Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S-Led Coalition Shoots Down Syrian Warplane

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'd take a cuck over a senile billionaire who is completely clueless to what is going on. Verbal skills have precariously dropped over the years. All the so-called 4d chess is nothing more than senility which is why Priebus is so guarded with him. Melania knows what's going on, I suspect. She's an asset trying to protect him. I suspect the poor sleeping habits are not aiding his condition either.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...early-dementia
    His configuration of speech has always been weird.

I was surprised that Johnny Depp was the only source I ever heard mention this very obvious component of Trump. I also think that his reactions are exactly as Depp described him: A BRAT.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This situations should be de-escalated quickly, this is path towards direct hostilities between Russia and US. A direct military confrontation between Russia-US would be a huge blunder , indirect fighting via proxy wars would be best for US economic interests. Sustainied military warfare and high mideast tensions between proxy agents of the two powers could generate sustaned revenue streams from weapons sales like recent lucrative $100 Billion plus arms deals with Saudi dictators and Qatar etc.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    yea. it used to be good source of info. now i don't go there anymore.

this proves the point you need p2p self regulating reddit type of forum.
    I wonder if Usenet works any more? A quick search shows $10-15/month access is available. Too bad ISPs have eliminated it -- it seems to be a fitting solution to the problem space. (Although it was more "wild-west" than "self regulating"...)

Russia Won't Down Every Coalition's Aircraft in Syria Automatically

"The decisions will be made in each case individually, the targets will not be attacked automatically.
    But in case of aggressive acts from the United States,
    these actions will be strictly stopped by the Russian Aerospace Forces,"
    -- First Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation Council's Committee on Defense and Security Frants Klintsevich

aka: They will track them, lock on them, but won´t shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    yea. it used to be good source of info. now i don't go there anymore.

this proves the point you need p2p self regulating reddit type of forum.
    /r/the_donald is self regulated. The problem is that the regulators have an agenda - protection of His Orangeness at all costs - that is incompatible with actual discussion of the issues. Like Trump himself, they only pretended to be on the side of free speech and such during the campaign, but now that free discussion of information is inconvenient to them they have experienced a sudden change of heart.

That wouldn't change no matter the format. So long as someone has ownership of the platform, they can censor it. Even on usenet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Yesterday a U.S. F-18 jet shot down a Syrian air force bomber near the city of Raqqa.
    The U.S. Central Command ludicrously claims that this was in "self defense" of its invading forces and its Kurdish proxies (Syria Democratic Forces - SDF)
    within a "deconflicting zone" in the town of Jardin.

This is a lie. Neither is there any agreed upon "deconflicting zone" in the area
    nor was the town of Jardin held by SDF forces at the time of the attack.

MORE

A few hours before the Syrian jet was shot down Tiger Forces had already taken the town of Jardin:

Yusha Yuseef ����‏Verified account @MIG29_
    Breaking , SAA Tiger Forces liberate Jaadeen جعيدين village North of Al-Easawii South #Raqqa CS
    3:36 PM - 18 Jun 2017

The U.S. killing of the Syrian jet occurred hours later:

Dr Abdulkarim Omar‏ abdulkarimomar1
    International coalition drops a military aircraft to the Syrian regime in the Raqqa after bombing the sites of S D Forces In the Tabqa area
    5:18 PM - 18 Jun 2017

---

Yusha Yuseef ����‏Verified account @MIG29_
    I can confirm that we lost Syrian Jet East of Rassafeh and Far of SDF Points
    No more info if US do it
    6:14 PM - 18 Jun 2017

The U.S. now claims that the Syrian jet attacked Kurdish forces in Jardin. But there were none left there when the incident happened. The town was already confirmed to be in the hands of the Syrian army. The Syrian jet attacked Islamic State forces near Resafa. The Syrian army was in the process of taking the town Resafa from the Islamic State and to reach the crossroad that would allow it to proceed to the ISIS besieged Deir Ezzor. The Syrian air forces jet bombed Islamic State forces in Resafa. The U.S. shot the jet down falsely claiming that it attacked its Kurdish proxy forces.

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    /r/the_donald is self regulated. The problem is that the regulators have an agenda - protection of His Orangeness at all costs - that is incompatible with actual discussion of the issues. Like Trump himself, they only pretended to be on the side of free speech and such during the campaign, but now that free discussion of information is inconvenient to them they have experienced a sudden change of heart.

That wouldn't change no matter the format. So long as someone has ownership of the platform, they can censor it. Even on usenet.
    Bingo.
    When I said 'filtered'.... I meant by the 'moderators'.
    You are precisely correct.
    It's useless.

... as soon as I saw comments/articles w/ terms like 'moonbats'
    appearing on the front page...
    I knew it was the same anti-Donbass crowd.
    no thanks.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-19-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Bingo.
    When I said 'filtered'.... I meant by the 'moderators'.
    You are precisely correct.
    It's useless.
    Your comment made perfect sense to me, but some people seem to have taken it in a 'by THE MAN' direction rather than realizing that it is the core Trump crew that there simply does not to want to hear anything that is contrary to their premade conclusions.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Yesterday a U.S. F-18 jet shot down a Syrian air force bomber near the city of Raqqa.
    The U.S. Central Command ludicrously claims that this was in "self defense" of its invading forces and its Kurdish proxies (Syria Democratic Forces - SDF)
    within a "deconflicting zone" in the town of Jardin.

This is a lie. Neither is there any agreed upon "deconflicting zone" in the area
    nor was the town of Jardin held by SDF forces at the time of the attack.

You may very well be correct here about the Syrian jet attacking ISIS, not the SDF, when the Syrian jet was downed by the U.S.. The MSM contradicts this and insists that the Syrian military was attacking the SDF (Kurds). However your link to the Moon of Alabama article where 'The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights' (which is one guy based in Britain) states the Syrian jet was attacking ISIS is very telling. The Syrian Observatory is and has been consistently anti-Assad; for them to say they have witnesses indicating the Syrian jet was attacking ISIS rather than the SDF is important:

A regime warplane was targeted and dropped in the skies of the al-Resafa area [...] the warplane was shot down over Al-Resafa area of which the regime forces have reached to its frontiers today, and sources suggested to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights that warplanes of the International Coalition targeted it during its flight in close proximity to the airspace of the International Coalition’s warplanes, which caused its debris to fall over Resafa city amid an unknown fate of its pilot, the sources confirmed that the warplane did not target the Syria Democratic Forces in their controlled areas located at the contact line with regime forces’ controlled areas in the western countryside of Al-Tabaqa to the road of Al-Raqqah – Resafa.
    One thing is clear, both the U.S.(SDF) and Assad's forces wanted Rasafa in order to get to Deir Ezzor first. Sunday morning the U.S.(SDF) were attempting to cutoff Assad's forces from this: "According to a military source, if the Syrian Democratic Forces continue to push south towards the strategic town of Resafa, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) will open fire on them because this would be a clear attempt by the US-backed forces to cut them off from the road to Deir Ezzor."

However this afternoon the Syrian military has now cutoff the U.S.(SDF) from going further south toward Deir Ezzor (west of the Euphrates) as the Syrian military has now taken Resafa:

Syrian government forces liberate Rusafa town in southwest Raqqa

Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has liberated the important town of Rusafa and the crossroads of the same name in southwestern Raqqa countryside having expelled jihadists of the so-called “Islamic State” from this strategic location.

SAA’s elite Tiger Forces division was engaged in fierce clashes with IS militants since yesterday, with assault further intensified after US-led coalition had shot down a Syrian Arab Air Force (SyAAF) fighter jet in the area.

This major development allows SAA to secure the future path to Deir Ezzor as Rusafa is the junction of the roads leading from the north (Raqqa city) and from the southeast (Deir Ezzor province).

It is also noteworthy to mention that with Rusafa under SAA control, US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are now blocked from advancing south of Tabqa district towards Rusafa oil fields [and Deir Ezzor].
    So the U.S. has been blocked on two fronts by the Syrian military: from the south where the U.S. was using the proxy Free Syrian Army near al-Tanf and from the north where the U.S. was using the proxy SDF (Kurds) at Rasafa.

Putin is wise not to retaliate: The Syrian military continues to make good gains despite the constant U.S. attacks against them.
    Last edited by charrob; 06-19-2017 at 12:26 PM.

It never ceases to amaze me that we are so eager to depose Assad, when we could be cooperating toward eradicating a common adversary.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is why I have never cared for the Kurds, if you want to destroy a country or society from the inside, they have shown to be the perfect vehicle for such a move. They have no loyalty to the people that have given the refuge, they will sellout quick to anyone paying them.

$#@! em all, I hope the SAA wins out and drive all of them out. Sadly, they would all be asking for asylum in the US when that happens
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that we are so eager to depose Assad, when we could be cooperating toward eradicating a common adversary.

Totally agree. I think right now what's going on is a big land grab: the U.S. using it's SDF and FSA proxies is grabbing as much land as possible as ISIS has smaller and smaller amounts of territory. The SDF (primarily Kurds) control most of the land east of the Euphrates right now except patches where ISIS still controls there. By wars end, I don't see the SDF giving up any of this land despite Kurds only being 6% of the Syrian population. Considering Assad let the Kurds into Syria as refugees from Turkey, it's become clear the Kurds are not only not appreciative but actually aggressing against the Syrian military (as they did in Hasakeh many months ago when for no reason they attacked the Syrian military there) in order to steal land for their Rojava State. Considering the Syrian military has also protected the Kurds from Turkey in the north near al-Bab and Manbij, this makes the actions of the Kurds seem even more egregious. If the Kurds get to keep all Syrian land east of the Euphrates, since that land is connected/contiguous to the land Kurds control in northern Iraq as well as land the Kurds control in southeast Turkey, that whole contiguous area from all three countries would give the Kurds a huge new country (their 'rojava') of their own.

Here's a good video of what happened yesterday:

Syrian War Report – June 19, 2017: US Downs Syrian Su-22, Pushes To SAA-SDF Escalation

Last edited by charrob; 06-19-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add video

Escalation! US Hits Syrian Jet, Russia Cuts Communications

Escalation! US Hits Syrian Jet, Russia Cuts Communications:

A US Navy F-18 shot down a Syrian military aircraft over Syrian territory Sunday, marking the first time the US has engaged in air to air combat since the US attack on Yugoslavia in 1999. US claims that the Syrians were targeting US-backed rebels were undermined by reporting by the generally pro-rebel Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which stated that according to its sources on the ground the Syrian aircraft was not attacking US-backed anti-government forces. The Russians, who also had military aircraft near the shot down Syrian jet, claim the US did not provide warning via the hotline to prevent accidents between the US and Russia. As a result, the Russian defense ministry announced that it would track any flying object flying in its area of operations as potential targets. How high will this new tension rise? Tune in to today's Liberty Report:

Link: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ommunications/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

Reddit subs are not self regulated. Self regulation implies math algos that all users can use.

any power will try to stop the spread of information that is hurting it. Obama did it. Reagan did it. Trump does it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

...israel?...

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post

...israel?...
    An adversary and the owner at the same time. Keep dreaming.

The prime minister, Theresa May, intervened on Monday,
    urging Russia not to end the “deconfliction arrangements”
    since it increases the risk of an air fight breaking out inadvertently
    between Russian warplanes and US-led coalition warplanes.

Marine Corps general Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff,
    said the US would “work diplomatically and military in the coming hours to reestablish deconfliction”.
    (Lie... suggesting a 'Zone' was agreed to. There WAS no 'Deconfliction Area/Zone' agreed to... just a 'Communications channel' WHICH the US did NOT use prior to jet attack.)

The growing risk of a direct confrontation between the US and Russia
    follows a decision by US president Donald Trump
    to grant his military chiefs untrammelled control
    of he US military strategy in Syria.

https://mishtalk.com/2017/06/19/russ...vilian-deaths/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-20-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12