Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden's Treasury Secretary Nominee Janet Yellen Makes Crazy Tax Proposal

Biden's Treasury Secretary Nominee Janet Yellen Makes Crazy Tax Proposal

Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These people truly are insane.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

God damn it, will you people please post a $#@!ing summary paragraph in your OPs??!!

For $#@!'s sake...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I don't doubt that smaulgld is an ally. But I've noticed the same thing about their posts. They don't seem to conform to the site guideline that says:
    • For-profit businesses that directly relate to a discussion forum. For allowance, members must engage the community and answer questions, not just post ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I don't doubt that smaulgld is an ally. But I've noticed the same thing about their posts. They don't seem to conform to the site guideline that says:
    I don't post ads and I do engage members when they ask questions. Sometimes I get NO responses to what I post, others days later.
    Also I have been a member many years. My current subscription just expired and am debating continuing based on the lack of engagement

I dont provide any summary on my videos or web site either, I simply post the the title and video. I do this because I no longer write long articles as I dont have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    I don't post ads and I do engage members when they ask questions. Sometimes I get NO responses to what I post, others days later.
    Also I have been a member many years. My current subscription just expired and am debating continuing based on the lack of engagement
    The thing is, what you post is almost always links to videos on your website (which I would call ads). You don't do what AF suggested, and actually take time to write out even one paragraph here on this site.

I dont provide any summary on my videos or web site either, I simply post the the title and video. I do this because I no longer write long articles as I dont have the time.
    That's kind of the issue I think AF was getting to. He has a point.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All she said in her confirmation hearing is that she'd "consider" taxing unrealized capital gains; it wasn't a proposal. Such a rule is already in place for securities dealers, but it's totally impractical for average investors and has zero chances of being passed.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

This just seems like it's wrangling at this point. Make the current system so untenable in every way, makes the resistance to a UBI less potent.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

And I dont write anything on my site either. The most engagement I have received from this forum is about non engagement!

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    This just seems like it's wrangling at this point. Make the current system so untenable in every way, makes the resistance to a UBI less potent.
    Makes it hard for anyone with out a ton or money to ever be able to make any

The thing is, what you post is almost always links to videos on your website (which I would call ads). You don't do what AF suggested, and actually take time to write out even one paragraph here on this site.
    And I dont write anything on my site either. The most engagement I have received from this forum is about non engagement!

Makes it hard for anyone with out a ton or money to ever be able to make any
    That's what I mean. Make the entire system so cumbersome and insane that when they say 'look, based off what your employment is you'll get X monies a month and dont have to worry about taxes SS or anything like that. Your money is your money every month' most folk say that don't sound so bad. Might make those bastard rich folk take a hit too, so that's good too.

All the while they don't tell you in order to get that payment monthly there's a whole lot of terms that come with it.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    All she said in her confirmation hearing is that she'd "consider" taxing unrealized capital gains; it wasn't a proposal. Such a rule is already in place for securities dealers, but it's totally impractical for average investors and has zero chances of being passed.
    I would hope so BUT this actually WAS a proposal in 2019 from the senator from Oregon

Take this thread as an example. There's nothing written in the OP for anyone to engage with. It's just links. If you wrote something that we could read and respond to, then you might get some engagement with that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it was a link to a video that dude created. Took me two seconds to follow it and start watching, I was sitting here at the computer anyway. Is that frowned upon around here these days?

Well, it was a link to a video that dude created. Took me two seconds to follow it and start watching, I was sitting here at the computer anyway. Is that frowned upon around here these days?
    Maybe it's just me. For me, yes. If I know what's in the video, I may decide I want to watch it (although I'd almost always rather just read the transcript). But I won't just follow click bait that says something along the lines of, "You'll never believe what so and so just said!"

With no disrespect to the OP, I don’t pay any attention to threads with just a link and no summary or opinions stated. I think the OP is misjudging the power in spending an extra minute to provide a bit of a reason or interest for someone to click the link. To that end it does feel like an advert, in the manner the link is posted simply to drive traffic but does not attempt to create a discussion.
    No - No - No - No

Maybe it's just me. For me, yes. If I know what's in the video, I may decide I want to watch it (although I'd almost always rather just read the transcript). But I won't just follow click bait that says something along the lines of, "You'll never believe what so and so just said!"
    That is the model of next news network. Smaulgld loses money from operating the website. I post - if it is of interest you can listen. If not I really dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    With no disrespect to the OP, I don’t pay any attention to threads with just a link and no summary or opinions stated. I think the OP is misjudging the power in spending an extra minute to provide a bit of a reason or interest for someone to click the link. To that end it does feel like an advert, in the manner the link is posted simply to drive traffic but does not attempt to create a discussion.
    You are correct. Thumbnails, headlines and summaries drive more audience. So if someone is accusing me of click bait- I do a bad job at it.

I am lazy and lost interest in growing an audience- I ditched You Tube Facebook and Twitter and hence 95% of my traffic. I post mainly for those that are already following me.

That is the model of next news network. Smaulgld loses money from operating the website. I post - if it is of interest you can listen. If not I really dont care.
    Good example.

There's a reason Next News Network (along with countless other clickbait sites) does that. They're not trying to make productive contributions to a forum. They're trying to get people to wonder what those suggestive titles are talking about, and then click the link and get redirected to their website or Youtube videos, which they then have to watch in order to get the answer to the question.

Good example.

There's a reason Next News Network (along with countless other clickbait sites) does that. They're not trying to make productive contributions to a forum. They're trying to get people to wonder what those suggestive titles are talking about, and then click the link and get redirected to their website or Youtube videos, which they then have to watch in order to get the answer to the question.
    "You'll never believe what Biden just did" "After Biden inauguration, Trump did this"
    I don't do that.
    Look at my website- I've just become lazy. If people want to listen to my podcasts I post them here so they can.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You'll never believe what Biden just did" "After Biden inauguration, Trump did this"
    I don't do that.
    Look at my website- I've just become lazy. If people want to listen to my podcasts I post them here so they can.
    Indeed if the owners of this site think I add no value and merely detract they can boot me, I won't lose any revenues or sleep over it

place is pretty dead , could dry up now more since all the biden voters hopefully go away , i get Danke to pay mine.

Take this thread as an example. There's nothing written in the OP for anyone to engage with. It's just links. If you wrote something that we could read and respond to, then you might get some engagement with that.
    And maybe I would make some money LOL

Don't let non-engagement deter you from posting here. I don't reply to many threads for various reasons -- sometimes I agree and nothing else needs be said, other times the thread speaks to its own so I don't wish to pollute it... etc.

I do watch your videos, and there are times that I play them in my liberty group meetings where they are indeed discussed.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Don't let non-engagement deter you from posting here. I don't reply to many threads for various reasons -- sometimes I agree and nothing else needs be said, other times the thread speaks to its own so I don't wish to pollute it... etc.

I do watch your videos, and there are times that I play them in my liberty group meetings where they are indeed discussed.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    God damn it, will you people please post a $#@!ing summary paragraph in your OPs??!!

For $#@!'s sake...
    Here you go bro:

She wants to tax "Unrealized Capital Gains".

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast