Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 26 Primary Results Thread (CT, DE, MD, PA, RI)

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Trump is way more popular in the suburbs and exurbs than the immediate districts of his Trump towers.
    People in the burbs are beginning to experience the costs and effects of the immigrant invasion. Something that piece of $#@! Cruz wants to expand.

* See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still early but based on preliminary information, Trump will have 927 delegates which leaves him needing 310 out of 651 yet to be decided (48%). He could have enough for getting the nomination on the first ballot- though it would be exciting to see what happens if he does not.

Connecticut: 16 of 28 delegates
    Delaware- 16 of 16 delegates
    Maryland- 26 of 38 delegates
    Pennsylvania- 17 delegates
    Rhode Island- 7 of 19 delegates

That adds to 92 delegates.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-26-2016 at 07:14 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you put it the other way around... well Trump won much bigger than expected in terms of percentage, but in terms of delegates its not yet much more - maybe 10 delegates more than expected. Might change though when we get news from PA unbound delegates.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Yeah Kasich beating Cruz in different area's, that is pathetic for Cruz
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Still early but based on preliminary information, Trump will have 927 delegates which leaves him needing 310 out of 651 yet to be decided (48%). He could have enough for getting the nomination on the first ballot.
    FHQ just tweeted its 58% of the rest if he gets ~100 delegates today.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.

Still early but based on preliminary information, Trump will have 927 delegates which leaves him needing 310 out of 651 yet to be decided (48%). He could have enough for getting the nomination on the first ballot- though it would be exciting to see what happens if he does not.
    I don't know where you got that from, but Trump will get well over 100 delegates tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    Rhode Island is proportional with only 10% threshold, so Kasich and Cruz are getting some of the very few RI delegates.
    Actually Cruz is struggling getting over 10% in RI so far... 10.1% with 48% in

Still early but based on preliminary information, Trump will have 927 delegates which leaves him needing 310 out of 651 yet to be decided (48%). He could have enough for getting the nomination on the first ballot.
    All projections have had him under 1000 after Apr 26. Trump did what he needed to do tonight, the rest of the calendar will be much harder for him.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

CNN made a good point, if your a PA delegate and your district voted 75% for Trump, who can vote for somebody else, you are betraying your neighbors you represent if you vote for somebody else as an unbound delegate. If it was 50/50 different story.

Jan2017

Rhode Island is proportional with only 10% threshold, so Kasich and Cruz are getting some of the very few RI delegates.
    Uhh, if Trump continues with 67% in RI he wouldn't sweep the delegates . . . huh ?

As for PA, we won't know how they'll vote at convention until the roll call on July 19 in Cleveland . . . nothing tonight about them, though some pledge their constituents that they'll go with the district winner.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    CNN made a good point, if your a PA delegate and your district voted 75% for Trump, who can vote for somebody else, you are betraying your neighbors you represent if you vote for somebody else as an unbound delegate. If it was 50/50 different story.
    About 2/3 of the delegate candidates say they will vote for whoever wins their district. The rest are hard supporters of Trump or Cruz.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Yes, a person's vote is sacred. It's one of the few things in this world that one can truly count as his own.

It shan't be taken away so easily.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I believe Trump should be the nominee, but I would rather see a contested convention. Would be very entertaining.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    The fact that Kasich is beating him in most of the states today must be pretty embarrassing for Cruz.
    Cruz will be third in another of the original 13 states now - Delaware, with Trump over 60%

Trump has won Delaware, according to A.P.

CANDIDATES VOTE PCT. DELEGATES
    Donald J. Trump 40,214 61.1% 16
    John Kasich 13,129 19.9
    Rafael E. Cruz 10,502 16.0
    Other 1,971 3.0
    65,816 votes, 96% reporting (301 of 313 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Uhh, if Trump continues with 67% in RI he wouldn't sweep the delegates . . . huh ?
    The 67% rule only applies to CDs not to at-large delegates in RI

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    As for PA, we won't know how they'll vote at convention until the roll call on July 19 in Cleveland . . . nothing tonight about them, though some pledge their constituents that they'll go with the district winner.
    I guess some bloggers like FHQ will have a good amount of info late this night or tomorrow. But yah, basically you are right

As somebody once said delegates are people too, but they go into it because they have passion for it, look at the Ron Paul delegates in 2012.
    Ron Paul delegates voted for who they thought would be be best to run the county, generally they were smarter than their contemporariness, we know this.
    I would trust a Ron Paul delegate from 2012 if they are again elected in PA to make the correct choice once again.
    Newbies just jumping in not so much.

see signature
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    see signature
    In some way there will be a contested convention anyways as its 100% clear by now that Trump will be nowhere near 50% of the hearts and minds of the delegates even if they are bound to him (which they could change by rules commitee) He has rather 30% or even less.
    Last edited by MarcusI; 04-26-2016 at 07:27 PM.

In some way there will be a contested convention anyways as its 100% clear by now that Trump will be nowhere near 50% of the hearts of minds of the delegates even if they are bound to him (which they could change by rules commitee) He has rather 30% or even less.
    Wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Jan2017

see signature
    South Carolina is gonna decide about unbinding all their 50 GOP delegates . . . some would go to 2nd place SC finisher Rubio after all.
    They have delegate selection in a couple weeks.

see signature
    You also said this
    Any talk of a contested convention at this point is a pipe dream, delusional, denial.
    I agree, I don't think most delegates want a political civil war on the floor of the convention.

In some way there will be a contested convention anyways as its 100% clear by now that Trump will be nowhere near 50% of the hearts and minds of the delegates even if they are bound to him (which they could change by rules commitee) He has rather 30% or even less.
    At this point if Trump doesn't get the nomination there will be riots in the streets. Even more so if he wins the 1257 and they try to $#@! him out of it.

Like I said - a person's vote is sacred. You don't $#@! with people's votes.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I guess some bloggers like FHQ will have a good amount of info late this night or tomorrow. But yah, basically you are right
    When we have the names of those elected, I can provide a fairly good estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    At this point if Trump doesn't get the nomination there will be riots in the streets. Even more so if he wins the 1257 and they try to $#@! him out of it.

Discontent yes. But riots no. People are far to scared to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Wishful thinking.
    Hmmm... shall I post some 200 delegate election news now in which you can see how many Trump-bound delegates are Cruz or Kasich supporters?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

I myself highly doubt that they will do it - but the fact is there that a convention with a minority of Trump-Fans and a majority of Trump-haters will convene.

Rhode Island GOP

99% in

Trump 64.6%
    Kasich 23.9%
    Cruz 10.3%

LOL Baltimore check the D/R ratio:

Democratic

0% Reporting
    H. Clinton 71.7% 20,844
    B. Sanders 23.9% 6,948
    Uncommitted 4.0% 1,170
    R. De La Fuente 0.3% 89

Republican

0% Reporting
    T. Cruz 33.1% 387
    D. Trump 32.4% 378
    J. Kasich 23.8% 278
    B. Carson 4.1% 48
    J. Bush 1.9% 22
    M. Rubio 1.3% 15

Maryland GOP

34% in

Trump 54.5%
    Kasich 22.6%
    Cruz 19.5%

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast