Thread: Busy-Body Neighbor Calls Ft. Worth Police to Do 'Welfare Check ' on Woman -- They Kill Her

Busy-Body Neighbor Calls Ft. Worth Police to Do 'Welfare Check ' on Woman -- They Kill Her

Another case of a scaredy-cat cop killing an innocent -- too bad it will be made into a racial issue, when, like with the Amber Guyger case, it's really a COP issue

Neighbor: "I'm shaken. I'm mad. I'm upset. And I feel it's partly my fault. 'If I had never dialed the police department, she'd still be alive."

When will people learn you don't call the police for "help" with these things ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...side-home.html

Horrifying moment white Texas police officer fatally shots black woman, 28, inside her own home after a neighbor called authorities because her front door was open

By Lauren Edmonds For Dailymail.com

Published: 20:02 EDT, 12 October 2019 | Updated: 20:36 EDT, 12 October 2019

A white police officer in Texas fatally shot a black woman inside her home after officers were called to do a welfare check, according to authorities.

Atatiana Koquice Jefferson, 28, of Fort Worth was killed by an unidentified police officer with the Fort Worth Police Department on Saturday morning.

62-year-old James Smith, Jefferson's neighbor, called the local non-emergency number after he noticed her front door was open and lights were on around 2.25am.

He knew Jefferson was supposed to be home with her 8-year-old nephew.

'I'm shaken. I'm mad. I'm upset. And I feel it's partly my fault,' Smith told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

'If I had never dialed the police department, she'd still be alive.'

Fifteen minutes after authorities arrived to the scene, Smith her a gun shot and watched several officers rush Jefferson's home.

According to a statement from authorities, officers responded to Smith's call and arrived to the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue.

In police bodycam footage that has been released, the officer is seen walking around the perimeters of the home and looking through windows inside the residence.

snip

At one point the officer pulls out a flashlight when he approaches a dark area of the house and appears to gain entrance into her backyard.

Seconds later the officer looks inside a dark window, draws his gun and yells, 'put your hands up! Show me your hands!'

He then shots at the victim almost immediately.

While searching the home's exterior, the officer appears to gain entrance into Jefferson's backyard and uses a flashlight to look around the area

While searching the home's exterior, the officer appears to gain entrance into Jefferson's backyard and uses a flashlight to look around the area

Noticing a figure inside the home, the officer tells the Jefferson to 'put your hands up' before fatally shooting her

Authorities say the officer perceived a threat and after firing his weapon went inside the home to administer emergency care.

The statement says officers found a firearm, but it was not revealed if Jefferson was anywhere near the weapon at the time of the incident.

Jefferson succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-12-2019 at 07:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Calls to the Police should be interlinked with the coroners office, efficiency.........
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 10-13-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Not one story anywhere to be found about this that doesn't put race front and center. How much more obvious can they possibly get?
    "The Patriarch"

It's a dangerous job, checking up on people. Might be better to just call them on the phone to see if they are ok.

Going around somebody's home, looking in windows and shining a flashlight into the windows isn't the brightest thing to do.
    Somebody might mistake you for a prowler and fear for their life.

This cop probably was fearing for his life, because he was doing something stupid that put him in danger.

Trespassing peeping Tom murders innocent woman who has a funny name.

Oh wait!

Honest headlines not permitted.

"And I feel it's partly my fault. If I had never dialed the police department, she'd still be alive."
    It is partly your fault, very much so.

Do. Not. Call. Cops.

Ever.

For anything.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-12-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

So the cop murdered a stranger in her home for no reason . Guess you guys have not spent time in Ft Worth or Houston before .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Not one story anywhere to be found about this that doesn't put race front and center. How much more obvious can they possibly get?
    Exactly this. Had the races been reversed it would be POLICE OFFICER shoots WOMAN in the local news for 30 minutes, then buried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Exactly this. Had the races been reversed it would be POLICE OFFICER shoots WOMAN in the local news for 30 minutes, then buried.
    We've seen this in Houston, where the police did a literal home invasion, killing a white married couple and their dog -- and there has been hardly a word of it in the mainstream media, even though the black cop leading the raid has been charged with murder.

Gun owner = dangerous

Basically, "She brought this on herself"

I know it won't happen, but I hope the family bankrupts the Fort Worth PD.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

The statement says officers found a firearm, but it was not revealed if Jefferson was anywhere near the weapon at the time of the incident.
    If it wasn't revealed, that means she was not anywhere near it, and the only reason they mentioned it at all was to get the idea into people's minds that she had it in her hand and pointed it at a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

I know it won't happen, but I hope the family bankrupts the Fort Worth PD.
    There's no such thing as bankrupting a government agency. The only people on the hook are tax payers.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Looks like he will still have the police union backing him, even though he's a former officer :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...199_story.html

Dean has not yet hired an attorney but will have one provided with financial support from the state’s largest police union, the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, according to Charley Wilkison, the group’s executive director.

I read the neighbor feels bad for calling the cops, now. Yeah, oops.

Maybe just pick up your phone and call your neighbor and check like that first? What kind of friend/neighbor calls someone else miles away to check on you? I'll bet he didn't even have her phone number, and knew her only through waves, head nods and that one conversation, that one time.

Arrested and charged with murder.

Being held on a $200,000 bond.

https://inmatesearch.tarrantcounty.c...ls?CID=0949199
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The nephew has supposedly told investigators that the woman pulled a gun out of a purse and pointed it at the window.

This might explain why the cop fired, but still, he shouldn't have been sneaking around in the backyard without identifying himself.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...d-authorities/

A murder warrant for Aaron Dean, the Fort Worth officer who killed Atatiana Jefferson, tells what led up to the shooting from the perspective of her 8-year-old nephew, who was in the room with her when she was shot.

The boy told a forensic interviewer that he and his aunt were playing video games together about 2:30 a.m. Saturday when she heard noises outside. She took her handgun from her purse and pointed it "toward the window" before she was shot, the nephew said, according to the arrest-warrant affidavit.

The 8-year-old saw his aunt fall to the ground. Jefferson, 28, was pronounced dead at 3:05 a.m.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-15-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The nephew has supposedly told investigators that the woman pulled a gun out of a purse and pointed it at the window.

This might explain why the cop fired, but still, he shouldn't have been sneaking around in the backyard without identifying himself.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...d-authorities/
    She had a gun and was pointing it? Oh my. Just having the gun makes her 50% guilty. Pointing it adds another 25% guilty. If she didn’t have a gun, this never would have happened. Only well trained, responsible and disciplined police officers should have guns, not some non-government woman in her house.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I wonder if this is a case of overcharging with the murder rap.

The only reason Guyger got pinched was that being in the wrong apartment was over the top.

If they don't convict this guy on a lesser charge, this guy will walk.

And if he walks, the riots and threats of riots will be useful for some going into the elections.

I'm sure the cop will get a bible and a hug from the judge. Everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by manny229 View Post
    I'm sure the cop will get a bible and a hug from the judge. Everything will be fine.
    Hugs are better than slugs
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Hugs are better than slugs
    I'm sorry: are you suggesting that police officers sexually assault people in lieu of killing them? /sarc

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    She had a gun and was pointing it? Oh my. Just having the gun makes her 50% guilty. Pointing it adds another 25% guilty. If she didn’t have a gun, this never would have happened. Only well trained, responsible and disciplined police officers should have guns, not some non-government woman in her house.
    Odd how cops can point guns at unarmed people on a regular basis -- like during routine traffic stops -- but, if a citizen points a gun at a cop who is essentially trespassing on the citizen's own property , or is just simply near or holding a firearm, it's an automatic "good shoot" for the cop.

Well, perhaps not in this case, but only because of the race element, sadly.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 10-18-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    I'm sorry: are you suggesting that police officers sexually assault people in lieu of killing them? /sarc
    sometimes
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.