Thread: Trump told House Republicans that he made Ukraine call because of Perry: Report

Trump told House Republicans that he made Ukraine call because of Perry: Report

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...all-because-of

Wasn't me man, Rick made me do it! Always blame somebody else if you can. (though I don't recall seeing anything about natural gas in the released summary of the conversation)

According to Axios, President Trump told House Republicans that he was urged by Energy Secretary Rick Perry to make his July 25 phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Trump told fellow party members "not a lot of people know this but, I didn't even want to make the call," a source who was on the call told the news outlet.

"The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquified natural gas] plant," Trump added.

The president's comments put a twist on the narrative surrounding House Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

Text messages between White House officials and former Zelensky aide Andrey Yermak were released earlier this week. None of the messages suggest that Perry was the reason behind Trump's phone call.

Perry headed a U.S. delegation to Ukraine in May for Zelensky's inauguration but reportedly told the Chirstian Broadcasting Network that "as God is my witness" neither former Vice President Joe Biden or his son, Hunter Biden, came up in conversation.

“Secretary Perry absolutely supported and encouraged the president to speak to the new president of Ukraine to discuss matters related to their energy security and economic development," Perry's spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes told Axios.

Perry is reportedly set to resign from his position as Energy Secretary at the end of the year.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Irrelevant, Trump did nothing wrong.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with this many scapegoats before.

Working with Trump really is selling your soul to the devil.

a source who was on the call told the news outlet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Word is Perry will resign?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I wonder if Ricky will remember which department in which he is the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Wasn't me man, Rick made me do it! Always blame somebody else if you can. (though I don't recall seeing anything about natural gas in the released summary of the conversation)

Perry headed a U.S. delegation to Ukraine in May for Zelensky's inauguration but reportedly told the Christian Broadcasting Network that "as God is my witness" neither former Vice President Joe Biden nor his son Hunter Biden came up in conversation.
    "Secretary Perry absolutely supported and encouraged the president to speak to the new president of Ukraine to discuss matters related to their energy security and economic development," Perry's spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes told Axios.
    Perry is reportedly set to resign from his position as Energy secretary at the end of the year.

Seems to me the article contradicts itself.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm too young to have seen this at the time, but it appears he's taking talking points from Nixon.

“…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    He planned to before the who fake Ukrainian impeachment hoax. He is resigning at the end of the year.

Here comes the Zippy headline, which will be "true":

Disgraced Energy Secretary Perry resigns amid Ukrainian quid-pro-quo Scandal

he is "disgraced" because he works for Trump
    HE is indeed the Energy Secretary
    His indeed is resigning
    there is indeed a "Ukrainian-Quid_pro_quo scandal"