Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IL-State house passes bill to confiscate semiauto guns belonging to 18-20 year olds

Future uncertain for proposed Illinois gun laws

Gov. Bruce Rauner seems to be leaning against the one new, proposed gun law that Illinois lawmakers sent him.

The rest are bottled up in the Senate as lawmakers try and find a future for gun control in the state. The Illinois House and Senate stamped their approval on a half dozen or so gun control plans at the beginning of the month. But they fully approved just one, a new plan to create state licenses for smaller gun dealers in Illinois.

Last week, Gov. Rauner said he's not sure about that plan.

"The federal government already regulates these gun dealers," the governor said Friday. "We’ve gotta be careful about putting too many redundant regulations that won’t really change or improve anything, but it may actually hurt small businesses in the state of Illinois."

https://www.ilnews.org/news/state_po...5d1be2f14.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm quite sure of it Pete.

I'm so far in the matrix it's not even funny.

I'm in 10 government databases that I can think off the top of my head, which means I'm probably in three times that amount.
    I know of and have seen a file 4 inches thick,, and that is only part of mine.

It has the proof of some of my wild stories. and then some no doubt.

but I'm pretty sure that few have access to it..

Hell,,my court transcripts are sealed and I can't even get them.

they were not sealed for MY protection.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Kuchinch is neither a Republican, nor anything remotely resembling a neocon. He's a non interventionist, on the Ron Paul Institute Advisory Board, and running for Ohio governor as a Democrat.
    Of course. I meant John Kasich. He's such an impressive figure that I couldn't even remember his name.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

"You must spread some Reputation around ..."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around ..."
    Covered...great movie, that.

Covered...great movie, that.

One of my all time favorites.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

John Milius. Pretty sure most of us can relate.

(ETA: I'm not a violent man, but I seriously wanted to throat-punch anyone involved in that ridiculous desecration of a remake a few years ago)
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 03-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Nothing to see here... move along...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So.....when a 25 yr old shoots up a parking lot or school will the new narrative/direction be; all 20-25 yr olds cannot own semi autos?
    So.....when a 30 yr old shoots up a parking lot or school will the new narrative/direction be; all 25-30 yr olds cannot own semi autos?
    I love my country, but I fear my government

This bill has passed the Senate as well now and heads back to the house for reconsiliation.

http://truthinmedia.com/under-21-ass...nder-illinois/
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Nothing to see here... move along...
    So are you now ready to quit mincing words and call Trump the piece of $#@! that he is?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid"

"Yeah, well, keeps me warm"

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid"

"Yeah, well, keeps me warm"

"... the chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache..."
    Chris

"... the chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache..."
    "Well, who is on our side?"

"600 million screaming Chinamen..."

"Um, last time I looked there was a billion screaming Chinamen."

"There were..."

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    So are you now ready to quit mincing words and call Trump the piece of $#@! that he is?

Nope. I don't base my judgments on lesser factors - at least not until the broader picture becomes clear. I am patient. Others are not. Or perhaps you all are just a whole lot smarter than I am - I admit that possibility.

What I find disturbing in all of this is the blind hatred spewing from people here. In this, I am not seeing that much difference from the SJWs and other progressives. I certainly understand why they sentiments are there; I could go there too. What I don't understand is the absence of self-control and patience. Where is the strategic-analytic mindset that used to be in strong evidence here? Something is going on and it doesn't leave me with a sense of the warm and fuzzy. Perhaps it is me.

I may be dead-wrong about all of this. Are you willing to concede the same about yourselves?

ETA: Oh and BTW, what in hell does Trump have to do with Ill-Annoy's latest and most predictable move to quash basic human rights? Seems you hung a very sudden left onto Strawman Blvd. What have I missed?
    Last edited by osan; 03-16-2018 at 04:47 AM.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Nope. I don't base my judgments on lesser factors - at least not until the broader picture becomes clear. I am patient. Others are not. Or perhaps you all are just a whole lot smarter than I am - I admit that possibility.

What I find disturbing in all of this is the blind hatred spewing from people here. In this, I am not seeing that much difference from the SJWs and other progressives. I certainly understand why they sentiments are there; I could go there too. What I don't understand is the absence of self-control and patience. Where is the strategic-analytic mindset that used to be in strong evidence here? Something is going on and it doesn't leave me with a sense of the warm and fuzzy. Perhaps it is me.

I may be dead-wrong about all of this. Are you willing to concede the same about yourselves?

ETA: Oh and BTW, what in hell does Trump have to do with Ill-Annoy's latest and most predictable move to quash basic human rights? Seems you hung a very sudden left onto Strawman Blvd. What have I missed?
    I also blindly hate SJWs and progressives (of which Trump is a progressive). It is an effect that happens when you advocate stealing my money.

Did Trump not give politial cover for raising the age limit to purchase long guns?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I also blindly hate SJWs and progressives (of which Trump is a progressive). It is an effect that happens when you advocate stealing my money.
    SJWs, as a category, are defined, are are progressives. Therefore, you have a valid basis for your opinions.

For you, Trump is sufficiently defined. I accept that, even if I think you may be premature, which is not to say you are wrong per sé. Apparently, I see possibilities others do not and am willing to hold off my conclusions until such time as things prove out for me. As I wrote before, I am slow to come to certain opinions. This one is of sufficient significance that I am willing to pay out a little more rope.

As for Trump-as-progressive, his past stated positions certainly speak to that. People can change their views. Did Trump? Probably not. At this point it is of little practical importance. It may become far more so come the next election. Trump is almost certainly a one-term pony. The D-Phagues are going to be out in huge force, come 2020, I suspect... that is, if we have not settled things by the gun beforehand.

Did Trump not give politial cover for raising the age limit to purchase long guns?
    It would appear that way, but media is difficult to trust. Time will tell - probably not that much more.

One thing I find curious is the reaction of some folks here because I'm not yet willing to call for Trump's head on a pole. I've been posting here for nine years and most of that time the people here have been talking ceaselessly about human rights - a laudable endeavor. I have exercised my right to withhold judgment on a man I have openly acknowledged is probably just another political stooge and some here seem to have walked right to the line of open contempt because I'm not yet on the "off with Trump's head!" bandwagon, despite my explicit statements that not only will I jump on it when I see fit, but will volunteer to wield the headsman's ax in the wake of what to my eyes constitute a particularly egregious betrayal, given all his campaign rhetoric.

It is interesting in a worrisome way to observe the parallels between some in the so-called "liberty movement" and those of the hard-left in terms of seemingly (to me) ill-founded, utter hatred. I thought we were supposed to be of cool, rational head; of reason and logic. I thought we were the better men who held hatred in obedience to reason and the more generous spirit.

From a practical standpoint, there is no advantage to anger and hatred, save in very narrowly defined situations such as those that spurred Audie Murphy on. When asked, I recall his response as being something to the effect that his anger and hate were what carried him through the various acts that got him what several Medals of Honor.

I don't care how people go about their musings and arriving at their opinions. I don't see why there has been so much bother about how I choose to do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12