Thread: OMG Defendant admits no concern for "Officer Safety" while dragging cop down the street

OMG Defendant admits no concern for "Officer Safety" while dragging cop down the street

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/28...yssey=obinsite

FAYETTEVILLE, AR (KFSM)-A Fayetteville Police Officer suffered injuries to his knees after trying to stop a vehicle on Dickson Street. According to an arrest report, Officer Shepard noticed an Oldsmobile because the radio was loud and then recognized the driver as Melvin Sims, who has a suspended license.

Shepard tried to stop the vehicle by reaching into the passenger's side window. The arrest report then states that Shepard's feet were lifted off the ground. He was carried about 130 feet before falling from the car.

The suspect sped away, according to the report. Sims was later located and arrested by Officer Moore. The passenger of the vehicle, Leon Rucker, was also arrested.

According to the police report, Rucker admitted he was aware Officer Shepard was trying to stop the vehicle. Rucker also told Officer Moore he was not concerned with Officer Shepard's safety, only with getting away.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if one of the charges will be "disregard for officer safety?"
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    http://www.thv11.com/news/article/28...yssey=obinsite

FAYETTEVILLE, AR (KFSM)-A Fayetteville Police Officer suffered injuries to his knees after trying to stop a vehicle on Dickson Street. According to an arrest report, Officer Shepard noticed an Oldsmobile because the radio was loud and then recognized the driver as Melvin Sims, who has a suspended license.

Shepard tried to stop the vehicle by reaching into the passenger's side window. The arrest report then states that Shepard's feet were lifted off the ground. He was carried about 130 feet before falling from the car.

The suspect sped away, according to the report. Sims was later located and arrested by Officer Moore. The passenger of the vehicle, Leon Rucker, was also arrested.

According to the police report, Rucker admitted he was aware Officer Shepard was trying to stop the vehicle. Rucker also told Officer Moore he was not concerned with Officer Shepard's safety, only with getting away.
    He was probably not concerned with how much gas he was using, at the time, either.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

All of this could have been avoided if the cop had just made his report without trying to stop the car.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 09-30-2013 at 11:28 AM.

It's weird with all the whining about "officer safety" cops still do stupidly aggressive things that endanger their safety (like reaching into a running vehicle over a suspended license). I guess they think that magic costume will just magically protect them ...

Last two comments, all that needs to be said.

Stupid overzealous LEO, zero pity.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

If this was one of those $#@!s who rides around with his car bumpin', he should be thankful the cops are there to protect him from people like me.
    Last edited by FloralScent; 09-30-2013 at 07:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas...tion-27-49-212

§ 27-49-212 - Roadways.

Universal Citation: AR Code § 27-49-212 (2012)

(b) "Roadway" means that portion of a highway improved, designed, or ordinarily used for vehicular travel.

(d) "Street or highway" means the entire width between property lines of every way or place of whatever nature when any part thereof is open to the use of the public, as a matter of right, for purposes of vehicular traffic.

According to Arkansas own statues they are converting a right into a privilege then charging to exercise said right.

I say the officer probably committed disorderly conduct.

5-71-207. Disorderly conduct.

(a) A person commits the offense of disorderly conduct if, with the purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm or recklessly creating a risk of public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, he or she:

(5) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic;

(7) Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition;
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 09-30-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Next time i stick my hand into a hot fuse box and get shocked I'm going to arrest it for disregarding my safety.

Shepard tried to stop the vehicle by reaching into the passenger's side window.
    Delusions of grandeur.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Nice set of charges

http://arkansas.arrests.org/Arrests/...Sims_14096330/

Full Name: Melvin Sims
    Date: 09/28/2013Time: 10:08 AM
    Arresting Agency: FVPD
    Total Bond: $109500
    Personal Information
    Arrest Age: 23
    Block: 6300 Copper Ridge Ln
    City: Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Height: 5'09"
    Weight: 190 lbs
    Hair Color: BLK
    Eye Color: BRN
    Tag this Mug Shot
    Beat Up
    Celebrity
    Handicap
    Grills
    Hair
    Hunks
    Hotties
    Scary
    Tatted up
    Transgender
    Wino
    WTF

Charges
    #1 BATTERY - 2ND DEGREE
    BOND: $100000

#2 FLEEING (F) {UCR: 90Z}
    #3 FALSE IMPRISONMENT - 1ST DEGREE (F) {UCR
    #4 DRIVING ON SUSPENDED/REVOKED LICENSE (M)
    #5 RECKLESS DRIVING (M) {UCR: }
    #6 CRIMINAL MISCHIEF - 2ND DEGREE (M) {UCR:
    #7 DISREGUARDING POLICE OFFICER (M) {UCR: }
    #8 NOISE ORDINANCE (TT-ORD-2004-07-182)
    #9 RULE 8.1 HEARING
    #10 TERRORISTIC THREATENING
    BOND: $7500

#11 FAILURE TO APPEAR
    BOND: $2000

#12 ENDANG. WELFARE OF A MINOR 2ND
    #13 DRIVING ON SUSPENDED/REVOKED LICENSE (M)
    #14 ASSAULT - 3RD DEGREE (M) {UCR: 13C}
    #15 CRIMINAL MISCHIEF - 1ST DEGREE (F) {UCR:
    #16 RULE 8.1 HEARING

should be charged with 1st degree murder...well...because it could've happened..

life in prison. Put him in with Kokesh.

damn slaves.

isnt reaching into a car illegal? what were the circumstances?

#7 DISREGUARDING POLICE OFFICER (M) {UCR: }
    LOLOLOLOLOL...$#@!s.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL...$#@!s.
    Almost as good as:

TERRORISTIC THREATENING
    OMG! He was CIA!
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Prosecutors file charges not cops.

They are the useless filth that needs adjusted, moreso even than cops.

Without compliant prosecutors cops would be less likely to overreach their authority..

Look at these wastes of air as the school bullies big brother..

///
    Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Never seen the movie SAW?

Right now Mud is on my list for my next trip to town....