Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANTIFA declared a terrorist org.

Exclamation ANTIFA declared a terrorist org.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...?ocid=msedgntp

President Donald Trump's announcement that his administration will designate Antifa as a terrorist organization is surely unconstitutional because it would effectively criminalize joining an American domestic ideological group.

Thanks to the First Amendment, the US government has historically avoided designating domestic groups on both the left and right as terrorist. Belonging to such groups is consistent with the legitimate exercise of your First Amendment right to freedom of speech and belief — whether you are a white supremacist or an environmental activist.

Of course, should an American citizen commit a crime in service of her extremist beliefs she can be prosecuted for that crime, but she can't be prosecuted for merely belonging to the group, no matter how objectionable its views might be.

The situation is quite different when it comes to terrorist groups based overseas. If you look at the National Counterterrorism Center's list of designated terrorist groups, you will see that all the groups that are listed are based outside the United States. Joining such designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations is not protected by the First Amendment and is prosecuted as a crime. In recent years scores of Americans, for instance, have been convicted of joining ISIS or attempting to join the terrorist group, which can carry a sentence of up to 20 years.

If Trump succeeds in designating Antifa it potentially opens the door for American citizens to be charged for merely holding their beliefs — even if they are extreme and at times, militant.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just trying to give them some credibility. Or himself. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Yeah its the easy way out to deal with these looters and arsonists. But it's a slippery slope and I can't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah its the easy way out to deal with these looters and arsonists. But it's a slippery slope and I can't support it.
    It was a slippery slope when the SPLC was put in charge of the Fusion Centers and determined who are “terrorists”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It was a slippery slope when the SPLC was put in charge of the Fusion Centers and determined who are “terrorists”.
    SPLC is a hate group.

Go ahead and set that precedent, Donald Dummy. When you lose the election, every "militia" and "patriot" group will then be labeled a terrorist group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

If Trump succeeds in designating Antifa it potentially opens the door for American citizens to be charged for merely holding their beliefs — even if they are extreme and at times, militant.
    That would not be anything new. There's plenty of laws on the books for thinking the wrong thoughts and they are commonly being enforced. Most people don't care though since most of the laws are not targeted at them, but at a hated minority.

Can anyone guess what I'm referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That would not be anything new. There's plenty of laws on the books for thinking the wrong thoughts and they are commonly being enforced. Most people don't care though since most of the laws are not targeted at them, but at a hated minority.

Can anyone guess what I'm referring to?
    Us. Liberty folks.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lame OP post.

Charged for holding beliefs?

Do all ideological groups consistently violently assault bystanders, burn buildings, and destroy public/private property?

ANTIFA is literally a terrorist organization. They wish to destroy society and implement their version of radical communist utopia and all you can think about is their poor ideology?
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-31-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Us. Liberty folks.
    I was referring to business owners. There's tons of anti-liberty laws directed at only them. Discrimination laws for example. You want to see riots? Try enforcing those laws against the general population. "Hello Mr. Smith, can we come in? It's been brought to our attention that you've only been hiring white people to cut your grass. That's a $10,000 fine."

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lame OP post.

Do all ideological groups consistently violently assault bystanders, burn buildings, and destroy public/private property?

ANTIFA is literally a terrorist organization. They wish to destroy society and implement their idea of utopia and all you can think about is their poor ideology?

Didn't know we had ANTIFA apologizers and sympathizers here on RPF, shameful...
    Antifa is a criminal organization. Charge them with crimes under existing laws.

Lame OP post.

ANTIFA is literally a terrorist organization. They wish to destroy society and implement their idea of utopia and all you can think about is their poor ideology?

Didn't know we had ANTIFA apologizers and sympathizers here on RPF, shameful...
    What's shameful is denying the right of Americans to peaceably assemble because some aren't peaceable. What's shameful is defending the slide down the slippery slope because this victim is leftist. What's shameful is ignoring the likelihood that ANTIFA is astroturf, and therefore this is a classic case of government created problem - media generated reaction - totalitarian "solution".

I suppose you also support " hate crimes"?

These concerns are valid and need to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What's shameful is denying the right of Americans to peaceably assemble because some aren't peaceable.

Who exactly is advocating for denying the right of peaceful americans to assemble?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Who exactly is advocating for denying the right of peaceful americans to assemble?
    Who exactly is guaranteeing every member of ANTIFA is violent?

Who exactly is certifying the government competent (or even willing) to differentiate between the violent and the nonviolent?

Have you forgotten that one state declared people in cars with Ron Paul bumper stickers to be likely terrorists?

