Thread: Greg Gutfeld Is King of Late Night as His Fox News Show Beats Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon

Greg Gutfeld Is King of Late Night as His Fox News Show Beats Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon

Anyone else here a fan of the show?

Greg Gutfeld Is King of Late Night as His Fox News Show Beats Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon

BY PAUL BOND
    8/24/21

The Fox News Channel is claiming a huge victory: its snarky, comedic and conservative host Greg Gutfeld is the new king of late-night television, joining the likes of Johnny Carson, Jay Leno and David Letterman, all of whom have held the title in the past.

And Fox News has the Nielsen data to back up its assertion.

For the first time in a full week (August 16-22), the show dubbed Gutfeld! scored a larger audience than Jimmy Fallon on NBC, Jimmy Kimmel on ABC and Stephen Colbert on CBS.

It's not an exact apples-to-apples comparison, as Gutfeld! airs at 11 p.m. Eastern while the others begin at 11:30 p.m. or 11:35 p.m. On the West Coast, Gutfeld has the advantage of airing at 8 p.m. Despite the time differences, it's a significant milestone nonetheless since the others air on the free broadcast networks rather than cable.

Gutfeld launched his show on April 5 and made no secret that he was gunning for the same audience that typically tuned in to see the hosts on the big three networks. At least two of those, Colbert and Kimmel, have made their bones bashing former President Donald Trump and conservatives in general, while Gutfeld has done the opposite, thus offering an alternative for late-night audiences looking for a comedic take on world events.

"If you cannot tell the other late-night shows apart, join the club," Gutfeld said just before his show debuted in April. "They're as bland as string cheese and not nearly as appetizing. It's the same jokes, the same assumptions, probably the same writers, all reading the same columns from the same hacks in the New York Times. So we aren't going to be like them."

read more:
    https://www.newsweek.com/greg-gutfel...terman-1622680
    Last edited by jct74; 09-23-2021 at 10:03 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not really a fan, trying to be the opposite of the rest of those genital warts (Fallon, Colbert, Noah and the rest) is not really a recipe for good comedy or good TV.

Look to Johnny Carson, who would blow all these guys out of the water, as to how it's done.

And he did it for 50 damn years...

That said, now that all those $#@!s have now agreed to a propaganda coalition to push climate change every single night, good for Gutfeld, I'll give him a watch to $#@! the rest of them.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Anyone else here a fan of the show?
    It’s my default in that time-slot.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Gutfeld is funny.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I never liked him in his regular fox appearances. Is his own show better than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I never liked him in his regular fox appearances. Is his own show better than that?
    Plenty of sexual innuendo, so very similar, but more “adult” than he is on The Five. Rotating guests, but libertarian Kat Timpf is a regular, as well as pro wrestler Tyrus.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Well he's not a liberal so...
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Greg Gutfeld Beats Every Late-Night ‘Climate Night’ Program

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...night-program/

John Nolte 25 Sep 2021

Every insufferable late-night show got together to push Climate Night, and Greg Gutfeld beat them all.

Yep, with his 1.89 million viewers on Fox News, Gutfeld! topped the smug Stephen Colbert (1.8 million), the pathetic Jimmy Fallon (1.79 million), and trounced the blackface-N-word-user Jimmy Kimmel (1.2 million).

Gutfeld humiliated pencil neck Seth Meyers (957,000), the moron James Corden (772,000), the screechy Samantha Bee (393,000), and whoever that nobody is hosting the Daily Show (342,000).

Gutfeld also wasted his cable news competition: MSNBC’s serial liar Brian Williams earned only 953,000 viewers, while CNNLOL’s Don Credibly-Accused-Of-Sexual-Assault Lemon wiped out with 600,000.

It’s worth pointing out that Gutfeld! is on cable. Colbert, Kimmel, Corden, and Fallon are on broadcast television, and they all still lost.

Why would anyone tune into a late-night show to watch a bunch of rich, carbon-spewing $#@!s lecture us little people about Climate Change, especially when we all know Climate Change is just another one of the establishment’s big, fat, fake hoaxes?

I know that not that many tuned in, but still, you have to wonder about the person who, after a long day, would want to watch a bunch of millionaire liars whose respective shows burn up more energy in a single night than you do in a year, sit there and lie to you about how Climate Change is some sort of threat, especially when Climate Change is a hoax.

Gutfeld’s success is no surprise to me. It’s probably been more than ten years since I first suggested to Fox that they give Gutfeld a late-night slot. On top of the fact Greg’s talented and actually funny, it was a no-brainer idea then, and now that late-night has become nothing more than a smug, left-wing propaganda machine, it’s even more of a no-brainer idea now.

Fox News was itself built on the idea that Gee, maybe in a sea of left-wing news outlets, half the country might enjoy something else?

The same goes for late night.

Oh, and Gutfeld doesn’t need a Debbie Downer Climate Night to beat these uptight stiffs. He does it regularly.

And look at how Gutfeld’s beating them. Those left-wing $#@!s probably have ten times the budget Gutfeld! does, ten times the staff, ten times the joke writers, and access to the biggest stars in the country.

But none of that can paper over the fact they’re $#@!s.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.