Thread: "Signal" app details how far police will go to get your information

Post "Signal" app details how far police will go to get your information

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Typically when they really want someones information they will provide fake warrants, warrants simply signed off on without review, provide favors in return for information, direct payments, some bs story to pull on heart strings and/or threats to get people to hand over information. There are no checks and balances as we have been falsely led to believe from a myriad of propaganda from the news media and entertainment programs.

They maybe just keeping up appearances to show they actually ask for information and that there is a process or by some fluke a national known product like "Signal" is doing the right thing. Maybe they are but I have my doubts and maybe another propaganda article to get people to use "Signal" so they can capture information.

Difficult to know the truth when our government, news media and the elites nationally known companies are serial liars that blatantly disregard privacy laws in the manner I described above.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    "Though the judge approved four consecutive non-disclosure orders, the court never acknowledged receipt of our motion to partially unseal, nor scheduled a hearing, and would not return counsel's phone calls seeking to schedule a hearing," Signal wrote.

That's a judge that needs to be removed from the bench ASAP.

Law enforcement authorities around the world are increasingly finding ways to compel online platforms to hand over information about their users. Just last month, hosted email service provider ProtonMail publicly disclosed that French authorities were able to acquire the IP address of one of its users through getting approval from Swiss courts. This was despite ProtonMail not being subject to French or EU requests, and only being required to comply with requests from Swiss authorities.

In response to the order, ProtonMail CEO and founder Andy Yen said all companies have to comply with laws, such as court orders, if they operate within 15 miles of land.

"No matter what service you use, unless it is based 15 miles offshore in international waters, the company will have to comply with the law," Yen said at the time.

There's a way around that.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-haven-pirate/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    "Though the judge approved four consecutive non-disclosure orders, the court never acknowledged receipt of our motion to partially unseal, nor scheduled a hearing, and would not return counsel's phone calls seeking to schedule a hearing," Signal wrote.

Law enforcement authorities around the world are increasingly finding ways to compel online platforms to hand over information about their users. Just last month, hosted email service provider ProtonMail publicly disclosed that French authorities were able to acquire the IP address of one of its users through getting approval from Swiss courts. This was despite ProtonMail not being subject to French or EU requests, and only being required to comply with requests from Swiss authorities.

In response to the order, ProtonMail CEO and founder Andy Yen said all companies have to comply with laws, such as court orders, if they operate within 15 miles of land.

"No matter what service you use, unless it is based 15 miles offshore in international waters, the company will have to comply with the law," Yen said at the time.

There is no rule of law. Anything reported is just smoke and mirrors.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

My guess is that will be met with the same consequence as Elwar faced.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    My guess is that will be met with the same consequence as Elwar faced.
    Not exactly. SeaLand has a lot more credibility and legal ground than Chad did. Also SeaLand has been around over 20+ years so there is some precedent for it.

But yeah, in the end, governments don't care about the law and if there is too much freedom happening, they will of course do whatever they want to do in order to quell it and then jump through mental gymnastics to justify it after the fact.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    If the 4th Amendment is not adhered to, then there is nothing to stop them from digging until they find something that incriminates you of something.

Three Felonies Per DAY. Anyone remember that? Is it still three? By this time I half expect it is up around 200 or 300 Felonies Per Day, while the REAL CRIMINALS pretty much get away with EVERYTHING. Murder. Mass Murder. Just fine. Put a stamp on an envelope upside down (which is a felony) and LIFE IN PRISON.

Genuine innocence is no longer a defense against the law because the Laws that are enforced today are ONLY there to PROTECT REAL CRIMINALS.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.