Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UK General Election Thread

Thank God. There is still a Britain. Their culture has rotted in ways I can't imagine and all sorts of dark days are still ahead, but deep within, underneath all the layers of decay, Britain is still there. The civilization that ended slavery, civilized the world and created the common law. It lives, buried, but still kicking.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    No they won't. The Queen is the head of state. The EU can't do anything.
    I mean militarily or through espionage to support an uprising.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Thank God. There is still a Britain. Their culture has rotted in ways I can't imagine and all sorts of dark days are still ahead, but deep within, underneath all the layers of decay, Britain is still there. The civilization that ended slavery, civilized the world and created the common law. It lives, buried, but still kicking.
    It will take more than BREXIT to ensure that there will always be an England but this is a hopeful sign.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    France is going to throw a fit. LOL
    I bet Macron is literally shaking.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Uxbridge. Boris seat. Conservative HOLD. Majority of 7,000 for Boris.

#Boris to speak.

Boris: 'it looks like this One Nation Conservative government has been given a powerful new mandate. To get Brexit done. We will unite the country. And yes we will recruit 50,000 new nurses and build 40 new hospitals and one of those hospitals will be right here in Uxbridge. I want to thank the people of those country who came out and voted in this December election. And this result means we will respect the Democratic will of the people. Thank you.'

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dunbartonshite East. Libdem Leader Swinson's seat. LibDem LOSS to the SNP ​hahahahahhahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I mean militarily or through espionage to support an uprising.
    No, they wont mess with the UK. They learned their lesson in the battle of Waterloo, the battle of Trafalger, WW1 and WW2.

Boris is a capitalist but he's also a big government type of conservative. Think Romney but funny.

However Corbyn wanted to nationalize the utility companies and all sorts of weird Marxist crap. He has been utterly rejected.

Boris arriving in central London. I think he now has to see The Queen. Probably tomorrow for that.

Nationalism is alive; that's all.

No, they wont mess with the UK. They learned their lesson in the battle of Waterloo, the battle of Trafalger, WW1 and WW2.
    It's been a long time, they can be very forgetful.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sedgefield: Con GAIN

CON: 47.2% (+8.4)
    LAB: 36.3% (-17.1)
    BREX: 8.5% (+8.5)
    LDEM: 4.7% (+2.8)
    GRN: 2.4% (+0.8)

Swing: Lab to Con (+12.8)
    Turnout: 64.6%
    Full results: https://t.co/wVfQPUtvng #GE2019

Tony Blair's former seat.

— Britain Elects (@britainelects) December 13, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, that seat has been Labour since 1935.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tories officially win the election. The Conservatives has formally won this General Election. They can't be beat now.

That's the end of this thread.

Thank you all for the last 6 hours. Its been fun. I couldn't have done it without Turbo Force from InfoWars. I highly recommend it (www.infowarsstore.com)

Boris is a capitalist but he's also a big government type of conservative. Think Romney but funny.

However Corbyn wanted to nationalize the utility companies and all sorts of weird Marxist crap. He has been utterly rejected.
    I'm hardly thrilled over Boris Johnson; the Tories probably have even more problems than the GOP. That said, there's some things a civilization just can't survive. A Corbyn Prime Ministership is very probably one of those things. Had he won the future of the UK would have been a tanking pound, capital flight they haven't seen in decades, open borders, mass nationalization of everything, up to and including ISPs.

Had this gone the other way these two would have wielded more power than just about anyone else in the UK:

A country doesn't come back from that.

Edit: Apparently, these two used to $#@!... What a country.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 12-12-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Almost a mirror image of the US county map.

Pockets of leftism in giant metro areas filled with diversity, while roughly 90 percent of the nation goes the other way.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Almost a mirror image of the US county map.

Pockets of leftism in giant metro areas filled with diversity, while roughly 90 percent of the nation goes the other way.

Boris said he is going to crackdown on immigration and introduce an Australian style points system. This policy played very well for him in those previous Labour seats.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson may be celebrating a stunning election victory, but another leader also scored an emphatic win -- and it’s one that promises to set up a renewed clash over the U.K.’s future.The Scottish National Party took back most of the districts it lost two years ago. Such a dramatic outcome –- winning 48 of the 59 seats available in Scotland -– will galvanize the party in its pursuit of the independence referendum leader Nicola Sturgeon says is necessary after her country opposed leaving the European Union.
    Johnson, like his predecessor Theresa May, has consistently resisted pressure from the SNP-led administration in Edinburgh for another independence vote. But the last one, when Scots chose to stay in the U.K. in 2014, was before the vote to leave the EU. Sturgeon made stopping Brexit and giving Scotland the right to dictate its own future the cornerstone of her party’s campaign.
    “Johnson has a mandate for Brexit and Sturgeon has a mandate for Scottish independence,” said Simon Hix, professor of political science at the London School of Economics. “We are heading towards a new constitutional crisis, which won’t be resolved easily in the next few years.”
    The SNP gained 13 seats, while Johnson’s Conservatives lost seven and Labour lost six to hold a solitary district in a country it dominated for most of the postwar period. The SNP held others with increased majorities and even took the seat of Liberal Democrat Party Leader Jo Swinson.
    “It shows the divergent paths that Scotland and the rest of the U.K. are on,” Sturgeon told the BBC from Glasgow. “It’s still my plan to submit an official request before the end of the year for a new independence referendum.”

The result means more SNP supporters will be agitating for Sturgeon to demand an independence vote –- regardless of whether the U.K. government acquiesces to one, a legal requirement. Humza Yousaf, Scotland’s justice minister, said that the referendum in 2014 was the “gold standard” and that Scotland would seek the legal agreement for a repeat vote next year.
    While polls have typically shown an independence referendum would be too close to call, two recent surveys gave a clear lead for sticking with the U.K. An SNP election victory would make the party’s army of activists more confident they can narrow the gap. Scottish Parliamentary elections are also due in 2021, when the SNP could reinforce its mandate for a referendum.
    “If Sturgeon wins big again in May 2021, Johnson will be unable to resist a second independence referendum,” said Hix.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/u-k-election-...025344088.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With 1 seat yet to be announced here are the major results from the UK election:

Tories: +47 for 364
    Labor: -59 for 203
    Scottish Nationals: +13 for 48
    Lib Dems -1 for 11

326 seats needed to win

More details can be found here: https://www.bbc.com/news/election/2019/results

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Leftist Labour supporters immediately announced plans to protest the result of a democratic election once again after the Conservatives swept to a crushing victory in last night’s UK election.

https://summit.news/2019/12/13/lefti...n-uk-election/
    "The Patriarch"

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn’t expect this…

The Conservatives led by Bullingdon Boy Boris Johnson have won an absolute majority in parliament – 364 of 650 seats (up 47).
    Only one seat to be counted…

This is the largest Tory majority since the age when Margaret Thatcher was Elizabeth’s PM, in 1987.

Jeremy Corbyn has promised to step down as leader of Labour early next year.

This looks like Britons have voted to get Brexit finalized, and BoJo the clown has no more excuses to get Britain out of the EU: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-2019-50755004
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Conservative Party vs Labor party is like Republican Party vs Democratic party.
    Both are bad but the left is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Conservative Party vs Labor party is like Republican Party vs Democratic party.
    Both are bad but the left is worse.
    Both British parties are worse than their American counterparts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast