Thread: The WEB is officially ruined

The WEB is officially ruined

Anyone else notice the increase on websites of oversized ads or overlaying video or other annoying stuff like that?

I use adblocker but some sites say I have to disable it if i want to continue!

The web is ruined.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As much as I love the internet, there are times where I wish it didn't exist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    As much as I love the internet, there are times where I wish it didn't exist.
    What bothers you so much about the internet? You mean like me with the amount of ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Anyone else notice the increase on websites of oversized ads or overlaying video or other annoying stuff like that?

I use adblocker but some sites say I have to disable it if i want to continue!

The web is ruined.
    You will want to look up all the advantages of Brave yourself, but if you are just wanting to block ad's i haven't seen anything better.

https://brave.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    You will want to look up all the advantages of Brave yourself, but if you are just wanting to block ad's i haven't seen anything better.

Thanks Tommy. I'll give it a go. I like Chrome but im just very frustrated..

Thanks Tommy. I'll give it a go. I like Chrome but im just very frustrated..
    Your're welcome. I have been using it for about eight months and haven't looked back.

EDIT: Also using their crypto tipping is something that i thought would appeal to RPF. I tipped Rand but later canceled it because he has to verify his Twitter account with Brave to receive it. If someone tells him about it i think he'll like it.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 12-11-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Is there any way to load that while avoiding the Google store?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Brave is very fast. Reminds me of the old days. So far so good. Thanks Tommy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is there any way to load that while avoiding the Google store?
    I don't know of any other way to download it. I Downloaded right from the same page i linked to.

I've got it pretty good , nobody tries to sell me anything except nighties and whatnot . Guess they know I don't buy anything . I did spend 40 FRN's this morning , got 75 lbs of feed , a quart of oil , 2 1/8 gallon of gas , maybe 2 1/2 lbs of bird seed and a new male replacement plug. I think I still need a couple females and I'll be caught up with that work. I'll have to check.
    Do something Danke

I will agree with the main statement. I hate ads and they're getting better at blocking the blockers.

What I also find interesting, most people I know no longer have a video or dvd recorder but use a box that they get from their provider... Which limits the amount of content, auto removes it, doesn't allow you to fast-forward past ads...

I get into discussions a lot with people, where they will defend progression at all costs. I personally hate software updates, unless it's bug fixes. Mostly if software works, just let me use it as is. Don't change the GUI and make me look for everything again.
    "I am a bird"

Adguard works pretty good. Or ublock origin. I like using the standalone adguard app or standalone software and ublock browser addon at the same time. Adguard has an addon too but i like the standalone software or app better. If you dont want it to tell you to turn off adblock enable aaklist. If you enable the anti adblock killer and annoyances filters it makes the web faster. Also setting your useragent to chrome seems to make some pages better if you are not using chrome. You can always whitelist websites that dont use annoying $#@! like RPF. If you have a device that cant use apps and addons adguard has DNS servers. I bought adguard but it might be some sort of dataminer especially because when buying it using paypal using Russian currency dropped the price for lifetime usage to cheap as hell i found this method of buying it by googling for a promo for adguard. I figure if i am going to use the internet i am going to be datamined so i might as well have it work good. You can probably get away with ublock origin and aaklist and annoyances filters. With ublock origin make sure the extra filters are enabled and cosmetic filtering is on. There are a lot of third party filters you can get too that work for both adguard and ublock. privacybadger and decentraleyes are pretty useful too if you use firefox im not sure if chrome has decentraleyes but i think it has privacybadger and ublock origin.

What bothers you so much about the internet? You mean like me with the amount of ads?
    Not just the amount of ads. Just the fact that the internet in general has made people soft, particularly Millennials and Gen Z.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not just the amount of ads. Just the fact that the internet in general has made people soft, particularly Millennials and Gen Z.
    Ron Paul reached many young people, including myself. Well, I'm not that young any more. 2007 seems like a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I will agree with the main statement. I hate ads and they're getting better at blocking the blockers.

What I also find interesting, most people I know no longer have a video or dvd recorder but use a box that they get from their provider... Which limits the amount of content, auto removes it, doesn't allow you to fast-forward past ads...

I get into discussions a lot with people, where they will defend progression at all costs. I personally hate software updates, unless it's bug fixes. Mostly if software works, just let me use it as is. Don't change the GUI and make me look for everything again.
    Windows 10 is the most bloated piece of sh*t ive ever used.

I don't know of any other way to download it. I Downloaded right from the same page i linked to.
    Thanks. It does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also use Brave. It's become a lot better in the past year. I am a fan.