Refresh your memory:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...are-TERRORISTS

This is how you partisans facilitate so much evil. While your party is in the White House, you insist on standing for nothing and falling for anything. Do you think that, given this golden opportunity, the next Democrat president would hesitate for a second to declare you a terrorist?

Will Rogers said you can only get as much liberty as you give. You people who refuse to grant liberals liberty shoot yourselves, me, and every other American in the foot. Don't expect me to stand with you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-31-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Personally I have no problem with looters and burners being shot by property owners but I understand most people here probably don't believe that property is equal to life.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Personally I have no problem with looters and burners being shot by property owners but I understand most people here probably don't believe that property is equal to life.
    I would kill them with no remorse if they attacked my business.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What exactly does it mean to be labelled a "terrorist group"?

Mike Adams is going ballistic over this and saying it gives the National Guard the right to start shooting them in the streets rather than "standing down."

But this is the same guy with his prepper mentality that told everyone there would be people falling and dead in the streets with cannibalism everywhere in the early stages of the coronavirus outbreak.
    Last edited by Created4; 06-01-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

My socom m1a is ready for ANTIFA if they come out to play dirty. I will not TOLERATE THESE PIECES OF $#@! IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD if they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    What exactly does it mean to be labelled a "terrorist group"?

Mike Adams is going ballistic over this and saying it gives the National Guard the right to start shooting them in the streets rather than "standing down."

But this is the same buy with his prepper mentality that told everyone there would be people falling and dead in the streets with cannibalism everywhere in the early stages of the coronavirus outbreak.
    ANTIFA are terrorists, where have you been ? Have you not seen their manifest, and ground up recruiting for the past few years? Have you not seen them smashing stuff and lighting things on fire and stacking bricks in every city for riots???????

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    ANTIFA are terrorists, where have you been ? Have you not seen their manifest, and ground up recruiting for the past few years? Have you not seen them smashing stuff and lighting things on fire and stacking bricks in every city for riots???????
    You must spread some reputation around.......
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You must spread some reputation around.......
    because they arent in your backyard yet

Government isn't the solution to this problem either.

About damn time. They fit every conceivable definition of the word. If there was a right wing group attacking people trying to put on speeches, smashing windows, attacking peaceful people, it would have been declared such a long, long time ago.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Thanks to the First Amendment, the US government has historically avoided designating domestic groups on both the left and right as terrorist. Belonging to such groups is consistent with the legitimate exercise of your First Amendment right to freedom of speech and belief — whether you are a white supremacist or an environmental activist.
    Convenient that SCROTUS has just ruled on this...so let me see if I understand the new rules.

1 - People wishing to assemble in church and exercise their right to religious freedom have no First Amendment protections and government, by Executive Fiat alone, can indefinitely prohibit and criminalize such gatherings and arrest attendees.

2 - People wishing to assemble to carry out the foreign directives of co-coordinating and carrying out acts of political violence, arson and murder all across the country are protected from prosecution due to First Amendment restrictions.

No better way in the mind of Boobus to shred the Bill of Rights even further.

This is intolerable...untenable.

There MUST be a separation...everything that all of us hold dear, including the very lives of ourselves and our posterity, hang in the balance.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Antifa needs to be busted & exposed

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Antifa needs to be busted & exposed
    Yes. But politicians running around designating groups terrorists are no more needed to bust criminals than "hate crime" laws are.

SPLC is a hate group.
    But if President Trump said that, everyone would have a fit!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    I am not questioning whether or not they are a terrorist group. I am asking what difference does that make in terms of what the response against them is now going to be since they have this new "designation."

Some people here need to wake up and start looking at the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Created4; 06-01-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    I am not questioning whether or not they are a terrorist group. I am asking what difference does that make in terms of what the response against them is now going to be since they have this new "designation."

Some people here need to wake up and start looking at the bigger picture.
    The big difference will be our ability to cripple their cash flow. While they appear to be decentralized cells, they receive money from a small pool of select donors. Designating them a terror organization makes it easier to freeze their bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Who exactly is guaranteeing every member of ANTIFA is violent?

Who exactly is certifying the government competent (or even willing) to differentiate between the violent and the nonviolent?

Have you forgotten that one state declared people in cars with Ron Paul bumper stickers to be likely terrorists?

Refresh your memory:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...are-TERRORISTS

This is how you partisans facilitate so much evil. While your party is in the White House, you insist on standing for nothing and falling for anything. Do you think that, given this golden opportunity, the next Democrat president would hesitate for a second to declare you a terrorist?

Will Rogers said you can only get as much liberty as you give. You people who refuse to grant liberals liberty shoot yourselves, me, and every other American in the foot. Don't expect me to stand with you.

They still don't get that what one side can't accomplish, the other party does, BoR's be damned.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast