excuses.

I would make it my goal to give Ron 4.25 million, and stop hoping the campaign relys on "old fashion." We are the Ron Paul movement. Ron Paul is just a guy...

My husband and I both got the letter today too. If you can give again this soon after BTO, just do it now in my opinion. I might get screamed at for this, but the sooner RP gets the money the quicker they can use it on more ads.

Don't wait for the next money bomb if you don't have to...
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Paul campaign said they brought in 1 million BETWEEN the EOTQP and BTO. That is less then a month, if they can keep up that momentum, they should be doing pretty good.

november = moneybomb month

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Whats the old fashion way? Laying bed with big corporations and special "groups?"

Ya, we are just about all Ron's got when it comes to rolling in money. Most of us don't have much, but RON has NUMBERS. He has ALL of us. We make a formidable team against the enemy MSM and big corporate Americka. They are hoping to rule with fascism under the disguise of "helping the helpless" We believe freedom is the answer,and want to rule our own lives.

We need to work very hard on raising as much as possible at these moneybombs. We also need to be more creative and find other ways to connect with potential voters and donors. We NEED more community outreach, that is something that EACH person here could get involved with, no excuses.

I would make it my goal to give Ron 4.25 million, and stop hoping the campaign relys on "old fashion." We are the Ron Paul movement. Ron Paul is just a guy...
    no...I meant NON internet donations. This is what I'm talking about.

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-in-NY View Post
    ASAP, as in yesterday would have be nice so they wouldnt have to send an email.

The money bomb is a good idea and all, but we have to keep it rolling in folks.
    Pick a reasonable number, and when you have that much, donate it.
    For instance I think $5 Fridays are a great idea.
    Think if the people that donated to blackthisout alone just dropped $5 every friday. That'd be $200,000 a week, which to be fair is only about ¼ of the goal, but its a start and the faster we can get boots on the ground and some ads launched the better.
    Time is NOT on our side.
    That is really not a good plan. A high percentage of the donation would be eaten up by the credit card companies in transaction fees. So, if you want to do this, the only viable way to do it is to mail in checks.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    Yeah I got the same letter in my snail mail today too.
    Is there a way to make them stop sending mail to us? I hate that they waste stamps and all that on me.

Quote Originally Posted by traviskicks View Post
    Is there a way to make them stop sending mail to us? I hate that they waste stamps and all that on me.
    call the nearest campaign office and let them know. while you're at it donate $10 to cover the mail you've already received

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast