Thread: expanding earth theory

expanding earth theory

I was just reading about the discovery of water , on an asteroid... by the Rosetta spacecraft.
    I also remember reading about a moon of Saturn that is spewing out water... is it possible, that the Earth is creating it's own water?
    and possibly "Rock-oil" (petroleum) as well?
    perhaps it is time to revisit this theory.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have a young earth bible thumper friend...this is his explanation to where all the water from Noah's flood went
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Where does the vast quantity of additional matter come from? Or is the earth hollow and the space inside expanding?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Where does the vast quantity of additional matter come from? Or is the earth hollow and the space inside expanding?
    my SWAG would be Plasma. we know that the sun is made of Plasma. therefore.
    Plasma can generate a magnetic field and gravity.
    what else might it be able to generate?
    there is a type of plasma at the center of the Earth? perhaps?

but the fact remains, we have now discovered both Hydrocarbons and water throughout our solar system.
    the stuff has to be coming from somewhere..
    that moon of Saturn fascinates me, if it is spewing liquid water into space, this tells me that
    1. there is a source for the water. 2. something is generating pressure.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Water existing there does not necessarily mean it is being created there.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/29/tech/i...aturn-geysers/

First sighted in 2005, the geysers erupt from four "tiger stripe" fractures along the moon's south polar terrain and spew tiny ice particles and water vapor, NASA said in news release.

After seven years of collecting mission data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft, scientists found the geysers to be powered by small hot spots -- the result of water vapor condensing and venting from subsurface seawater; thus, answering questions about the geysers' origins.

Researchers had previously thought the ice particles and water vapor came from either frictional heat or from water vapor below the surface.

"Once we had these results in hand, we knew right away heat was not causing the geysers, but vice versa," said NASA adviser Carolyn Porco, who led the Cassini imaging team.

"It also told us the geysers are not a near-surface phenomenon, but have much deeper roots."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-28-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Water existing there does not necessarily mean it is being created there.
    and vice -versa.

"It also told us the geysers are not a near-surface phenomenon, but have much deeper roots."

yeah, I would think that to generate enough pressure, it would not be a " near-surface phenomenon"
    and unless it just started happening yesterday, it should have petered out long ago.

It was an interesting video.

If the Earth is expanding, is the diameter increasing? http://www.livescience.com/15599-earth-expanding.html

"Our study provides an independent confirmation that the solid Earth is not getting larger at present, within current measurement uncertainties," said Xiaoping Wu of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Using a cadre of space measurement tools and a new datacalculation technique, a team of NASA scientists detected no statistically significant expansion of the solid Earth.

However, they did estimate the planet's radius changes, on average, by about 0.004 inches (0.1 millimeters) per year, or about the thickness of a human hair — a rate considered statistically insignificant.

The newly established parameter will provide a basic framework against which scientists can measure the movements of Earth's crust; even though the planet isn't growing, it is constantly changing.

Tectonic forces such as earthquakes and volcanoes push mountains higher, while erosion and landslides wear them down. In addition, large-scale climate events such as El Niņo and La Niņa redistribute vast water masses among Earth's ocean, atmosphere and land.

With the new baseline measure of Earth's actual size, scientists will be able to better understand the scale of these changes.
    Distances on the Pacific Ocean between continents are getting closer together while distances on the Atlantic Ocean are getting farther apart at the rate of a couple of centimeters a year. If the theory that the Earth is growing is true, ocean distances between all continents should all be growing as should the diameter and radius of the Earth.

http://www.edu.pe.ca/southernkings/platejp.htm

North America and northern Asia are moving closer together, as well as South America and southern Asia, but North America and Europe are moving farther part, as well as South America and Africa.
    But this does not rule out an expansion of the size of the Earth in its past of course.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-28-2015 at 06:43 PM.

I find stuff like this frickin hilarious... from your article, not picking on you.

within current measurement uncertainties
    that is at the beginning of the article..
    you get to the bottom, and you find this gem..

With the new baseline measure of Earth's actual size, scientists will be able to better understand the scale of these changes.
    so, when they measured it the first time... they did not know how big it was...

but now they do...

do you see what I am getting at?

back in Engineering school. (mid 80's) I was taught to never assume my instruments were 100% accurate. back then the range was +/- 3%
    today it is around 1% (range of scale)
    if you are using more than 1 instrument to come up with a reading. the errors can become quite large.
    this remains true today, throw in a calibration error (or 2) and it gets worse.
    when I see statistics.... that fall within this range.
    my bull$#@! detector goes off.

Last edited by HVACTech; 01-28-2015 at 07:06 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's probly all of the trash and bodies building up that makes it seem like it's expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I am confused here dude..

does this mean that the Earth is on fire?
    or just cooling off.. after 4.5 billion years.. while 75% covered in water?

is it still on fire.. or just cooling off.. sir?
    any idea about the depth of our knowledge about this subject?

http://www.zmescience.com/science/ge...-deepest-well/

The earth gets hit with something 10 tons of debris from space every day. Usually micro asteroids and dust, and compared to the actual mass of the earth, it doesnt even register even over a thousand years.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The earth gets hit with something 10 tons of debris from space every day. Usually micro asteroids and dust, and compared to the actual mass of the earth, it doesnt even register even over a thousand years.
    Negative sir.
    HB34 is proof that, at least some of it is pixie dust.

if I am correct, and we are in fact hurtling though space,
    riding on a flaming ball of plasma...

would that prove to you that God has a sense of humor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9poCAuYT-s

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    Negative sir.
    HB34 is proof that, at least some of it is pixie dust.

if I am correct, and we are in fact hurtling though space,
    riding on a flaming ball of plasma...

would that prove to you that God has a sense of humor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9poCAuYT-s
    Sense of humor? Have you seen Donald Trumps hair?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

the last time that I looked... our best guess is that 96% of everything is plasma.
    if such is the case. then "matter" or "mass" (the other 4%) is probably a byproduct of plasma dynamics.

if the sun is made of plasma, then it follows that plasma can produce magnetic fields.
    I would think that mere H2O production would be easier.. than that.

yes. methinks that the earth is on fire friend.

do you have evidence, that it is "still cooling off" ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Matter would have to be created somewhere. Maybe a blackhole is creating matter out of the vacuum?